Primaris Units/ vehicles, wishtheory list

Triszin

BTW, the Overlord has apparently been retconned in the "Spears of the Emperor" novel to be a Shooty transport a bit bigger than a Stormraven. This is clearly an indication of things to come. To add I've not read the book, this was pointed out to me by a friend, so it's second hand info.

Now that's interesting. I know that ADB wouldn't retcon something for no reason and usually does his research well to not make such mistakes so it probably really means something if true.

A flyer resembling the DW flyer but bigger and in Primaris style would be neat.

Re not putting units in the game that don't have good rules, that's a poor argument for model design. Rhinos have oscillated back and forth between must take and death trap since the game started so there's no reason to think that cheap transports won't make a comeback in 9th edition or whatever. I want a cheap transport because I like running mechanised armies and the repulsor is ungodly expensive. My view of space marines is that the focus should be on the infantry and vehicles should play second fiddle, so a transport whose role is "be cheap, drop infantry at destination, block fire lanes until explosions happen" so something cheap and disposable fits the bill just fine.

I think the faction can be a lot more dynamic than it is currently, and we shouldn't look at what's been done in the past too much as it might hold it back...

I get where you are going with this/coming from. But I think you are missing what COULD be done to the Rhino to make it attractive, even in this meta.

1) Halve its points cost 

2) Give it ObSec

3) Allow 2 models to shoot from the top hatch

Pick 2 of the 3 above, and the issue changes overnight, I am pretty sure. Same thing can be done for Drop Pods:

1) Halve its point cost

2) Allow First-Turn Deep Strike (Similiar Halved/Pod rules prior so it isn't a full Alpha) OR Spice up the disembark to allow closer than 9"

3) Obsec or an AoE/Damage Mechanic on landing

I don't think you want to just eschew the disposable transport mechanic of Space Marines for the sake of "progress", when that has been part of the army, thematically, for some time. I say this as a Raven Guard player, who finds Rhinos and Razorbacks utterly unattractive (from both Crunch and Fluff), and I would welcome teleportation/storm eagle insertion to be preferable.

Repulsor isn't that expensive. Sub 300 for a flying, T8 transport with more firepower than some entire armies?

Obviously "expenisve" is defined differently in Britannia, Holy Terra than in the US of A :wink:

100 ish = cheap transport

150 ish = cheap tank

200 ish = main battle tank or flyer . . . and not equipment generally associated with the idea of mechanized infantry :smile.:

Totally a personal opinion on the kind of cost I think most (obviously not all) of those of us who would like to field a Primaris Infantry focused army are hoping for in the . . . Whispercutter :blush.: 

(or give me back my original Strike from the Shadows rule, or Primarisize Lias Issadon in an Index Astartes)

:whistling: 

Edit: Allowing Marine vehicles Chapter Tactics would Rock the Rhino also ... just sayin'

I'll concede that the repulsor isn't massively overpriced but that doesn't change the fact that it would have the highest point cost any unit of any army I would include it in. Being priced properly doesn't make it not expensive.

The problem with expensive transports for Marines is that the infantry is also expensive. The Repulsor is costed just fine as is imo however Primaris cost a lot of points. A similar transport/battle tank for AM or AdMech would be much easier to fit into lists due how cheap their infantry is.

BTW, the Overlord has apparently been retconned in the "Spears of the Emperor" novel to be a Shooty transport a bit bigger than a Stormraven. This is clearly an indication of things to come. To add I've not read the book, this was pointed out to me by a friend, so it's second hand info.

Now that's interesting. I know that ADB wouldn't retcon something for no reason and usually does his research well to not make such mistakes so it probably really means something if true.

Not really.

The first Overlord that flies in drops of 20 Emperor's Spears, shoots a full volley of Plasma into some buildongs were rebels are hiding and then flies back into Orbit.

The second Overlord that flies in immediately after that drops of TWO Repulsor tanks and flies off again.

Not really.

The first Overlord that flies in drops of 20 Emperor's Spears, shoots a full volley of Plasma into some buildongs were rebels are hiding and then flies back into Orbit.

The second Overlord that flies in immediately after that drops of TWO Repulsor tanks and flies off again.

Ah well it was nice for as long as it lasted. :D

Well, I was just looking at aggressors and inceptors, and i don't see what the point of aggressors is. They have :cuss range but if they don't move they can shoot that :cuss range twice. Or you can use the mobile inceptor, which happens to have a stronger gun, and actually get to that :cuss range to shoot.

So I would like to see useful aggressors, but that's not a new unit, so let's say terminator equivalent, because the emperor knows that those are not he answer.

I would also like company champions. I love the idea behind it. The novel "legion of the damned" painted a good picture in my mind.

Anti tank personnel.

I'm not so sure they really need to rewrite the vehicle collection, but I bet they do. I like the repulsor, but there's more important things needed as opposed to a new whirlwind/vindicator hybrid.

Tech Marine.... I'm surprised this wasn't done with the initial wave.

New heros as opposed to the old ones being brought forward.

*puts on heavy-duty tinfoil hat*

Maybe the Overlord is where they have been going with the Plastic Thunderhawk memes all along?

Imagine the outrage when Primaris get a plastic not-Thunderhawk before regular Marines get a proper plastic Thunderhawk. :D

Well, I was just looking at aggressors and inceptors, and i don't see what the point of aggressors is. They have :censored: range but if they don't move they can shoot that :censored: range twice. Or you can use the mobile inceptor, which happens to have a stronger gun, and actually get to that :censored: range to shoot.

Uhm 18" is good enough for the most part and they deal more damage than Bolter Inceptors just by pure weight of fire. They're also better in melee thanks to powerfists.

The problem with expensive transports for Marines is that the infantry is also expensive. The Repulsor is costed just fine as is imo however Primaris cost a lot of points. A similar transport/battle tank for AM or AdMech would be much easier to fit into lists due how cheap their infantry is.

but if the transports provided a INvulnerable shield to marines within 3" of the hull would be a interesting thing to toy with.

would boost survivability until the tank is killed, and gives a cost/drawback, be close enough for the sheild, but that means your within the detonation

--------

also I like the sound of the retconned Overlord.

its a repulsor merged with the Corvus.

im gonna guess it'll be like the storm raven.

any dreadnaught, even redemptor + 10-16 transport size.

fly/hover

then a MAIN battle tank variant

/Repulsor plating

no transport

laser destroyer

Maybe the Overlord is where they have been going with the Plastic Thunderhawk memes all along?

Or that the Plastic thunderhawk is for adeptus titanicus.

a plastic thunderhawk!

IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND

Imagine the outrage when Primaris get a plastic not-Thunderhawk before regular Marines get a proper plastic Thunderhawk. :D

Well, I was just looking at aggressors and inceptors, and i don't see what the point of aggressors is. They have :cuss range but if they don't move they can shoot that :cuss range twice. Or you can use the mobile inceptor, which happens to have a stronger gun, and actually get to that :cuss range to shoot.

Uhm 18" is good enough for the most part and they deal more damage than Bolter Inceptors just by pure weight of fire. They're also better in melee thanks to powerfists.

The problem is it's only range 18, so they have to move to get there, and then they have to sit still to rapid fire. Otherwise it's the same number of shots as the inceptors. And because they are speed 5, they only have a 23 inch threat range. And they are probably getting charged after that.

Well, I was just looking at aggressors and inceptors, and i don't see what the point of aggressors is. They have :censored: range but if they don't move they can shoot that :censored: range twice. Or you can use the mobile inceptor, which happens to have a stronger gun, and actually get to that :censored: range to shoot.

The problem is it's only range 18, so they have to move to get there, and then they have to sit still to rapid fire. Otherwise it's the same number of shots as the inceptors. And because they are speed 5, they only have a 23 inch threat range. And they are probably getting charged after that.

Not quite true. Aggressors have 9.5 shots on average while Inceptors have only 6. Don't forget to add the Fragstorm grenade launcher. Also with a 23" threatrange you should easily get something in range to shoot at. Yes it puts them in range of potential counter charges but so are Inceptors when they want to shoot something. On the other hand Aggressors have the better overwatch and can actually defend themselves with their powerfists. It's also not like they are the only ones in that range. Pretty much every Marine unit wants to be within 12-15" to the enemy lines except for Devastators.

Am I missing something? They only get 3 Bolger shots and the D6 fragstorm?

You are missing that they are getting 6 Bolter shots and the 1d6 fragstorm lol

Autoboltstorm gauntlets are Assault 6.

Some stuff being plural and others figuring for the second weapon is a pain sometimes. Still doesn’t make sense to me they don’t get an extra melee attack for wielding two combat weapons :(

I feel Aggressors are best delivered in (preferably not a Repulsor) vehicle or utilized as ambushers - given a table has appropriate terrain - and if it doesn’t why is that? :)

Archived