Kill team ideas

I'll be creating a Death Guard Kill Team led by this guy:

x2VAOGrl.jpg

It will consist of various outcasts from the Legion plus I'm contemplating adding a Black Legionnaire that has fallen to Nurgle. There will be little if any Legion iconography as it's all been ritualistically scoured from their plate (either by the Legion itself or the individual). I guess they'll be something of a Nurgle Black Shields force. I'll be creating the rest of them out of Gal Vorbak or Anakatis Blade Slaves like the big guy up there.

I've been mulling around a few ideas. 

PSI-88

A black-ops Skitarii team tasked with retrieving technology that my Magos isn't supposed to have.

There are several darker paint schemes that I've wanted to play around with for Skitarii, and this is obviously the perfect opportunity to play around with them. I'm thinking a very dark and grungy, almost Blanche-esque thing for the robes and armor, heavily contrasted by bright eyelamps and such. 

The Void Wolves

Chaos Space Wolves. No real ideas beyond that.

The Broken Order

Fallen. Play them as either Chaos or Imperial Astartes, not sure which. 

Aside from my other hopes and dreams I am thinking of making Knight Errants via Grey Knights.

Build and model them up in their 30K glory but use their future organizations rules for Kill Team.

I'm wondering what the background could be that each member is a psyker.

I'll be creating a Death Guard Kill Team led by this guy:

x2VAOGrl.jpg

It will consist of various outcasts from the Legion plus I'm contemplating adding a Black Legionnaire that has fallen to Nurgle. There will be little if any Legion iconography as it's all been ritualistically scoured from their plate (either by the Legion itself or the individual). I guess they'll be something of a Nurgle Black Shields force. I'll be creating the rest of them out of Gal Vorbak or Anakatis Blade Slaves like the big guy up there.

That guy is so cool. Stop giving me ideas for Nurgle Chaos Lords/Kill Team leaders :lol:

As for what I'm planning:

Deathwatch or Death Guard. Unsure exactly of what each one will be, but the Death Guard will definitely be more CQC/Assault oriented. The 22x30 area is definitely in the Death Guard's playground.

WHOA so glad i found this thread!!

1:So im obviously going to have a WE killteam ready to go this weekend

2: Have some scion bits as well as anvil bits coming in for a spec ops AM kill team

3:BL Kill team based of the Black legion Novels. I have Khayon built ready to go. Lheorvine is close and PA abaddon bits are on their way.

I already have like half a dozen ideas for a T'au Kill Team. There are just so many themes and combinations one can make a team of with what's available. Also finally another reason to get my arse up and paint my Stealth Suits to the standard I always wanted lol

I had an idea for a Primaris Chapter for some time now. Officially they are a White Scars Successor, but something is weird about them, as they seem to have way to much Reivers and love to use Terror Tactics. I call them the Night Scars.

Or a small Dark Eldar Pirate Band. Or a Cult of Chaos, supported (not led) by Marines.

I’m splitting the box with my wife - genestealer cult for me, Ad Mech for her. This is partly because she prefers the vaguely human mechanicus to the evil alien stealers, and partly (mostly) because I still dream of having all the options available for the classic Space Hulk and expansions - I’ve managed it for the terminators (multiple librarians aside), and now I’m thinking it’s the turn of the stealers...

I'll probably also assemble an Adepta Sororitas kill team (proxied as an Adeptus Astartes kill team until GW gives us official Adepta Sororitas kill team rules).

Heresy, sir! Heresy! :lol:

But, in all seriousness. I still have the Tau models on sprues from the last edition :lol: so maybe them. That or I'll do a Drukhari group. I have a lot of metal Aeldari models from my currently abandoned Biel Tan army, so who knows? I'll see which one appeals the most.

I am hankering on doing a Freebootaz or Evil Sunz Kill Team as well...

I really hope GW makes a Kroot Kill Team soon so we can have a proper Alien vs Predator scenario. :P

In the meantime I'll think about whether I want to write house rules for Kroot or just use the rules from another Kill Team .... Tzaangors maybe. :whistling:

I’ve further fleshed out a little of the concept for my Sallies killteam. They’re going to be a recon team sent out by Tu’Shan after being petioned by Vulcan He’stan, to try and scout out leads regarding the missing relics of Primarch Vulcan, and send back intel to the chapter so a larger force can can be deployed to acquire them if the necessity arises.

I want to do something cool with my Reivers.  I'm not really big on their models or how they play in 40k so this is a chance to (maybe) make them cool.  Also looking forward to playing a pure genestealer team and put my Spacehulk models to work. 

Related to SG-1, there are some Marine style helmets through a third party that resemble Jaffa warrior helms. Not sure if that would suit :)

Forgot which company makes or made them though :(

I've had two ideas for killteam that I'm not sure how to model:

SG1-Stormies

NOBLE Team-Deathwatch

Unsure for SG1, but Team NOBLE from Halo: Reach?

• Commander Carter-A259 (Noble One): Sergeant, Stalker-pattern Boltgun, Specialization: Leader (Likely chapter: Ultramarines)
  • Lieutenant Commander Catherine-B320 (Noble Two): Veteran, Boltgun, Specialization: Comms (likely chapter: Blood Ravens)
  • Warrant Officer Jun-A266 (Noble Three): Veteran, Stalker-pattern Boltgun (ikely chapter: White Scars)
  • Warrant Officer Emile-A239 (Noble Four): Veteran, Deathwatch Shotgun, Specialization: Demolitions (likely chapter: Black Templars)
  • Chief Warrant Officer Jorge-052 (Noble Five): Gunner, Infernus-pattern Heavy Bolter, Specialization: Heavy (likely chapter: Salamanders)
  • Lieutenant SPARTAN-B312 (Noble Six): Blackshield

MJ figures and GZG both did Stargate in 15mm.

Puppetswar does Halo-style Space Marine heads.

I am thinking of truescaling a Rogue Trader-style killteam of old-school criminal marines

This is finally a way to build forces for all the stuff in my head without needing an entire army!

So it's

Drukhari Raiding Party

Red Corsairs ( all Badab War Veterans )

Alpha Legion Black Ops ( either Team 7 or WildC.A.T.s tribute)

Killteams for my Legion Wars Black Crusade campaign (everything but BL since they do not really exist yet)

Mechanicum killteam tie in to my Adeptus Titanicus force

Void Skaven

Also... has anyone considered Republic Commando tributes yet?

Anvil do most parts for SG1, loadvest torsos, fatigue legs, p90s. For heads I was thinking balaclava or watch cap but they only really look like tealc. There's also no female parts, so no Carter atm.

I had a look at puppets war, their ranger heads resemble ODSTs but I didn't find anything like Mjolnir

Archived