+++Grey Knights Outpost+++

Captain Semper

I, Skinomyteeth, rise to the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux for the glory of the Grey Knights. I do vow to complete the following vow (658pts total) before August 1st, 2018. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the “Badge of the Oathbreaker” until the end of the year.

Kaldor 240 Voldus 190 Crowe 125 Apothecary w hammer 103

Here are my leaders! I love converting:

• Here Kaldor is about to take a hit on his shield and ripost/slice back under his shield - I used an old metal terminator arm
  • Voldus, made him carry his hammer; changed the top of his armour and helm
  • Crowe - got the metal body from ebay and built the sword and arm from the plastic kit
  • Apothecary - wanted him look like he's about to rock out his hammer - I change most of my hammers to the end of the dark angel's corvus hammers

​Ok. Now I am going to have to paint them... :facepalm:

gallery_98673_13490_591883.jpg

First vow update on the strikes: now based in codex grey. Trying to zenithal spray using an airbrush, so the next step is the scary 'make or break' one where I'll apply a 1:7 codex grey:white mix. May actually also do an intermediary 1:1 coat frist.

Final step will be a shading and the blue warp-sharged lettering on the armour.

Joukernaut - how's it going your end? I'm going away for the weekend, which is annoying, as I wanted to stay and paint...

gallery_98673_13490_488755.jpg

Hey Skin, just to let you know, you may not have two vows outstanding... You must first complete the first and then move on to the second. As such I'm not registering the second one yet. Please don't work on it until the fist vow is done. :)

Ok. Small update on my four squads. I am attempting Zenithal highlighting using an airbrush and it is turning out much better than my test models, and than I could have possibly expected.

Here are the steps I have taken. Any advice/ feedback is very welcome. This is first time I am using the airbrush and this approach. Got to say, I am starting to love the airbrush but it has taken a while (read 'lot of frustration'), to get used to it and understand how it works.

Codex grey basecoat over black prime

gallery_98673_13490_488755.jpg

Step 1 of the Zenithal highlighting

gallery_98673_13490_145600.jpg

Step 2 - this is super scary step; self discipline is key... so easy to try and coat the model.

gallery_98673_13490_138411.jpg

Step 3 - this one was easier as you are just spraying overhead

gallery_98673_13490_46400.jpg

Now for the swords - painted white

gallery_98673_13490_245691.jpg

The contrast of the white sword makes a big difference and really pimps up the knight

gallery_98673_13490_47611.jpg

Super happy with these - it's gone really well. Now I'm worried I am going to balls-up the shading...

gallery_98673_13490_149968.jpg

The bases are going to be red. I'll be using the Martian Earthcrust.

Thanks for looking! :)

Thank you very much Captain Semper.

Now all the guys have their swords painted. This took quite a few layers of paint but it paid-off as they look like they are glowing white!

Next will be the shading and warp-charged white/blue lettering on the breast plates - time for some really painting! :)

gallery_98673_13490_294256.jpg

Well, diving in the details is the real fun. But the use of the airbrush achieves a blending quality that cannot be resembled by mortals with a common brush... 

They look awesome man!

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Awesome work there Skinonmyteeth, keep it up

Way ahead of me.

Unfortunately real life is still taking up most of my painting time, as is a warboss on warbike bitbash for ablokal tournament this saturday.

So far I’ve drubrushed two layers on all the shiny silver armour. Still one pass with necron compound to go along with some blie glazing before the power armour is done.

I’m hoping to get to it next week and post an update.

A bit earlier than usual - I will not have the time to update later today...

THIS IS THE CUT-OFF FOR THE WEEKLY UPDATE - EVERY VOW OR COMPLETION REPORTED BEYOND THIS POINT WILL COUNT FOR NEXT WEEK'S UPDATE.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Archived