Hermanista's Knights Mechanicus

hermanista

Yeah exactly that for the claw, the feet win out, especially when it's your warlord with +1 attack so you get 15 stomp attacks instead.

It is indeed, now of only we had something to cause extra hits on exploding 4s or 5s...

The lightning cannon needs something as it's dire, but I just don't trust FW to fix anything nowadays, it's over a year later and they still haven't given the FW knights the ability to take Questor Mechanicus for instance, having the stratagem to count as the top level bracket for the turn would have helped loads. Instead I could only rotate ion shields or reroll

Yeah it's just very weirdly statted when you compare it to 7th...

In 7th it's a Large Blast S7 AP3, Rending, Shred.

In 8th it's 7 Shots S7 AP-1 with an AP/ Damage boosting.

So really, the number of shots is somewhat there, but -1AP is way out, it should be -2 boosting to -4 on a 6 to wound. Make it flat 2D, no boosting as rolling D3's is annoying as hell.

Just missing the shred mechanic I suppose! That would probably boost it right up to where it should be in relation to the other Knight Weapons.

Last game vs a sister army that was perfect for dismantling mine, just a terrible match up. Great opponent though with a lovely army - he used to be manager of warhammer world itself.

So 5 games, going 3-2, with 2 favourite game awards and 3 best army awards.

Didn't get a best painted nomination but that was never going to happen, I did get my stuff photographed though so it may appear in print at some point.

And I finished 19/90, which I can totally live with.

Next steps is to get more done, more detailing on the army and await the codex.

Definitely more things to think about, but I've stopped for food on the 3 hour journey home so those thoughts can come later.

I am a happy man, and now get to go home and see the lass and the baby boy.

Chris

Thanks for taking us all along for the ride. I think you nailed it when you said it's a fun, almost surprise army. In this case especially so, since I sincerely doubt anyone else had 4 armigers and it's a fair bet most people playing haven't even dealt with them yet. 

I'm not a competitive player but I can see why they're a 'problem' compared to other units for the same cost. From what the design team was saying before, the cost of units isn't always just about their stats. They take into consideration if it brings something unique to an army, fulfills a particularly vital role (like grabbing objectives) and stuff like that. Which is part of why it seems so subjective and also why it can change so much. I'd be a little surprised if they drop that much for the codex, but the more people talk about it online the more likely it will be that they'll listen. GW has been SO much better at listening lately. 

Last game vs a sister army that was perfect for dismantling mine, just a terrible match up. Great opponent though with a lovely army - he used to be manager of warhammer world itself.

So 5 games, going 3-2, with 2 favourite game awards and 3 best army awards.

Didn't get a best painted nomination but that was never going to happen, I did get my stuff photographed though so it may appear in print at some point.

And I finished 19/90, which I can totally live with.

Next steps is to get more done, more detailing on the army and await the codex.

Definitely more things to think about, but I've stopped for food on the 3 hour journey home so those thoughts can come later.

I am a happy man, and now get to go home and see the lass and the baby boy.

Chris

Thanks for taking us all along for the ride. I think you nailed it when you said it's a fun, almost surprise army. In this case especially so, since I sincerely doubt anyone else had 4 armigers and it's a fair bet most people playing haven't even dealt with them yet.

I'm not a competitive player but I can see why they're a 'problem' compared to other units for the same cost. From what the design team was saying before, the cost of units isn't always just about their stats. They take into consideration if it brings something unique to an army, fulfills a particularly vital role (like grabbing objectives) and stuff like that. Which is part of why it seems so subjective and also why it can change so much. I'd be a little surprised if they drop that much for the codex, but the more people talk about it online the more likely it will be that they'll listen. GW has been SO much better at listening lately.

I definitely could have done better taking 4 big knights, claw Styrix, crusader, errant, warden is 100 points and imho scarier with much more shooting ability.

I don't think the points will drop that much, the way I think is what should a 2k list look like on the pages of the codex.

It has to show all the new stuff, which makes me think a Castellan, a regular knight, 2 Armigers doesn't look right.

Makes me think that extra regular knight will fit in there.

If armigers (with the melta) drop to 200, they'd at least not feel like a complete waste, although they probably should be 10-20 points lower than that. Currently I believe that the big knight chassi is 320 points, that should proabably be dropped down to around 250-275 if the weapons stay the same. I'm not too fond of forgeworld because of the fact that those rules seem a bit less balanced in general so I hope the new castellan gets weapon options that are a bit more bonkers as well, because some of the forgeworld stuff seems pretty fun. Like titanic flamethrowers.

Managed to snag a few minutes this morning to pop "Blue" my lead Armiger into the cheaply lightbox I've got and get some slightly better pics.

There's still plenty of work to do - gloss the lenses, drill barrels, put their trouser armour on, sort the bases, but they're definitely serviceable and getting close to done.

They've been great fun too which is another positive.

zyop5n7.jpg

4DRVehO.jpg

Qu9kAj3.jpg

EUUDdoH.jpg

Not as good as Prot's though, more work is required.

Chris

So, theres another local tournament a week on Saturday and I've been given permission to go.

2 rounds

2k points

Round 1: Kill Confirmed

Round 2: Sealed Orders

Winner will be the person with the most maelstrom points after two games.

So faced with a choice, do I take the same list that I took to TOS, or do I go with something else.

Other list I was consider is a bit harder hitting

2x crusader with avenger/thermal cannon

Paladin Warlord with Ravaged

Styrix with claw

A lot more firepower for clearance, but less models.

Also has only 6 CP instead of 9. But then with my abject failure at rerolls maybe I don't need that many.

Tomorrow is a day off, so will be building/painting as the little un is off to nanna's for the most of the day.

There's a painting competition too, so more work on a knight warlord may be needed.

Loving the pics in this thread.

Also agree on the Magaera points cost. It has an arbitrary +100 points for no discernible reason when it's body is identical to the Styrix.

• 2 weeks later...

New Pics of Model look awesome :thumbsup:

Your Lucky you have Nanna to look after your precious Bundle...so you can work on your OTHER precious Bundle :tongue.: 

Good Luck with the next tourney..which maybe is this weekend?...:ermm:  Good luck!!! :biggrin.:  

Cheers,Mithril

So thinking forward to thr new codex, today I took the plunge on the troops to go alongside the knights.

With the knight background being about them as being converted farm machinery, and the Armigers piloted by herdsmen, a more feudal troop rather than a high tech one.

Enter these chaps

Kv5xNUs.jpg

With AdMech rifles they'll suit for less advanced troops and more house guard.

Also all those bionic hands explains various work based accidents... I doubt there is much of a suing culture on the world.

These are going as guardsmen.

It's a terrible thing, but there's a few reasons to pick them

It adds some variety for trying to get a painting nomination in future tournaments.

It adds some board control to push deepstrikers even further back with the new beta rules.

But mainly

Tactical brilliance/Kurovs Aquila combo

Because my army combo of two super heavy detachments of crusader/armiger/armiger and styrix/armiger/armiger is no longer valid, for the price of a single Armiger I can pop the stryix, crusader and 3 Armigers into a single detachment and add a guard battallion with kurovs/tactical brilliance for the +5 command points and the CP regen.

Much more tactically flexible and powerful on the battlefield.

Edited by hermanista

You know what they say, when life gives you lemons...

+

+++++

++

+++ Mechanically separate unsavory citrus fruit +++

+++ Capture and save resulting acidic liquid, discard or repurpose pulp +++

+++ Dilute acidic liquid with cold H2O +++

+++ Combine with concentrated sucrose/fructose substance, to taste +++

+++ Enjoy increase in flavor profile thanks to the blessings of the Omnissiah +++

++++++

++

++++

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2018/04/40k-rumors-imperial-knights-new-models-latest.html

Your famous again....even though it’s things you’ve said ages ago. I’m guessing they forgot and got excited again lol

Hooray, 10 minutes of fame instead of 5, lol.

Walter

I only really get to play tournaments at WHW, so my stuff gets built with that in mind, meaning GW kits only

Well , you will do them fine with the range provided by, G.W. lots of opportunity's. Trying to pull my foot out of my mouth. I am still going to follow your progress of course. The idea is interesting , I want to see what you will come up with to bring this concept forward. I am also wondering will they provide a troop choice for knight houses when the codex drops.

I am also wondering will they provide a troop choice for knight houses when the codex drops.

My hope : AdMech ! Thematically, they are simply the best fit. Especially the tech priest dominus and enginseer with vanguart troops (eventually rangers).

My fear : they put the armigers in this role. So, you'll need at least 2 or 4 for this to get the objectives.