Something big from Vigilus

BolterZorro

I have to say I think it would be really unlikely to make it to 2 days before a GW event where they were showing off a new Angron or Fulgrim or anything of that magnitude and we hadn’t had a single leak or bigger build up from GW.

I’m not saying it’s impossible but I think some of the things people are suggesting are just too big. Hopefully I’ll eat my words on Saturday though.

Whatever it is, I'm probably not going to be that excited by it. I would just like Fires of Cyraxus to make a comeback but that's got nothing to do with the Vigilus weekender. I hope it's something people can get excited for. The Adeptus Mechanicus Battleforce is the most interesting thing for me on the landscape now that Orktober is over.

Scratch that, if the is more news for the Sisters of Battle I'll be excited on those player's behalf! :)

Saying Huge

Well there's not much else huge

Save Fulgrim and Emperors Children new releases

My money is on them

New Primaris will be next year

Games Workshop hype up every event announcement to be huge.

Nine times out of ten they're anything but.

My guess is Primaris upgrade kits for some more chapters. The Battle Forces - including the Imperial Fist named one - goes up for pre-order in a week, right?

I'd also expect to see all of the Genestealer Cult models - Gunslinger, stand-alone Aberrants, dice, codex, etc. Considering GW's history of not-huge 'huge' announcements, I'd not be surprised if that was the extent of it.

I think whatever it is will be related to Vigilus. It's not just any other Open Day, it's specifically tied to the planet's storyline.

This year's Worldwide Campaign will probably revolve around it and we'll see details on that. Malign Portents for AoS went down pretty well - namely because the most popular faction couldn't just whale the results - so I believe we'll see that format follow onto 40k's take.

I'd say Angron and the Angry Bois, but I feel like (should GW care) they've kinda painted themselves into a corner with Angron

since the Salamanders stopped him from being summoned on Armageddon
as per the Astartes codex. I suppose in theory nothing prevents him from being summoned elsewhere, though.

The Salamanders did no such thing brother. It was the Hammers of Titan that stood between Angron and the Imperium.

Anyway...he was banished for a thousand years so technically can't be summoned anywhere during that time.

On the 'big release', my money is on the Primaris flyer....Overlord is it?

A Ironhands named primaris ironfather . To make up for not having any vanilla marine characters.

This would be pretty fantastic. I'd also love a generic Primaris techmarine.

The planet is an important point for the Imperium which does suggest that Abaddon might go for it. He's the one to make the most logical attack to try and cripple the loyalists in such a way.

Maybe it's as simple as the GSC codex? GW would call that something big and they have been active on Vigilus. 

The Primaris flyer would fit the bill too, personally I don't expect a Primarch/Demon Primarch reveal we would have had some sort of video teaser series first to build the hype.

Maybe it's as simple as the GSC codex? GW would call that something big and they have been active on Vigilus. 

The Primaris flyer would fit the bill too, personally I don't expect a Primarch/Demon Primarch reveal we would have had some sort of video teaser series first to build the hype.

Teaser at New Year Open, reveal at Adepticon?

I note this is seemingly coordinating with the soon to release ADB novel Emperor's Snakes !!!

Pretty sure its spears not snakes (I think snakes are more a Dan Abbnet thing).

I'd wager that this will be something to do with a campaign or campaign book, something like that. Not a Primarch or Abaddon etc. As Lord Marshal said above, GW saying something is going to be huge means very little.

Safe bet, probably this genestealer cult stuff, and box sets we already know about lol.

I will echo it is probably a Global Campaign build up with some releases tied loosely into it, like Wake the Dead and maybe a Triumvirate of --- box.

With GSC around the corner they could tease the direction of 40k post established codex, like more specialized codexes for sub factions, chapters, and legions.

I could be wish listing a bit, but Vigilus being new Cadia will probably get some oomph behind it. If it will be big league yuge or not is another question. 

“Something Big is coming to Vigilus”. What do we think; a single big thing (Fulgrim or maybe that Overlord flyer from DI novel) or a big thing as in a big event?

Oh that's right.  It's been awhile; IIRC Felix's internal monologue describes it kinda like the Corvus Blackstar right?  But I swear he mentions like 30 Primaris being strapped in.

I'd wager at that size it'd be a FW model.

So here's the thing about Vigilus and beyond. We know Chaos Undivided is happening soon-ish next year, right? This is a fact at this point. We've seen the teasers, we've got a taste with Blackstone Fortress, we've been promised at least a box of new CSM. This last part is critical for the future of Chaos. We've seen the new CSM, they're taller and beefier, and much like Primaris, many of the pieces from the old CSM will most likely not fit or look ridiculously out of proportion on these new models. Of course, this means the old box is obviously being retired, and with it, I don't doubt that other kits that depend on it, like Havocs, will disappear and/or be replaced too.

Guess who's also an upgrade pack.

Noise_Marine.jpg

Now, just let me clarify something. I'm not saying that Fulgrim and the Emperor's Children are coming to Vigilus. I still firmly believe that if any Chaos release is being framed into the Vigilus narrative, it's Undivided. But, I do believe that they'll appear before Angron and the World Eaters do, even if just by following this logic. Of course, it's gW we're talking about and logic does not always apply, so I might be completely off the mark.

Still another guessing a Global Campaign that will literally mean nothing in the long term, as they already know what result they want and even if the other side won 100% of the games they'd still find a way to twist it so the result they wanted happens.

But I'm hoping for a Primarch or 3.

Archived