Kill team ideas

So obviously we don't know exactly how things are priced points wise, or exactly what options are going to be available, but I thought it would be cool to spit ball some ideas for some of the killteams we've got planned. I wanna do a Salamanders killteam, with either a tactical Sgt with plasma pistol and thunder hammer or or intercessor Sgt with power sword and bolt pistol (primaris Lt from Dark Imperium), two tactical gunners, one with flamer, other with melta gun, and then either rievers or intercessors to make up the remaining bodies, however many that may be. What killteams do y'all plan on building and playing with?

At the very least, I'll be assembling an Adeptus Astartes kill team of the Legio B&C. This will be my main kill team and I'll eventually cover all of the bases with regard to models/options.

I'll probably also assemble an Adepta Sororitas kill team (proxied as an Adeptus Astartes kill team until GW gives us official Adepta Sororitas kill team rules).

Later on down the road, I'll likely assemble kill teams from each of the factions for which I have models (Grey Knights, Deathwatch, Eldar, Harlequins, Dark Eldar, Orks, Necrons, Tyranids, Chaos Space Marines, Cadians). I also have some Nurgle and Khorne daemons and Inquisition models waiting for official rules.

I'll be creating a Red Corsairs raiding party, and possibly a Chaos Cult as well. Being able to take a Cultist Champion as a Kill Team leader is fantastic.

My first Kill Team will be a Preatorian Imperial Guard Kill Team. I have the idea of having them as remnants of their regiment which was destroyed fighting during the Fall of Cadia - a ragtag squad who come across a couple of Kasrkin and a Cadian sniper (as I have the minis :tongue.:) whilst fighting Word Bearers. 

I also want to do a Deathwatch Killteam and Death Guard Killteam.

I gotta make two. One is going to be a Elysian special ops Kill team. Just too cool not too.

The second is going to be a Tau Kill team. As soon as I read you could take Stealth suits I knew I had to have it.

Very pumped for Kill team!!!

Krash

Definite things I want to do are a World Eaters and Black Legion Kill team. Going to be making more Betrayer41-mark Berzerkers for the World Eaters. Going to use Gal Vorbak and Primaris(corrupt them up to make big looking marines) to build my Black Legion. I want a Luperci-looking squad after nicking Ashenwyte & AHorriblePerson's idea :smile.:

Then I want to try making an Eldar Corsairs team. Teeter-tottering on which elder race to use.

And realizing I still have some Sisters of Battle minis left I may borrow Brother Tyler's idea of an Adepta Sororita team.

Lots of ideas! :D

If the troop choices get expanded then I’d love to do DE scourges, but for the moment:

Mentor Legion scouts, perhaps lead by a marine.

My Slaangor as Chaos cultists.

Orks from various clans...or all Snakebites.

I need some Necron models for trophies for my Ork army actually so perhaps with the leftovers I could put together a Necron KT. I’ve always wanted to convert some Necrons.

I've been trying to think of special themes for each of the factions:

Astra Militarum - kit-bash Skitarii Vanguard helms with Cadian + backpacks for 1st World War soldiers.  Team leader has a whistle.  OVER THE TOP, LADS!

Crimson Fists + Primaris - the Crimson Fists, who held the line for 7 editions, are not impressed with their Primaris brethren.  Won't let them paint their hands red.

Tau w/ Human Auxiliaries - Tau Fire Warriors in the back with their railguns, but all the Breachers are like humans they send in as cannon fodder.

Ex-Imperial Guard Beastmen - Beastmen used to be usable in Imperial Guard, 1st and early 2nd ed.  Would run them as Tzangors.  Still awaiting KSon faction focus.

I'm really digging your ideas like Crimson Corsairs with just a cultist leader and Elysian Drop Troops.  Basically, I've had this urge to convert an entire project with a unique look ever since they showed us those custom Imperial Guard Regiments, like the Ventrillian Nobles.  Kill Team is the best place to do this due to few figures needed.

My first Kill team is going to be drawn from my existing Ultramarines Sternguard veterean squad (used as tacticals) for a Sergeant with Power Sword, a Gunner with a Plasma Gun, and another Gunnier with a heavy bolter. I orignally built them up for the old version of Kill team but they never saw any action so this is thr perfect chance for me to use them.

Other kill teams I’d like to build are a 30K Blackshield kill team using the chaos rules, built similar to my Ultras kill team but a few of them are going to get chainaxes (used as chainswords) for a bit of CCW goodness.

I’d also like to pick up some of the old kasrkin on ebay to use as a scions kill team. I’ve always wanted an army of kasrkin but missed out on the chance to get them when GE still sold them and they are now a bit too pricey on ebay to field an army of them at roughly £50 a squad that I’ve seen them go for.

I'm thinking Exorcists Astartes kill team. Or maybe deathwatch with an Exorcists member. Now that I say it out loud, probably deathwatch. It's the perfect excuse to model and convert all those chapters I have ideas for but don't want to do full 40k armies or even full kill teams for. Converting is my favorite part of the hobby.

Can't wait for Inquisition or rogue traders.

My first two Kill Teams will be a Genestealer Cult one (WIP name is "The Arm That Punishes" as a reference to the four-armed deity they revere) and a B&C Legio Kill Team based on the Deathwatch rules and/or the Adeptus Astartes rules.

I've been thinking of picking Genestealer Cults and making a count-as Kill Team, that would represent lowly miners rebelling against their cruel overlords. Most of it would be based on simply the Neophytes, but I think suitable count-as could be made to represent especially the Aberrant but perhaps also the other choices in the team. I am already thinking about a conversion of a Bullgryn and perhaps the classic Lord of Plagues.
I think the main thing that needs to be fixed with the Neophytes are simply other heads, or at least that's what I'm hoping I can get away with. I have already collected some gasmask heads from the Ruststalker kit, and have other non-masked heads from various kits lying around too.

I wrote a little fluff to set the stage for the team. I would put it in a spoiler-tag, but I don't know how to, unfortunately. So apologies for the wall of text. :-)

----

Rustbelt Rebellion

Planetary Governor Olito Faustinius is in charge of Malkov V, a red planet wholly embroiled in devastating mining operations. Faustinius is a man who saw little value in weak men of flesh and bone, and vastly prefer augmented servitors, that do not demand food or water, nor complain about working themselves to their own destruction. It was by legions of servitors that Faustinius kept up with the Imperial tithe that was demanded of the mining operation on the planet.
To increase efficiency of extraction of the metalliods beneath the surface of Malkov V, Faustinius enacted a law that decreed the punishment for every major crime was enthrallment to the servitor workforce. This law was ruthlessly enforced, for the need for more and more servitors to the mining operation was desired. Soon millions of workers living in shanty towns along the red dust-ridden equator of the planet, was working next to a servitor constructed from their now mindless husk of a relative, friend or loved one.
It was this rising occurance that eventually paved the way to what is now refered to as the Rustbelt rebellion.

If there was anyone that could be deemed the leader of this anarchic uprising, it would be the man known only as The Mechanic. He fans the flames of rebellion in the hearts and minds of all the miners at the duridiom mines across the planet. He talks to them, as one of them, reminding them how many mothers have lost sons and wives that have lost husbands to the cruel fate of the "durasteel coating". The "durasteel coating" is an affliction that slowly but surely coats the lungs with duridiom dust and prevents the the lungs from functioning, leading to a slow choking deaths.
But the durasteel coating is only one amongst many dangers for the miners of Malkov V, as the draconian laws that treats the miners as slaved animals, working them to death and even then sometimes recycling them into servitors, seems all but inevitable. New and untold laws that have but one punishment - Induction to the ranks of the servitors continues to be made. Most families have one or more members that have been turned into a servitor, and the pain that goes through a family member when they see their former father, son or uncle, now working as a mindless metallic slave, continues to fuel the fire of the Rustbelt Rebellion.

The Mechanic has gained even more reknown across Malkov V, as he managed to rescue a "spent" ogryn servitor from being recycled into raw materials. The ogryn servitor was carefully reconstructed and infused with a basic, but erractic form of selfawareness. In the proces of reconstruction, the Mechanic turned the mining tools of the servitor into basic but lethal weapons to defend itself and most likely also the Mechanic. After the reconstruction The Mechanic decided to strip the ogryn of his servitor number, and instead give him a proper name. It is now called Goliath, and the ogryn has in some ways become a symbol of rising revolt.
Word has spread of Goliath and the merciful deed of the Mechanic, and when news of this reconstruction reached the Govenors mechanicum engiseer, he declared the reconstruction a heresy, as mechanical intelligence could only come from a machine spirit, and only the Mechanicum knows how to appease the machine spirit. Thus the ogryn servitor was branded an abomination and an afront to the Omnisiah.
Whispers amongst the stationed Eccliciarch tells of a taint of Chaos upon this rebellion. Whether these rumours are true, or it is merely another piece of propaganda against the popular uprising has yet to be seen.
One thing is certain that what was simply another disturbance in the shanty towns of the equator mines, have now gained the attention of several of the planetary governors top officials. Especially after the latest news that some of the weapon storage facitlities of the PDF have been raided by bands of rebels.

Does anyone think the Inquisition will get a look in on this game? I can't help but feel this'd be perfect for characters like Eisenhorn to be played. If so I'd love to make a Ravenor and his band of misfits kill team too.

Curious about the options for tzaaangors, tzeentchian relic hunters has some interesting modeling potential. I’ve got a box of them, as well as the ones from Silver tower. Maybe take the whip from the Escher dangers and do an Indiana Jones leader. Maybe mix more Escher bits in.

Otherwise I’ve got a plethora of chaos stuff and 30k marines to mess around with. Could make some loyalists for once. I’m intruiged by the idea of mixing keywords in narrative play(this is all basically just modeling inspiration for me anyway).

I'm still at the mind blown level for possibilities with this. :D

My first team is penitent marines from the Raven Guard and their Successors, second maybe tau made up from auxilary races, third ship crew using guard rules, heretic marine leading a cultist force, options just go on and on. I could see myself just going into gw and buying a box of every infantry option if I am not careful.

I'll definitely be doing a Necron Kill Team and a Tempestus Scions Kill Team. Which one comes first will depend on a lot of real life factors - but I already own all the unbuilt models for both, so that's where I'm starting.

If I could do a deathwatch kill team with a Primaris using a heavy bolter or frag cannon...I'd make Noble Team from Halo Reach.

As it is...I might make Blue Team (Primaris) and Fireteam Osiris (regular marines) from Halo 5.

I already have Noble Team modeled, I just need a Primaris for Jorge.

I'm going to make a primaris (prefer the models) killteam,

A team of former deathwatch marines who've completed their deathwatch tour of duty and were on their way back to a central hub from where each of them would go their separate ways to return to their respective chapters when misfortune struck. Their ship was sabotaged by forces of evil and crashed into a nearby planet, being the only survivors of the crash unaffected by chaos they decided to once more work together in order to survive. With no way to communicate with the outside world the Imperium believed these marines have committed heresy and were responsible for the sabotage. Being hunted for a crime they didn't commit these men escaped to the dark underworlds on the edges of the Imperium. Today still wanted by the Imperium they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them... maybe you can hire Kill Team Alpha.

The idea for their color scheme is them all wearing their original chapters armor save for their deathwatch inquisitor pauldron. I'll wait with fleshing them out until I get the rulebook but I've got the name for one guy done already; Laurence "Blood Angel" Baracus, aka Mr.B.

Archived