• 2 weeks later...

Blood for the Blood God..

So I am behind schedule but I am trying to catch back up. Over the last few nights I have been chipping away at completing my Betrayer41 Berzerker squad. So let me show you the new kids on the block:

gallery_55057_13897_297553.jpg

So first and foremost. The guy in the front is blatant plagiarism from a post by betrayer41 in this thread about MK3 armor and CSM. I saw that World Eater and all I could hear was I JUST DIED IN YOUR ARMS TONIGHT repeatedly. This was the seed of desire that was planted. I knew I had to have some of my own. Well, now I have a whole squad of them :smile.:

gallery_55057_13897_228144.jpg

Zassarin and his squad ready to bring the axe down upon the wretches of the Imperium. If you were counting I have One Kh

Blood for the Blood God..

So I am behind schedule but I am trying to catch back up. Over the last few nights I have been chipping away at completing my Betrayer41 Berzerker squad. So let me show you the new kids on the block:

gallery_55057_13897_297553.jpg

So first and foremost. The guy in the front is blatant plagiarism from a post by betrayer41 in this thread about MK3 armor and CSM. I saw that World Eater and all I could hear was I JUST DIED IN YOUR ARMS TONIGHT repeatedly. This was the seed of desire that was planted. I knew I had to have some of my own. Well, now I have a whole squad of them :smile.:

gallery_55057_13897_228144.jpg

Zassarin and his squad ready to bring the axe down upon the wretches of the Imperium. If you were counting I have One Kh

The new fellas look cracking as usual, especially the foremost fella with the two hander and is that Khârn's head?

The chap on the far right of the new arrivals looks a little tucked up to me, though this could be in part due to the way that the MKIV helms fit with the bloodbound torsos.

Glorious! They look great, now I feel the pressure hehe. And regarding the axe, I mean it's obvious, who wouldn't cut the lower blade off hehe. All respect due to betrayer for the concept but i wouldn't worry about stealing the axe conversion.

Now i may have missed some text, but is there a particular reason for the mk iv helmets? I'm guessing they're a pretty good fit for the collars?

Edit: just realised these are black legion and not world eaters, hence the helmets:)

Edited by ElDuderino

@Vazzy, your berzerkers are anything but bland. Just checked out N'bil on your log and he is properly menacing and his background is great. I am definitely looking forward to more. I am going to have to give your paint recipe a run here in a month or so for the next batch of these murderers I build. I screencapped the recipe on my phone to have it handy. :smile.:

@Pearson, Thanks and yes, that would be Khârn's head there. The use of his head, that torso, and that weapon were nicked from Betrayer41 himself. I love that mini he put together and I had to have my own.

That far right fella's head does look squashed in a bit. I tried my best to get the head in and the grill behind the collar detail of the armor. I'll have to take another look at him and see if I need to fix his head. At least if I remove it I won't feel guilty muttering 'skulls for the skull throne' while doing it. :smile.:

@ElDuderino, Thanks but I copied the use of Khârn's head, that torso, the pose a wee bit, and the weapon too. Like I mentioned earlier I just had to have my own copy of that sweet World Eater.

It wasn't so much that they are Black Legion that I used the Mk4 helms. Those bits were fitting into these last few collared torsos pretty easily so I went with them. However, it has me wondering about how the Vampyran Echelon (my BL berzerkers) started with World Eater veterans and how they would recruiting since joining the Black Legion. The gears are turning for background fluff :smile.:

@Traitor, Thanks! I am hoping I can get these guys done maybe tonight or tomorrow night. I want to add some pouches and cabling to them to top'em off. That way I can get them primed on Thursday or Friday.

I still have my terminators to paint but I do want to see one of these betrayer-mark Berzerkers in black and gold.

Death to the False Emperor!

So first and foremost. The guy in the front is blatant plagiarism from a post by betrayer41 in this thread about MK3 armor and CSM. I saw that World Eater and all I could hear was I JUST DIED IN YOUR ARMS TONIGHT repeatedly.

Now I have that song in my head too and a scene from the film Hotrod which it appears in.

Those AOS parts work like a dream. I know a few people have done these sorts of conversions but it just looks so good everytime. If anything was going to temp be to add some berzerkers to my Chaos army it's these.

I think you've used just the right amount of AOS parts to keep them in the 40k universe, the guitar strings help add a bit of tech too.

The mark X heads are looking great. The champion head is fantastic too, what's this from?

Oh yeah Krakendoomcool, that song is dangerous! :)

Those bloodwarrior bits do make for some bigger, bulkier, and more bad ass marines. I am definitely happy to see even more of it around B&C as there will be more ideas I can 'borrow' from haha :whistling:  I mean, did borrow the whole idea after seeing betrayer41 and krautscientist put them to use. And I am sure they could work for undivided or another other god with Khorne icon's removed and some conversion work.

I'd say give these guys a shot if you want to do another project. I want to make about a dozen more for a Heralds of Ruin kill team but I am sucking air through my teeth wondering what the rules will be for GW's kill team and what GW's new World Eaters could look like whenever they show up.

And thanks, I've never had anything against it but I never wanted to do fantasy to 40k warriors until these guys as they can definitely past for grimdark. As for the heads those are plain jane mk4 helms. Though looking back those primaris reiver skull helms would have been good to use. And that bareheaded fella has FW Khârn's head. Complete with some dangerous look butcher's nails.

Gorgeous! These'll look even better once they're painted. Regarding the post about the daemonic helmets, a few heads you could try are the ones from the possessed kit as well as a couple of the Night Lords legion helmets from FW. Though I have to say that seeing Zassy with the rest of his horde made me change my mind - if anything, he stands out in just the right way. Looking at the squad, the head makes the question of the leader's identity perfectly clear.

A line has been drawn in the sand, brother.

Now you lay bleeding on the wrong side of it.

-Unknown World Eater Legionary, Istvann III Atrocity

I was doing good just sticking to the Black Legion these last few months. I do not need anything hobby-wise but GW stuff and I only need the Black Legion because I can have almost everything with it. Now with these sweet betrayer41-mark berzerkers and upcoming Kill Team I derailed for some old friends of mine, the Eaters of Worlds. I did get some work done this weekend when time allowed to fix up a Black Legion contemptor and land raider but something else just kept calling to me. I had left over bits and an idea just screaming in the back of my mind. So after a bit of work I have this:

gallery_55057_14744_74156.jpg

He has no name yet but he will be the leader of the Red Peril, a XII murder squad and I will be using them in Kill Team/Heralds of Ruin. I'll be keeping track of their progress here rather than start a new log.

I promise my next update will be a Black Legion one. I am waiting on bits and need to get more bloodwarriors to make more berzerkers so it will be awhile. I've started assembly line painting my terminators so I hope I'll get time to make some progress on them worth showing off soon.

---

AHorriblePerson, I think you are right as it does help him stick out a bit more from the rest of the squad. I still wouldn't mind some more daemonic facemasks. I'm wondering if taking daemon heads like bloodletters and cutting them down to would be a good route as well.

Chaplain Dosjetka, Thanks! Hopefully you do not have to wait too long. I've got some terminators I want to knock out and get painted up. Once I do that I am going to buy more to replace them and I will feel less guilty about it if I get them painted first. :smile.:

Vairocanum, Thanks bud! The next batch has now begun! The rest will be coming along in the next few weeks. In the meantime I have tanks to fix up and plastic to paint!

Nephilim, Thanks dude! World Eaters are nostalgiac for me as they were the army I loved back in 5th. I hate cheesy armies with deathstars in them that were all about WAAC. I just enjoyed sending berzerkers up the field and slaughtering everything in their path, especially Kh

That model looks epic Hush! Loving all your Bez conversions so far, keep up the great work !!

Between you, Kraut and Betrayer i am really starting to wish i had gone this route with my Bez squads. Yes they are more pricey, but the look of the squad is amazing 

Edited by Sagentus

Destroy, for the sake of Destruction!

Kill, for the sake of Killing!

Very happy my new butcher is being well received! I was feeling sketchy about using that mace as a meteor hammer. Since I didn't want to drop $$ on a rampager squad just to get my hands on two big chainaxes and two meteor hammers I made due and it seems like it was a good move.

Below is a scale shot. Sorry for the uncropped photo, rushed to take some pics and didn't edit.
gallery_55057_14744_79424.jpg

More angle shots:

gallery_55057_14744_163789.jpg
gallery_55057_14744_33824.jpg
gallery_55057_14744_314406.jpg
gallery_55057_14744_100533.jpg

The only thing I would liked to have changed it to have used a smaller chain. It would have looked a lot better wrapped around the wrist. I also forgot to mention I need to go back and fix the brass rod through his hand. On the lower portion I threaded a 1mm brass rod through the chain link and was able to bend the brass rod into a loop. I cut it too short to do so on the other side. So I'm going to try and green stuff the rest of the loop for the top part. Speaking of which I need to redo the green stuff behind his leg above the knee joint.

---

Thanks for the responses and feedback everyone!

@Vazzy, I am happy he is getting that kind of response! I was really debating if I wanted to make this guy my leader and its good to know he gets the right reaction for the job.

@AhorriblePerson, That was the goal! I seriously would love a story about him fighting on Armatura.

@Sagentus, I like them and they are fun to build yet the price and labor will keep me from making a bunch of them. Hopefully :) Plus I work slow when it comes to building and even more so for conversions like this. It may just be me though. Vazzy is knocking them out like crazy. Elduderino also made his fast.

I am also going to start using 'bez' as that sounds awesome.

@Betrayer41, I tried haha. I really wanted a meteor hammer but I just don't feel like buying that rampager set from FW to get a hold of two of them (plus those sweet chainaxes). I also didn't have anything round to convert into one but I was happy that mace bit worked out. I may have to look into using beads or something similar in the future. And please keep making more.

And yeah, Kh Edited by hushrong