Primaris Units/ vehicles, wishtheory list

Triszin

I think they're trying to avoid just making bigger versions of already existing units, so I think "Primaris terminator" is about as unlikely as "nonprimaris gravis".

Marneus Calgar's on the phone and would like to speak to you.

(Though in fairness, your point still stands.)

Gravis armour is not Terminator armour

I've heard many saying it is on forums

So Terminator armour at correct size would be great to match Primaris armour

A Terminator should have 3 wounds to make them harder to take down

I agree.

I think grabis armor is a halfway step to Terminator.

And that tells me primaris Terminator will be a step beyond Terminator armor.

Which makes me think, that could mean those suits have miniature void shields

I'm not sure how that would lead you to "miniature void shields", that seems like quite a leap in logic. I also think that gravis is supposed to be the Primaris analog to terminator armor, as it is heavier without duplicating the same function of old marine armor.

I think that we can probably agree that some kind of fast insertion weapons platform -- whether that be new forms of bikes, speeders, or something else -- is probably inevitable. With that in mind, while I don't think it'll happen, I think it would be interesting if they make some kind of chariot version of whatever it is to carry characters. Just a one man transport with enough space physically on it to put a single 32mm/40mm bases character on it with rules allowing them to attack out of it. That will help avoid the whole "bike character" issue without having to release a "bike" version of each character separately.

My thoughts on what I'd like to see for Primaris marines are pretty simple. I want to fill out the structure of a battle company, and I want to do it in a way that fits with how I see the Imperial Fists preferring to operate. I'd also like to see some important niches filled.

One of the big things I'd like to see, like most people here, is an assault unit. Personally, I want the next to be an adequate replacement for assault marines on foot which still manages to be a bit different. I'm thinking a unit in Mark X armor (or a minor variant, no more different than what Reivers have) with big, two-handed chainswords. These weapons would have two profiles, one with better strength and AP, and one which strikes at the wielder's strength with no AP but making two attack rolls per attack on the profile, like what the Death Guard flail does. Maybe tack on a wrist-mounted grenade launcher or pistol. This would be more of a dedicated assault unit than Reivers are. If possible, this could come with the option to take chainswords and a repulsor shield of some kind instead.

I'd also like to see a proper heavy weapons squad. In terms of appearance, I wouldn't want to see a Mark X armor variant much more visually specialized than what the current Devastator kit has. So maybe some extra plating and recoil compensation, but that's about it. As armament goes, so far it looks like Onslaught gatling cannon variants are acting as a Primaris heavy anti-infantry weapon, so I'd like to see a rotary cannon along those lines as a heavy bolter equivalent. I'd also want a heavy anti-tank gun like a lascannon. In general though, this unit should be a long-ranged, fairly stationary unit, filling the same general role as a Devastator squad.

Like a lot of previous commentors, I'd like to see a Rhino-equivalent dedicated transport, filling an APC role. Something light and fairly bare-bones.

I'd also like to see a proper battle tank. The way I see this kit working is choosing between a turret and a hull-mounted big gun. The turret's gun options might include a big plasma gun and some sort of battle cannon, and the turreted tank would have some strong options for hull-mounted guns as well. Sponsons are too WWI for me to think they fit Primaris marines well. The variant with the single hull-mounted gun would have either a siege cannon to make a Vindicator equivalent or a big anti-tank gun for a dedicated tank destroyer. This vehicle would be on a modified Repulsor hull, functioning as an upgunned version of that tank without the transport capacity and pushing it into a sort of heavy IFV role.

I'd also like to see a Company Veterans unit. In terms of profile, it would just get +1 attack and +1 leadership over your basic Primaris marine. The unit itself would be insanely flexible, with options for most power weapons, bolt rifles, and special weapons alike, maybe with some special wargear as well. The models would be basic Mark X Tacticus armored Primaris marines with some extra Veteran bling on each model, especially the Veteran Sergeant. The kit itself wouldn't have more than 5 marines in it, filling sprue space with weapons and equipment to reach the same price point as the ten-man Intercessors box. But things like Primaris-scale meltaguns, flamers, and regular plasma guns would be in there.

Finally, I'd like to see Primaris techmarines and Company Champions.

Now that it's official that space marines can be upgraded to Primaris, I sure hope that we can see some kits that allow us to show that more on our miniatures.

I would kill for Primaris heads that look like converted mark 7 helms... Or even a few coverted mark 6 helms. Maybe some banded looking grieves or alternate knee pads. Just so we could sprinkle in a little more of that older look.

I love Mark X armor especially the helmets... But nothing, and I mean nothing looks as cool as the mark 7 helmets. Call it Mark IX conversion kits. Throw in some bolt rifles that look like converted boltguns, snubby and classic looking but with the mag well/receiver group of bolt rifles and a extended barrel.

It would be a perfect place to throw in generic power fists and chain/power swords too... Hint hint GW!

I'd like another heavy choice to go with a a melee Inceptor unit. The heavy would have a unique Primaris anti-tank weapon (Aggressors and Inceptors have anti-horde well covered in my opinion) Using the Aggressor armor would make three man unit of Thermal Spears

I theorize the following if the rumor is true that Vigilus will be defended by a combo of Ultramarines + Imperial Fists

Primaris Wardens unit - 3-6 man unit of Gravis armor armed with Storm Shields and an Assault Bolter. Any model in the unit may replace their Assault Bolter a Auto Boltstorm Gauntlet or the Power fist/Melta combo deathwatch have. 2 models in the unit can replace their assault bolter with a plasma exterminator, onslaught gatling cannon, or las-talon.

Primaris Stoneburners - 5 to 10 man unit in MkX armor armed with Melta projecters, which can be fired in a Dispersed (Heavy Flamer profile), Normal (Range 24", Heavy 2. S 6, AP -2, D 2, Excess damage from this weapon is not lost; instead, keep allocating damage to another model in the target unit until either all the damage has been allocated or the unit has been destroyed.), and Focused (Multi-Melta profile). 

Primaris Crusader Squad - First mixed Astartes and Primaris unit, can have 5-10 initiates and 0-10 Primaris Initiates. Primaris Initiates can either carry Chainswords or Auto Bolt Rifles with one in 5 taking auto grenade launcher, Initiates are exactly as old Crusader squad. 

My biggest wish, and the one to get me 95% there would be getting primaris grey hunters and blood claws. Those non codex squad designations to me make space wolves who they are and without them I might as well play them as something else.

My biggest wish, and the one to get me 95% there would be getting primaris grey hunters and blood claws. Those non codex squad designations to me make space wolves who they are and without them I might as well play them as something else.

i'm modeling my new bloodclaws with primaris and wulfen parts. so I agree with ya

I retract my thoughts on a melee Inceptor unit. It’s toneasy to fall back into old habits and play styles. I’d like Primaris to continue to force me to innovate my thoughts tactically. That said I’d still like a Grav-Rhino type transport with a single Gatling Gun. Intercessors and Hellblasters using them to move around to objectives and thermal cannon Aggressors filling the role of Primaris Devestator

I weirdly agree with Ishagu, I don't want a primaris drop pod. Just give them access to the dreadnought one, that should fit ten primaris.

I'd like a melta weapon on Inceptors, or melee weapons for anti tank and anti horde on them. I'd like chainswords on Intercessors, with a vet squad with power weapons. Reivers should have -1 AP, and I'd be happy. Give Hellblasters a S9 Ap-3 D6 weapon. A dakkaplane, a heavy hitting melee gravis unit, and versions of every armor for every HQ: Reiver, Gravis, Inceptor, MkX on my Chaplain, Captain, Librarian, and Apothecary

I retract my thoughts on a melee Inceptor unit. It’s toneasy to fall back into old habits and play styles. I’d like Primaris to continue to force me to innovate my thoughts tactically. That said I’d still like a Grav-Rhino type transport with a single Gatling Gun. Intercessors and Hellblasters using them to move around to objectives and thermal cannon Aggressors filling the role of Primaris Devestator

If Inceptors were to get a melee option.

I would want them to be stuck with either Power lances, or Thermal lances. they would become dedicated heavy killers. if a mob gets em then they die, but they pop in, use their thermal lances to go through a enemy tank, or terminator unit, great! As i dont see a inceptor melee unit as being a unit that gets bogged down, they are supposed to be a hit an run style unit. ( that in my mind merges old marine bikes and jump jet assaulters )

something, like

Gravis INceptor stats

Thermal lance.

S x2, AP -3, Dam 2

THis model Gets +1 to hit on the charge, in addition, to hit rolls of unmodified 6 generate 1 mortal wound, in addition to normal damage, otherwise the lance has a -2 to hit penalty.

SS or Repulsor sheild.

I weirdly agree with Ishagu, I don't want a primaris drop pod. Just give them access to the dreadnought one, that should fit ten primaris.

I'd like a melta weapon on Inceptors, or melee weapons for anti tank and anti horde on them. I'd like chainswords on Intercessors, with a vet squad with power weapons. Reivers should have -1 AP, and I'd be happy. Give Hellblasters a S9 Ap-3 D6 weapon. A dakkaplane, a heavy hitting melee gravis unit, and versions of every armor for every HQ: Reiver, Gravis, Inceptor, MkX on my Chaplain, Captain, Librarian, and Apothecary

I think I want  "drop pod" but not in the old way.

I want it merged with a vehicle, Drop pod+ landspeeder, or Razor back.

something weirdly great.

I’d like to see chapter specific units, like hellblaster equivalents for chapters like IF, BA and Sllies, with alternate weapons like heavy bolters, frag cannons and heavy flamers/ multimeltas respectively, or some Primarisised variation of the weapons if they decide they don’t want to use classic marine weaponry.

Archived