The Judgment on Kadeth - Dr. Ruminahui's Emperor's Children

1) Short claws, there's something a bit creepy about having long legs but short grasping hands/claws? The long claws would definitely work too!

2) Smooth with closed Hatch. For me, there's already enough spikey bits and limbs etc, I think more could make it look too busy?

3) Small spike legs gives it a bit more varience which I like a lot

Excellent work Dr! :wub:

Posted (edited)

Thanks Tallarn Commander, Brother Nathan and Trawling Cleaner - glad you like my work so far!

Brother Nathan, I agree the ground displacement issue would be a huge issue for the front claw, but realistically even the feet on the armored legs are way too small to keep the thing from sinking into the ground - but realism only takes you so far when one wants a spider tank. :biggrin:

Interestingly, on my informal pole in the chaos forums and my WIP thread, long crushing claw just edged out short with the same for shield versus spike leg (both 4-3) while tentacles were the run away favorite versus hatch (6-2).

So, based on the above I thought to combine the tentacles with the side hatch (having it partially open with the tentacles coming out the gap) only to find that I have no idea where the hatches were.  So instead, I glued on some plates from the chaos vehicle accessory sprue and will put tentacles elsewhere on the model, and I may well do the other side with no hatch and emerging tentacles.

2jwy719.jpg

As shown above, rather than make up my mind on the arm/leg questions (though I'm inclined to side with the majorities for both), I built the smoke stacks instead.

Here are some close ups:

ZZEqmTU.jpg

yf6zlrb.jpg

The one on the very back is because I had a gap from how the gestation sacks joined together and decided to fill it this way.

Though you can't really see it, the outermost stacks on either side have little faces cut into them kind of like the mauler/forge fiend does - I'm thinking of building them up (again like the fiend does) with greenstuff to make them more visible.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui