Primaris Units/ vehicles, wishtheory list

Triszin

Ah yeah. Well, I think it adds support to the idea that the other thing we saw was the back end of a new Primaris vehicle.

The grenade could be anything though, it's so vague lol

Not part of that jetbike then, eh? ;)

Primaris had to happen, I started collecting almost thirty years ago and the unit choice was similar. There is only so far you can go with remaining old units/concepts. I remember reading a novel years ago (?cadian blood) where irreplaceable ships were lost etc etc in some phyrric victory and thinking, Yes, Grimdark is cool but there has to be a sliver of hope. The primaris are that sliver.

Always wishlisting has to come back to terminators. So, so cool.

Primaris vehicles we've seen so far (Repulsor - and to some extend the Redemptor Dread) have loads of weapons with wildly varying profiles, e.g. lascannons vs fragstorm launchers. Hopefully we'll see loadouts with less but stronger weapons and/or more synergy amongst the weapons. With the current loadouts, you'd think Cawl was an Ork Mek hiding under a techpriest robe - more dakka at all cost seems to be the design principle behind the current vehicles.

For units, It'd be nice to get:

• Some cheap*  transport option with just twin fragstorm launchers (and twin storm bolter option) or a similar low cost loadout would be nice.
  • A grav transporter with hatches on the bottom would be a logical choice for primaris - that would get them into position really fast. I'm pretty sure most primaris units could survive being dropped on the move.
  • Mhh... Makes me wonder if Primaris would ever get a flyer able to transport primaris infantry and a redemptor dread (like the Stormraven does for normal astartes).
  • Primaris Techmarines will probably show up once they've completed their training on mars/other forgeworlds. :smile.:
  • Some long range/artillery unit seems to be missing from the primaris lineup currently - without help from normal astartes, they're somewhat limited in weapon range (36" on e.g. heavy plasmaburners and stalker bolters).

* relatively - as a primaris transport, it would probably still cost more points than a rhino/razorback.

Do we REALLY need a cheap transport?

Marines can be elite and high quality. Disposable transport doesn't really work with that theme.

I'd prefer additional strategems that add mobility and units thar can naturally get around quickly.

Marines can be elite and high quality. Disposable transport doesn't really work with that theme.

I'd prefer additional strategems that add mobility and units thar can naturally get around quickly.

Assault units do need a transport, sure you can deep strike them but with the beta FAQ that isnt as reliable as it used to while the transport does add more safety and versatility in engagements to a unit that wont do anything for the first turn(s).

They absolutely should get a proper APC, ideally a fast one.

They absolutely should get a proper APC, ideally a fast one.

not just a fast one. but one that can support the troops it deploys.

either in a utility way or a defensive/offensive manner

The best assault units in the game don't rely on transports?

Think about Nids, Custodes, Blood Angels, etc

Custodes rely on teleporting, or jetbikes. Their normal stuff isn't quick or mobile and actually does need a transport to do the CC job well. Nids have beast style movement, and im not sure why blood angels are lumped in as best assault units, maaaybe DC or SG? Terminators need a transport to do a good job of getting to melee...

So you're saying you want teleporting or some other deepstrike alpha thing? I think those things belong to specific armies and not all armies need to have those, some more wargear and warmachines would not go amiss though.

I make it across the battlefield just fine without transports by foot slogging. The difference I think is durability. I can shrug off 40 wounds whilst only taking maybe 1 or 2. Average for Primaris would see an entire squad wiped out.

So I think having a cheap-ish transport would highly benefit getting them into positions where they can thrive for objective holding or even getting within range reliably against, for example, a Tau army where you're going to take heavy casualties trying to get there while they stand in the position without busting a sweat.

We don't need a super cheap transport, but we do need a transport that's a lot cheaper than a Repulsor lol. 200-400 points for a transport is just too much unless it has some other awesome special rule that makes it the best transport in the game. That's more expensive than other armys tanks or Dreadnoughts etc. Hence why the Repulsor is mainly a battle tank and not a transport in my eyes.

Primaris vehicles we've seen so far (Repulsor - and to some extend the Redemptor Dread) have loads of weapons with wildly varying profiles, e.g. lascannons vs fragstorm launchers

That's actually the thing I dislike the most about the Repulsor. It has so many weak weapons you have to roll for separately that could just get replaced with more Bolter without making it any stronger but it would speed up the time it takes to roll for his shooting.

We don't need a super cheap transport, but we do need a transport that's a lot cheaper than a Repulsor lol. 200-400 points for a transport is just too much unless it has some other awesome special rule that makes it the best transport in the game. That's more expensive than other armys tanks or Dreadnoughts etc. Hence why the Repulsor is mainly a battle tank and not a transport in my eyes.

Primaris vehicles we've seen so far (Repulsor - and to some extend the Redemptor Dread) have loads of weapons with wildly varying profiles, e.g. lascannons vs fragstorm launchers

That's actually the thing I dislike the most about the Repulsor. It has so many weak weapons you have to roll for separately that could just get replaced with more Bolter without making it any stronger but it would speed up the time it takes to roll for his shooting.

A repulsor bolter, an icarus repulsor bolter, a gatling bolter, an heavy icarus gatling bolter, a gatling bolt launcher and a heavy gatling icarus bolt launcher, perhaps?

;)

(Flippancy aside, and knowing it's not the exact same thing at all: I agree for precisely the reasons you say.)

A repulsor bolter, an icarus repulsor bolter, a gatling bolter, an heavy icarus gatling bolter, a gatling bolt launcher and a heavy gatling icarus bolt launcher, perhaps?

:wink:

(Flippancy aside, and knowing it's not the exact same thing at all: I agree for precisely the reasons you say.)

If they all have the same profile so I can roll them all together, sure! :P

Yep, glued the pauldrons on by accident and couldn't get em off. For the next one i was if doing the leather straps that cataphractii has from the titan hul.

Top view is good, rear view needs a little work, front view needs a lot of work

Primaris Drop Pods .......Ooooohhh Yeaaaahhh:yes: There ain't nothin' like droppin' a bigol' can of Space Marines (unless it's an even bigger can of Primaris Space Marines) on some unsuspecting hord of the Emperor's enemies and unleashing some well deserved whoopas*…….. BOOOYAAAHHH:thumbsup:

Naturally the rules must change to make drop pods a viable transport once again:wink:

Give the primmies a drop pod, a mobile (as in high movement) assault unit (with access to a bit more than knives and chainswords), and open sergeants and lieutenants to power *weapons* rather than just power *swords*.

That should keep them occupied for some time and maybe let the rest of us have some peace.

Give the primmies a drop pod, a mobile (as in high movement) assault unit (with access to a bit more than knives and chainswords), and open sergeants and lieutenants to power *weapons* rather than just power *swords*.

That should keep them occupied for some time and maybe let the rest of us have some peace.

Peace from what?

Peace from what?

I was trying to be funny. Don't worry about it.

If the model only costs 1CP then sure. I just don't want a unit I'll never take and in the current game useful deployment abilities don't have a point cost, so a Pod isn't competitive.

A Primaris drop pod wouldn't alter my army currently - Maybe if new units became available that would benefit from one that would change.

Archived