KDC's Space Wolves - Grand Annulus Finished!

Krakendoomcool

@ GrFlur

Thank you buddy! I have joked I could do a really really big blue stuff mould of the whole thing. Hopefully I've put enough detail so you can follow along if anyone wants to give it a go. The company badges were drawn and 3D printed by my friend (Warbringer) he said he would put them on Thingiverse if anyone was interested.

@ Vassakov

Thank you very much! The Warhammer Community team have seen this and the lords. I don't know if anyone watches the hobby round up on Warhammer TV but the Grand Annulus was on there a couple days ago. It's all new to me I must say.

@ Rune Priest Jbickb

Thank you! Really glad it came off. Been trying to do this for years!

@ Papeu

Cheers!

@ QuarterPounder

Thank you, must admit was a little nervous I would ruin it with paint but the momentum of the whole project just seemed to carry me past any issues I had with modelling or painting.

@ NightHowler

Hahaha. I have felt like that so many times when I see stuff others have done that I like! Great spot on the anchor points, you're the first to mention those. I can't remember what I was doing, waiting for something to dry. I saw them and was like ok lets start making them then... while I wait.

@ Kassill

Thank you so much!

@ HvitrValdyr

Thank you! A lot of work for terrain though right? Ha!

@ Bryan Blaire

Thank you mate. Thanks for following along.

@ PeteySodes

Thank you mate! Ha, take some of your own medicine! I've felt exactly this way so many times looking at projects (yours very much included).

@ Wispy

Haha. Thank you mate. Giant blue stuff mould for the gentleman?

@ mactire

Thank you brother. Got some really lucky breaks with the Ray Dranfield sculpt of the Sigmarite Dias. Hopefully there is enough detail in my posts to follow along.

@ TiguriusX

Oh cheers buddy!

Right! There was a more recent artwork that helped shape the Grand Annulus model so I'll put it here again for reference...

0f00ddf0.jpg?w=1000

Looks to me like the Wolf Lords are all having a meeting on the Grand Annulus itself. Used this as inspiraion as well as the birds eye shot. Presumably this is right before the Wrath of Magnus event.

As I've got the models I really couldn't resist giving this a quick go and setting it up...

img_20200501_140409.jpg?w=1024

Now is this the end of this project or will it continue on and on? Getting that Sigmarite Dias was really the piece that kicked this all off for real. So we'll see if anything happens with a winged wolf statue (!) and this thing continues!

• 1 month later...

@ Boytoy

Thank you so much. You've been there from the start. Sorry for the late reply.

I've had a reread of the law recently. Here is the Seawolves extract:

screenshot_20200606_141141.jpg?w=1024

So I've done a quick repaint of Engir Krakendoom.

img_20200606_142033.jpg

img_20200606_142014.jpg

Feel like this is a better representation. Intend to do more Seawolves in the future.