Primaris Units/ vehicles, wishtheory list

Triszin

Apple has thought us that you shouldn't always listen to consumers lol

I remember when tiny phones with long battery life was all people wanted, then apple released a big phone with a short batter life and changed the landscape. Primaris should be the focus. Haters will hate, but eventually they'll accept them fully.

Pretty certain that's not what the words "accept" and "fully" mean, as conventionally that really doesn't describe the real world.

But if you mean it like "it will continue and many things that happen will steamroller onwards because feedback is poor and the will to accommodate the customer is even worse than you might imagine", then yes, full acceptance is already achieved.

These people in this thread must not know their own minds.

I literally don't know what kit could come out for regular marines that wouldn't involve lore retcon or some minor variation on existing units. There's already a dozen tanks, 3 different flyers, 4 terminator variants, etc

Prior to Primaris we were all dabbling with other armies because our collections were complete.

With Primaris we could have new hover bikes, crazy jetpack Terminators with energy spears or anything the studio can invent because the old restraints no longer apply. The regular line was tied to the past, thematically and in the lore, the glory days already behind them. The Primaris are free from this. It's why I'm fully on board with the new stuff.

Honestly, anything would be good. I hate this limbo.

GW claim Primaris are not to replace OGMarines, but then all releases and artwork feature primaris heavily.

I have stopped my Grey Talons and my BT, because I don't know which direction are we going with this. Do I buy those bikes and land speeders? do I wait another month for the eventual Primaris unit that will sorta do the same thing?

I don't want to spend money on a range that will not receive future support.

Have you seen the Templar prime marine bodies from kromlech? They look epic and would mix amazing with FW DA heresy helmets.

http://www.kromlech.eu/EN-H5/1/140/new-releaseprime-legionaries-bodies-tabards.html

I literally don't know what kit could come out for regular marines that wouldn't involve lore retcon or some minor variation on existing units. 

New up to date versions of older units that were designed before CAD and current laser cut mold technology, obviously. Like the tactical, assault and devastator kits have been redone in recent years.

Standard terminators and standard bikes need a modern update, this is what i want. 

Please no jetpack terminators with energy spears, good lord :lol:

I literally don't know what kit could come out for regular marines that wouldn't involve lore retcon or some minor variation on existing units. 

New up to date versions of older units that were designed before CAD and current laser cut mold technology, obviously. Like the tactical, assault and devastator kits have been redone in recent years.

Standard terminators and standard bikes need a modern update, this is what i want. 

Please no jetpack terminators with energy spears, good lord :laugh.:

I'm fairly sure there was some comment from a designer not that long ago (or it may have been a comment from an insider) that said the team are quite tired of redesigning the exact same units, which is another part of why primaris came about as much for that reason as anything else.

But I agree, assuming we do see updates to old kits, terminators, bikes and scouts could all badly use an update.

I am however personally in the camp that I'd rather see some new primaris units than just resculpts of units I already have a lot of.

Well if true, they have had the chance to do a huge amount of new units in the last few years, I really doubt they will be tired of doing the few remaining units that badly need a modern update by now. Particularly when some of them can be done using existing files with modifications.

They also seem to still be doing updates anyway, if rumours are true of future releases of units like Khorne Bezerkers and Chaos Space Marines.

IMO They should've just made Primaris models and say: well, marines now have 2W and 2A each, these are the new models, have fun.

This whole Primaris storyline is some weird and overly complicated way to justify new models and a new way to shape and organize SM armies. It's fine to change it GW! Phase out the old and bring in the new and have a new general SM statline and all would've been fine. Then make new marine vehicles more in line with primaris sized models and be done with it. 

This is just slowly dragging the bandaid off for oldmarine fans when it might have been better to just rip it off quick and fast. Besides, you can use the old models with new stats and everything. I guess that would've been a bit too ambitious though.

But yeah, whislisting: I want a cheap Primaris transport I guess. And more weapon options (esp. AT weapons, hellblasters are nice, but a bit so and so against heavy stuff).

I'd love to see some 'new' Terminator armour suits. (Call them Primaris, whatever.)

Basically:

- more interesting poses

- plausibly 'bigger' to be sensibly 'in line' with Primaris models

- more exotic or downright *fun* weapons (conversion beamers etc would be lovely)

- don't look like Centurions/Aggressors/Inceptors (I still find it difficult to take them seriously)

E.g. I'm not at all concerned with it being an exact replication of Terminators. A thematic successor. (Like Primaris are for SMs.)

(I'd like to see some Ophelian and/or Lunar Pattern Terminators for the Adepta Sororitas and Sisters of Silence, however. Apply all your desire for new power armoured models that direction, if you please!)

----

I'm totally up for exploiting the move to allow for a whole new range of new models. That's undeniably exciting.

But it's really not at all the same as 'everyone being happy with Primaris'.

But I'd also like to see it come full-circle too, with Hellblasters eventually having missile launchers and melta-cannons and man-portable las-talons. Like a normal devastator squad.

We're really just in the half-way house (limbo, I think someone said!) between some Primaris stuff coming out and lots of Primaris stuff. It'd be nice to fast-forward to see what comes next. And what's after that...

IMO They should've just made Primaris models and say: well, marines now have 2W and 2A each, these are the new models, have fun.

This whole Primaris storyline is some weird and overly complicated way to justify new models and a new way to shape and organize SM armies. It's fine to change it GW! Phase out the old and bring in the new and have a new general SM statline and all would've been fine. Then make new marine vehicles more in line with primaris sized models and be done with it.

This is just slowly dragging the bandaid off for oldmarine fans when it might have been better to just rip it off quick and fast. Besides, you can use the old models with new stats and everything. I guess that would've been a bit too ambitious though.

But yeah, whislisting: I want a cheap Primaris transport I guess. And more weapon options (esp. AT weapons, hellblasters are nice, but a bit so and so against heavy stuff).

People would react even worse to this. I remember a lot were angry about a base size change even though it was advantageous for Marines to be on bigger bases and no one was forced to do it.

People would react even worse to this. I remember a lot were angry about a base size change even though it was advantageous for Marines to be on bigger bases and no one was forced to do it.

larger bases are good and bad, it makes it easier to space them out which was great last ed but meaningless this time, but it also means more models can get into base contact!

In terms of reactions to primaris, i remember when the lieutenant from the box was leaked and quite a lot of people were in denial that it was even a legitimate model. I think no matter what GW did, they would have annoyed a chunk of people, and had others be happy. I liked the model from the moment I saw the leak, so I was sold on them.

That being said, I think they actually made the right call by having the two ranges alongside eachother, at least for a while.

I think the only primaris models I wasn't initially a fan of were the inceptors, but speaking to Jes about them back at the warhammer fest where they were unveiled and getting why they were the way they were, changed my mind even on them.

The fluff, I don't think is horrendous, I just think its got gaps which could do with being filled in. But I guess thats because I just went straight with the assumption that if a primarch and a tech priest can manage it within a few months thanks to having the emperors notes, a tech priest with the same or similar notes could probably manage a similar feat given decades or centuries or however long it was before he first started making them. Particularly as the description of the successful raptors made them sound like significantly better marines than the others in a very short period of time.

But it's fine, everyone is allowed to like or dislike things, the issue I have is when I see constant negative nancy posts from people about stuff (I am not saying thats you Sete!) I feel the need to state positive stuff about primaris when i see the negative stuff, I'd otherwise probably be quite happy to sit within my little primaris blood angels plog and leave it at that.

Aaanyway, as I've said many times, I just want some reasonably customisable primaris veterans, possibly some form of company veteran bodyguard unit too would be nice. Plus a fast moving low dakka transport. If the veterans didnt get good CC options, I'd like to see good CC options be made available through some other new unit or expanded options for stuff like reivers (who really should at least have AP-1 seeing as their knives are power blades in the one novel we've seen them in)

The few things i whistlist for them are a cheapest transport, remove the repulsor turret and increse x5 the transport capacity. This is the most important thing i think primaris lacks and needs.

And also a option to Intercessors to fight whit chainswords and pistols, not for me, becouse 3º ultra company, but for others chapters like Black Templars where close combat fit more than all boys whit long guns.

The few things i whistlist for them are a cheapest transport, remove the repulsor turret and increse x5 the transport capacity. This is the most important thing i think primaris lacks and needs.

And also a option to Intercessors to fight whit chainswords and pistols, not for me, becouse 3º ultra company, but for others chapters like Black Templars where close combat fit more than all boys whit long guns.

Honestly even if you take the absolute cheapest loadout (Auto launchers, Storm bolter, 2x storm bolter, Twin heavy bolter) and then take the turret away it still costs 241 points. I don't think there will be ever a cheap transport based on the repulsor chassis. The turret is not what makes it expensive (56p for the Onslaught gatling cannon and Las-talon).

Please no jetpack terminators with energy spears, good lord :laugh.:

golly gee why not?  I would even like it if they were also transformers and could turn into Predator tanks.

Many of the old units could have gotten new options. As an example, Kill Team Cassius included that Salamander's Terminator with a fist-mounted melta. The Terminators boxes needed an update anyway, could have rolled some more fist-mounted weapons in, as the precedent had been set.

They could have, but didn't as jes was specifically asked to design a totally new space marine.

He is happy with them, as are the company at large it would seem and probably most players don't much care either way.

There are vocal groups that wish they didn't exist and vocal groups that are happy they do. It is what it is. No point saying what they could have or should have done... ESPECIALLY in a primaris wishlist thread

The people that don't like Primaris are able to ignore them. They took nothing away from the standard line of models.

No need to complain about them anymore. Let's just look forward to the new models they'll get!

The people that don't like Primaris are able to ignore them. They took nothing away from the standard line of models.

No need to complain about them anymore. Let's just look forward to the new models they'll get!

Seeing as the rumour post smoke grenade has been IDd as a reiver one, any thoughts on what it might signify? What do you hope it could be for?

Seeing as the rumour post smoke grenade has been IDd as a reiver one, any thoughts on what it might signify? What do you hope it could be for?

Oh? I wasn't aware of this

Oh? I wasn't aware of this

Check the rumour thread, was a good spot!

Archived