Primaris Calgar: your thoughts?

Dariokan

The heck are the intake vents for!? The people wish to know!

Apparently the MkX armor generates an ABSURD amount of heat. During a scene in plague wars, they have to cross a river corrupted by Nurgle's rot and filled with corpses, so they seal their armor, including the vents. One marine nearly cools himself alive from the heat.

Apparently the MkX armor generates an ABSURD amount of heat. During a scene in plague wars, they have to cross a river corrupted by Nurgle's rot and filled with corpses, so they seal their armor, including the vents. One marine nearly cools himself alive from the heat.

I think that's marine armour in general that generates a ton of heat, not just MkX.

Remember: Marine "backpacks" are power pack generators that are miniaturized NUCLEAR REACTORS.

I think that's marine armour in general that generates a ton of heat, not just MkX.

Remember: Marine "backpacks" are power pack generators that are miniaturized NUCLEAR REACTORS.

Not sure that air cooling the reactor would really do much either (it doesn't in modern reactors, however, that's fission, not the potentially fusion reactors of the Marine packs). However, they don't seem to vent any level of steam, so the cooling mechanism is likely not something currently Earth-known.

Besides, I doubt they really have game effects, the designer likely thought they'd be a cool addition. I'd have to remove them immediately though. Would be interesting if they do have a game function.

Not sure that air cooling the reactor would really do much either (it doesn't in modern reactors, however, that's fission, not the potentially fusion reactors f the Marine packs). However, they don't seem to vent any level of steam, so the cooling mechanism is likely not something currently Earth-known.

Besides, I doubt they really have game effects, the designer likely thought they'd be a cool addition. I'd have to remove them immediately though. Would be interesting if they do have a game function.

Well, iirc, marine backpacks vent the excess heat.

And yeah, Calgar's massive vents are.... Odd. Like, they looks like air intakes, as he has the normal marine power pack exhausts on his backpack, but air-cooling a fusion generator won't do much, if anything at all, for the heat....

Great, now the more I look at them, the more they bug me. Thanks guys :lol:

If those are vents, and not intakes, he better not walk around with that helmet off much, or he's going to need more bionics than just that eye!

I'd be ordering "Don't put those near my head, geniuses! I like my face." if I were him. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Strange thing to say considering my usual position but the size of Guilliman lends itself well to the Honour Guard. If they're separate releases I could get them for Guilliman as bodyguards, depending on the rules.

Kind of like super soldiers created to protect him.

There’s a cool piece of artwork where it looks like these Victrix are fighting with Guilliman. It’s an older piece but I have to wonder how long they’ve had this in the works.

There is datasheets In the Vigilus book for Victrix and Honour Guard which I found interesting. I wonder if these models are exclusively Victrix, or could stand in as Honour Guard.

The new ones should be superior in rules. The old Honour Guard had horrific rules for taking the damage of hits instead of the hits themselves. Absurd really and fixed in subsequent Codex books.

With an Apothecary and those 2 Victrix Honour Guard, Guilliman has just become even harder to kill.

There’s a cool piece of artwork where it looks like these Victrix are fighting with Guilliman. It’s an older piece but I have to wonder how long they’ve had this in the works.

There is datasheets In the Vigilus book for Victrix and Honour Guard which I found interesting. I wonder if these models are exclusively Victrix, or could stand in as Honour Guard.

ooh do you have a link? sounds cool!

I hope these new Honour Guard actually join the character they protect, or are characters themselves.

The few times I've run the old honor guard they just give up first blood or get killed off early.

Archived