Captain Semper's Adeptus Titanicus project

Captain Semper

Yeah - go Makabius! This weird blue maybe somewhat of a challenge, but it looks great! I just wish we had more info on Krytos, and whether they had a special relation with a specific House... oh, well...

From memory, the one fluff piece in the book indicates that they fought alongside a specific house, though I can't recall the name off the top of my head. Pretty sure it was somewhat Biblical though.

I guess fighting alongside them once isn't a "special relationship" per se, but it's better than nothing.

Dallo

Looks great Captain - seems only appropriate to do a Legio to rival them...

Thx Chaeron! :woot: Maybe Gryphonicus? I think I may want to wait for Titandeath...

A good plan! I think we're about to see a rather large increase in traffic and productivity when that drops - so seems only sensible to wait and see all the possibilities then! 

I have full faith that whatever you do will be to those incredibly high standards as ever. :thumbsup:

Yeah - go Makabius! This weird blue maybe somewhat of a challenge, but it looks great! I just wish we had more info on Krytos, and whether they had a special relation with a specific House... oh, well...

Nice! I will keep an eye on your Knights too, because I also want to go full Makabius when it comes at AT :biggrin.:

I'm intrigued, what colours will you use :wink:

What a brilliant project this was. Top work.

Glad you’re staying with AT, Captain and look forward to the next Legio on your table!

Godbreakers are part of Titandeath so I’m sure their associated Knight House will be talked about. Andy H said on a livestream that they realise people want to know the associated houses to go with their Legio’s, so I’d expect future publications to cover that kind of thing.

The Knight House Cesarean (spelling might be off) is what you're looking for :) I think they're in the AT rulebook timeline under the Battle of Tallarn?

Edited by LetsYouDown

From memory, the one fluff piece in the book indicates that they fought alongside a specific house, though I can't recall the name off the top of my head. Pretty sure it was somewhat Biblical though.

I guess fighting alongside them once isn't a "special relationship" per se, but it's better than nothing.

Dallo

The Knight House Cesarean (spelling might be off) is what you're looking for :smile.: I think they're in the AT rulebook timeline under the Battle of Tallarn?

Good catch - thank you both! I went through the timeline again and although it is not explicit that Krytos and Caesarean are somehow linked, it's a good lead! Now all I need is more info on them! :lol:

Looks great Captain - seems only appropriate to do a Legio to rival them...

Thx Chaeron! :woot: Maybe Gryphonicus? I think I may want to wait for Titandeath...

A good plan! I think we're about to see a rather large increase in traffic and productivity when that drops - so seems only sensible to wait and see all the possibilities then! 

I have full faith that whatever you do will be to those incredibly high standards as ever. :thumbsup:

Thank you Chaeron - you really help my drive mate! And I sure look forward for Titandeath! 

Nice! I will keep an eye on your Knights too, because I also want to go full Makabius when it comes at AT :biggrin.:

I'm intrigued, what colours will you use :wink:

Yeah, I really like Macabius colours - I will ponder on the colours, this blue will require some attention for sure... ;)

What a brilliant project this was. Top work.

Glad you’re staying with AT, Captain and look forward to the next Legio on your table!

Godbreakers are part of Titandeath so I’m sure their associated Knight House will be talked about. Andy H said on a livestream that they realise people want to know the associated houses to go with their Legio’s, so I’d expect future publications to cover that kind of thing.

Hey Bruni!

Yeah, I'll stick with AT - now the really interesting stuff will be hitting the shelves: we have a new Warlord, the new Lancers, the new Reaver is imminent as is Titandeath... I'm not going anywhere! :P

If Caesarean is the House associated with Krytos, then I sure hope they produce some decals for them. I also hope they have an interesting backstory and, perhaps most importantly, an interesting scheme!

We'll see...

I use Vallejo German Grey with a wash of Drakenhof Nightshade and I build up a highlight using a mix of German Grey and Citadel Administratum Grey for Makabius. We'll see how well that translates on a 10mm scale soon enough. Edited by DuskRaider

• 4 weeks later...

Good stuff - I'm looking for a Legio, and with titandeath we know that Krytos fought with the iron warriors, which would tie them in nicely with my 40k IW...your paint log is helping cement this idea.

Gorgeous work, but I have to agree that the models looked better on the flatter red bases. The yellow stripes make them look tiny.

Good stuff - I'm looking for a Legio, and with titandeath we know that Krytos fought with the iron warriors, which would tie them in nicely with my 40k IW...your paint log is helping cement this idea.

Gorgeous work, but I have to agree that the models looked better on the flatter red bases. The yellow stripes make them look tiny.

I know, I know... :sad.: I will have to revisit the bases -this is a valid comment...

Thanks for the encouraging comments, the more Krytos the better! :biggrin.: Oh, and Vulpa... maybe.

Look what arrived today:

med_gallery_27176_14912_137903.jpg

But these guys are going to be house Caesarean - so I need to wait for Titandeath to see the colour scheme and of course the decals! :yes:

Do we have any info on House Caesarean's scheme? I think Krytos is particularly eye catching and their transfers are incredibly cool looking so I'm glad to see you chose them. Or are you doing Vulpa? Last I saw in here you said Krytos but in the Event you said Vulpa.

Do we have any info on House Caesarean's scheme? I think Krytos is particularly eye catching and their transfers are incredibly cool looking so I'm glad to see you chose them. Or are you doing Vulpa? Last I saw in here you said Krytos but in the Event you said Vulpa.

Well, my bet is that Caesarian will be covered (or at least a picture will shown) in Titandeath. It’s the house associated with Krytos and their transfers are included in the Krytos-specific transfer sheet. So here’s to hoping. No I have a fascination with Vulpa, so that could be my project for TotH, but again I’d rather wait to go through the details - not so much the rules but the details on the scheme and the background. The iconography rocks though...

If a banner is what you want, pinch one from the Canis Rex kit (there are 2, canis rex's and the generic one. Build a canis rex and pinch the spare banner.

You know what, I briefly considered it! But then what remains from my logic kicked in and said that would be an expensive banner indeed. I keep it at the back of my mind however, when I really want to do Canis Rex, this will come in handy! :D

If I'm being honest, I think Vulpa's scheme is absolutely hideous. The red with purple just isn't enough contrast and even then the purple just doesn't look right. Take Xestobiax, that's a purple scheme that looks really nice because it's contrasted with the white (pearlescent would probably look great in their scheme). It just doesn't work with Vulpa. I think Krytos looks the bee's knees and especially when people incorporate yellow and black chevrons as an accent here and there.

I hear you, but let's wait and see... Mortis is also in the cards. :wink:

BTW, it turns out that the Krytos spot colour is red - a colour that only appeared in the banners in the artwork (and half the cog-wheel in Black Arrow's right knee pad). But the transfers definitely show red- and an orangey red at that - alternative to the white transfers... Oh well... I may even continue with Krytos, although I'd like to do something weird like Vulpa. In a couple of weeks we'll have all the answers! :smile.:

ALSO we have yet to see an official take on Vulpa's scheme - some things may change... 

To be honest.... seeing the red and purple together makes me puke... they are way to close on the same colour spectrum and dont look good together at all. Ok you have a contrast colour with the golden trim... but this colour scheme is for sure not my alley.

ALSO we have yet to see an official take on Vulpa's scheme - some things may change...

Have you seen these? https://m.imgur.com/a/DqO1pjN
Or do you mean a professional studio-painted mini

I've seen those... truth being said, the pics do not send a very clear message... 

...BUT, c'mon guys, doesn't this look awesome? 

fuL4bRb.jpg

No? well, I guess we'll wait a couple of weeks and things will be much more clear...  The trim colour appears to be bone white btw...

To be honest.... seeing the red and purple together makes me puke... they are way to close on the same colour spectrum and dont look good together at all. Ok you have a contrast colour with the golden trim... but this colour scheme is for sure not my alley.

Yeah, it's an odd scheme. The trim is also bone, not gold. There's still an opportunity to create contrast via textural differences, like sponging highlights on the purple and marbling the red, or using reflective properties, like making the bone look dry with matte varnish and the red plates look wet via gloss. They are supposed to resemble raw, bruised meat after all. Or flayed men left out to bleed.

I'm also pretty certain that dialing back the purple to be as dark and blue as possible would help the scheme a lot. Vallejo Hexed Lichen is my plan ATM. It's a very deep, dark purple and airbrushes like a champ.

It's a look that could really shine when possessed Chaos Titans drop, with skeletal tails and horns :)

Edited by LetsYouDown