KDC's Space Wolves - Grand Annulus Finished!

Krakendoomcool

Dang, hadn`t seen the Update. Came out so so great so far, really want to see it finished. I feel you on hat middle slab, but lets wait and see.

Also read Emperors Gift over Easter because of your Suggestion. I usually tend to say that I think ADB does Chaos better than Imperial. But man, this has to be one of my All Time Favourites. Thx Again. Gonna Order Logan after the Lockdown :biggrin.:

@ PeteySodes

Cheers mate, appreciate that. I'm going against what I said and showing a WIP to get your opinion.

@ NightHowler

Thank you, I'm definitely carrying on.

@ Bryan Blaire

Cheers. Great idea, I could resculpt the middle if I dislike it that much after painting,

@ GrFlur

I know right! Oh well come this far, suppose I should continue. :wink:

@ Oshikai

Thank you. Glad you read and liked the book (on the subject, ADB saw the last update of this at the GS stage and said "oh lordy, that's b*d*ss", my eyes nearly popped out of my head when I saw that!). How awesome is Logan in that book, so awesome!

@ Bjorn Firewalker

Cheers mate.

So I've been painting this beast. Had some decisions to make. Firstly as I decided to have the company badges and rings sculpted on I had deviated from the original artwork a bit. I thought I would need to do the rings a solid gold as it was raised but after doing that I wasn't so sure. I thought I had nothing to lose so did a flaky gold leaf style like the original artwork. I think it works so much better so kept it.

The metal looking ring that runs around the entire circle isn't on the original artwork so I need to make a decision on that. I'm thinking Gold, Silver (Iron) or Bronze.

So I've done a sample of all three so you guys can please help me pick what to do...

Gold:

img_20200417_140329.jpg

Silver:

img_20200417_140342.jpg

Bronze:

img_20200417_140335.jpg?w=768

What do you guys think?

Also ArtistsEmpire did another 'paint over' on procreate of one of my Wolf Lord photos. Thought you guys might appreciate this...

img_20200415_113348.jpg

Let me know what you think about the metal ring, Gold, Silver or Bronze or another idea.

I like the bronze color with the stone but agree you probably shouldn’t have both the bronze and gold. Maybe tone it down a bit with some wash to blend with the stone? Might as well wait to see what the rest looks like though.

I really like the Stylized marble and molten look of the 13th slab!

• 2 weeks later...

@ Bjorn Firewalker

Cheers mate. Been wanting to do this for years, seemed like a good time to put the effort in.

@ Oshikai

Thanks mate. Was thinking bronze too but went gold in the end. Hopefully it's come out alright.

@ HvitrValdyr

Thanks for voting, surprised myself and went gold, hopefully it's still good.

@ NightHowler

Cheers buddy!

@ Bryan Blaire

Thanks for the advice, I took it!

@ GrFlur

Cheers, went gold.

@ Judd Cottrell

Another for Gold. Thank you, hope you also like the finished one.

@ PeteySodes

Thanks for the great advice, really thought Id try bronze like that but went gold in the end. Did that ring as the last thing so could see the rest altogether before deciding. Pretty happy with that 13th slab myself.

It is done...

img_20200428_230125.jpg

img_20200428_230244.jpg?w=1024

Here's the original art again for comparison.

grand_annulus_colour3-1.png?w=732

Man, the more I look at it the more I see how much attention to detail you put into it.

You even matched the specific type of anchor points for removing each company’s specific stone.

Bravo dude. I love attention to detail.

Can’t say enough good things.