Something big from Vigilus

BolterZorro

I've been told that the Angron rumour trail has gone cold which does not mean it won't happen but it's less reliable.

Primaris part deux is happening including jump pack reivers among other units, and very much in the works is SM Codex V2 but no idea on a release time frame.

Gw can :cuss off with reivers. Jesus what a stupid unit. Should come with a edge warning.

Can they not give mk10 armour with chainswords and jump packs? What's so hard about that?

Better give those reivers some batwings while at it.

Why would the "big" part of the Vigilus Weekender be a box that's centered around the return of Slaanesh to AoS, even if the models are for both systems?

Daemons are released to AOS then are tied into 40k via their respected big 4 CSM codex. Later releasing the 40k daemon codex.

Both Tzeentch and Nurgle have had some daemon unit in the 1kson and DG codex. This means they have to release the models first and AOS is perfect for that. I'm a little foggy but I believe the 40k daemon codex came out afte DG codex in 8th.

It would be appropriate if the Emperor's Children came up against the Ultranarines. Fulgrim versus Guilliman, round two?

jump pack reivers

Jump Pack units (as much as I want them) would invalidate Reivers so hard, same number of attack AND more mobility? Either this new unit is full on assault and access to power weapons OR Reivers go into Troop choice because I honestly cant see anyone taking Reivers if a better close combat unit appeared and I absolutely love Reivers.

I really hope to see this new Jump Pack unit but it really makes the concept of Reivers so obsolete and really shows how poorly designed they are, shooting with an assault bolter? Intercessors do that and they are also a troop choice, hell their shooting is  better, assault? They have zero mobility and DSing them is a gamble and their attacks arent threatening so they are left with tying up units which isnt that much of a priority when you can use Aggressors to stop incoming charges AND be a threat to infantry with their shooting.

Cheaper, combat blades with AP-1, maybe easier charge or no fall back special rules on the grapple hook and Reiver would be an interesting choice, yeah. It's not hard to make them good. It's only hard to make GW make them good. :D

Tinfoil hat time, but if a new and improved version of reivers is on the way it could explain why they’ve bundled so many into the Christmas battleforce to try and clear out stock :)

New kit might just have an extra sprue and invalidate the old box, same as they did with canis Rex.

A new version of Reivers is super unlikely. WAY too soon for something like that. The best for Reiver we can hope for is additional rules and points changes via CA etc. There's also the argument to be made that the Primaris range is needing a lot of other things before yet another version of Reivers lol

Guest MistaGav

The only way I could see a new version of Reivers is if they have a completely different weapon loadout. Instead of Bolt Carbines and Knives, maybe some form of close range anti infantry/vehicle weapon.

To clarify I don’t mean a new version of the existing set, more an alternate set with jump packs which are just so much better than the current set that they make them redundant.

Still probably unlikely I know, but the inclusion of 10 reivers in a battleforce seems suspiciously high given they’re not a great unit and almost anyone would prefer 10 hellblasters or even 10 intercessors. Just makes me think something is going on with reivers and I wouldn’t be surprised if we do get a reveal of something.

What do we think the odds are of 40k going the way of AoS in terms of setting. That is, leaving the constraints of the galaxy and being set in a chaotic realm where anything can happen. I can see Vigilus being a catalyst for that.

Otherwise Tyranids just eat everything or the Andromeda galaxy collides with the Milky Way.

What do we think the odds are of 40k going the way of AoS in terms of setting. That is, leaving the constraints of the galaxy and being set in a chaotic realm where anything can happen. I can see Vigilus being a catalyst for that.

Otherwise Tyranids just eat everything or the Andromeda galaxy collides with the Milky Way.

About zero. GW clearly said that they learned their lesson with AoS and won't advance the 40k setting past midnight.

Also we already know how the end would look like. Sanguinius wrote down a prophecy about the forces of chaos and "the great hunger" clashing at terra with the rest of the galaxy in ruins and then something something emperor. ;)

Archived