Something big from Vigilus

BolterZorro

Red Talons. Autek Mor's bloody handed sons.

Doesn't look like it. It's a quartered red/blue colour scheme instead of just red and the emblem is a bit different as well.

Edit: wait I found them. It's the Brazen Claws. A second founding Iron Hands successor chapter.

Sounds like a Daemonkin warband, but cool color scheme and interesting back story! Glad to see a successor chapter like this getting some love. Seems like a good candidate for primaris reinforcements, too.

On the Reivers rumor, it might just be a new unit which is wearing the lighter armour, but aren't actually Reivers. Slim legs but no skull masks or shock grenades etc.

I agree. Maybe they'll have a displacement field hologram projector to make them.more effective at cqc

On the Reivers rumor, it might just be a new unit which is wearing the lighter armour, but aren't actually Reivers. Slim legs but no skull masks or shock grenades etc.

Just as long as the have power weapon options and shields, I would be happy. Then maybe either a cheap transports or a Land Raider transport that can hold a bunch of models.

If the reivers rumour is true it's almost exactly the opposite of what the fans seem to want. I don't see much wish listing for lighter armoured troops with hockey masks, but more heavily armoured assault troops with breacher shields and assault shotguns? Yes sir!

If the reivers rumour is true it's almost exactly the opposite of what the fans seem to want. I don't see much wish listing for lighter armoured troops with hockey masks, but more heavily armoured assault troops with breacher shields and assault shotguns? Yes sir!

I think it depends on what groups you discuss with. I talk to BT/SW/BA and they want melee primaris, as that is their bread and butter. Funny though that reivers have the exact save value as intercessors, so it isn't actually lighter armor in the rules.

You know, the image is becoming funnier every time I look at it:

- I like the contrast between the Imperial Guard, fearlessly charging into the fray, standard held high, while all the poor skitarii in the image are either dead or getting hit/attacked :facepalm: 

- Is it me, or are the orks fighting together with the Imperium? And I cannot really distinguish the mass of ork(s?) on the far right, I see two arms but no head?:blink.:

- There are two Brazen Claws primaris marines, but behind them, an Ultramarines repulsor? Man, GW does really read this forum, they must have seen the "Ultramarines" topic and decided to troll us :laugh.:

Orks or a new Ghaz might make sense, given what we see in ep.10 of Vhane Glorious (I.e. a fleet of ork ships).

Speaking of, anyone else getting fed up with GW missing updates for VG? That’s twice now they’ve missed an update. I highly doubt it’s the artist’s fault (given her past work) and given they seem to get everything else up on time I wonder what’s going on. This time might be due to what’s going on with the weekender but I’m not sure about the first time.

You don't see people wishing for such a unit because we already got it. All it needs is fixing so it's actually worth taking. ^^

If reivers got the special rule that ork kommandos just recieved, throat slittas, they'd be pretty decent. That rule means that they get +1 to their wound rolls in melee if they attack units entirely located in cover. Also maybe give them +1 movement speed since their armour is supposed to be lighter so they move faster.. I hope they flesh out primaris a bit in general but let's not forget all those armies that have old models in desperate need of updates. Vigilus presents an opportunity of bringing in new & updated reinforcements so let's hope GW brings it. I'm excited!

And please, for the love of Gork, no new lieutenants. Imagine how many new models we could've gotten to forgotten armies if they didn't make 8 (9/10?) of them

If reivers got the special rule that ork kommandos just recieved, throat slittas, they'd be pretty decent. That rule means that they get +1 to their wound rolls in melee if they attack units entirely located in cover. 

Blood Angels Reiver already get +1 to wound the turn they charge and they still aren't that great.

If reivers got the special rule that ork kommandos just recieved, throat slittas, they'd be pretty decent. That rule means that they get +1 to their wound rolls in melee if they attack units entirely located in cover. 

Blood Angels Reiver already get +1 to wound the turn they charge and they still aren't that great.

I'd argue they're at least decent. But it's a fair point. Also the fact that BA can already get +1 to wound means that it wouldn't be a likely general buff as BA would then get +2 to wound, which is a bit nuts haha. The easy fix to them is of course AP-1 blades, but those are just normal knives aren't they? Maybe they get an extra attack on the charge? You could lean in more into the whole "scary unit" type of angle I guess. Maybe enemy units within 6" of them has to reroll successful morale tests? 

I'd argue they're at least decent. But it's a fair point. Also the fact that BA can already get +1 to wound means that it wouldn't be a likely general buff as BA would then get +2 to wound, which is a bit nuts haha. The easy fix to them is of course AP-1 blades, but those are just normal knives aren't they? Maybe they get an extra attack on the charge? You could lean in more into the whole "scary unit" type of angle I guess. Maybe enemy units within 6" of them has to reroll successful morale tests? 

Nah they aren't decent unfortunately.

The combat blades already give +1A. They are basically chainswords rules-wise. In the fluff they often get described as power weapons so some AP would make lots of sense.

Archived