Primaris Units/ vehicles, wishtheory list

Triszin

Primaris Suzerain. I'd start a new army just for them.

description? dunno what that is

Heresy era Ultramarine Honor Guard with special axes and storm shields.

Has me thinking though... I'd like to see some sort of Primaris breacher unit. Armor based off Mk3. All equipped with shotguns (maybe S4 Ap-1 Assault 2 16", +1 Strength half range?), with the option to take a melta bomb on the sarge and boarding shields for whole squad. Oh my...

Has me thinking though... I'd like to see some sort of Primaris breacher unit. Armor based off Mk3. All equipped with shotguns (maybe S4 Ap-1 Assault 2 16", +1 Strength half range?), with the option to take a melta bomb on the sarge and boarding shields for whole squad. Oh my...

I'm on board with that, except drop the shotgun and give them Primaris melta guns. With assault, rapid fire, heavy versions! Imagine having those guys in a Zone Mortalis game! The ultimate siege troops. Bunkers, walls, tanks... Oh my.

Primaris Suzerain would be so cool as well! Ugh I want Primaris Honor Guard!

I'm on board with that, except drop the shotgun and give them Primaris melta guns. With assault, rapid fire, heavy versions! Imagine having those guys in a Zone Mortalis game! The ultimate siege troops. Bunkers, walls, tanks... Oh my.

Primaris Suzerain would be so cool as well! Ugh I want Primaris Honor Guard!

Or give them volkite.

I want man portable onslaught cannons and Las talons for the cool factor.

I'd like to see a "heavyier support" indirect primaris unit.

Like, they have artillary and long range built into their suits, and their suits are designed to provide teh power/support to use them manportable.

Guest MistaGav

I was thinking a newer version of the Techmarine/thunderfire cannon. A small hovering platform a bit like the Rapier guns that can take a Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon/Macro Plasma Cannon/Las Talon.

I was thinking a newer version of the Techmarine/thunderfire cannon. A small hovering platform a bit like the Rapier guns that can take a Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon/Macro Plasma Cannon/Las Talon.

why not just integrate the thunderfire style armament into the techmarines armor?

….

I think some sort of rule that provides cover for units that are behind them would be in order.

Primaris have a legion feel to them, so units that make an army advancing on foot more viable are a must.

Guest MistaGav

why not just integrate the thunderfire style armament into the techmarines armor?

True but maybe the gun would be too big for even the techmarine to carry so it could fit onto a small hover platform instead.

If we're going to have squads of Primaris carrying Onslaught Gatling Cannons and Las Talons, I say go all the way and have Blood Angels Primaris carrying Frag Cannons and a Furioso variant of the Redemptor.

I know frag cannons carried by marines is the Deathwatch thing, but this is a wishlisting thread.

….

I think some sort of rule that provides cover for units that are behind them would be in order.

Primaris have a legion feel to them, so units that make an army advancing on foot more viable are a must.

I agree here. I'm just not sure if counts as in cover is the best way to make this happen, though. After all, they'd be worthless for those instances where that unit is already in cover. For planet bowling ball, they'd be great. But everywhere else you'd have to actively AVOID jumping in cover to get the benefit of the buff, which makes it situational most of the time, and actively harmful some of the time. 

But adding +1 to the save roll for units behind them? Would effectively work out to counting as 'in cover' for Primaris marines in the open against attrition fire (e.g. AP -). It would then help disproportionately more for Primaris marines facing  marine killing weapons, acting instead like an invuln but on a sliding scale that is reduced in effectiveness as the power of the weapon increases. 

As for DW Specific wishes? 

I want Aggressors and Inceptors to gain SIA. Hear me out. 

Right now DW Vets can carry Storm Bolters firing 4 shots each at 12'' of SIA Str 4, AP 0, 1 damage goodness for 200 pts. 

If we take a standard Intergressor squad (5 auto bolt rifle Intercessors, 5 Aggressors), you're looking at 290 points, with 40 total Str 4, AP 0, 1 damage shots where only 10 of them are SIA. You get another handful of dice to throw with the fragstorm. For the points, you could almost bring 15 Storm Bolter vets firing 60 SIA rounds. 

So alongside the inevitable points increase on the weapons, we'd land at about 300 points for a Primaris unit that can match the output of a similarly geared and costed Veteran squad. You'd gain some extra resilience with the majority T5 and 2 wounds each, but Veterans would still have superior wargear options, access to invuln saves, and cheaper access to a Battalion since equal points of Storm Bolter/Chainsword vets would be 15 bodies. 

Just some rambling wishes...

A primaris breacher unit would be awesome.

I was chatting to my local gw manager re. Terminators and we agree the iconic thing is the helmet. Any new terminator unit has to port something similar over.

I really, really want a dedicated cc unit.

Not necessarily Terminators - their cc is more suited to dealing with a single tough/elite model.

Some sort of power Armoured berserkers. 4 attacks each, a weapon with the profile +1 str, -1ap, 1 damage. A unit you can smash into a horde of Orks, Guardsmen, Nids, etc and put down 40+ attacks from just 10 guys.

When I heard you can get Dark Eldar Wyches with 5 attacks each at str 4, I really want something like that for us!

The unit can't be too expensive either. Cc units are played aggressive, suffer lots of attrition as they advance, etc. We need to be able to take multiples AND not gimp out lists in the process.

Heck, call them Indomnitus Crusaders lol

I too feel we need a dedicated assualt unit. I personally feel we need a Primaris Assault squad. Mark 10 armor and regular jump packs. This is another iconic look that needs to be brought in line with the Intercessors and Hellblasters. Something you can have a squad of 5 or 10 marines.

Chainswords are a must. It's criminal the Primaris for the most part didn't come with them initially. But to differentiate from Reivers (since they carry heavy pistols and combat knives) give them a version of hand flamers? Call them purifier squads?

Archived