Primaris Calgar: your thoughts?

Dariokan

I don't recall what his gauntlets did before. But powerfists that don't reduce your to hit roll by one isn't terrible. The bolter part is better than what most spacemarine's officers are logging around, if rather incidental... But was anyone going to take him for his bolters?

I didn't see if he had an invulnerable save. I assume he would. Nvm. He does. It was in the paragraph. Thought it would have been in a little rules box... That's what I get for skimming.

He's great. 8 wounds, toughness 5, 6" movement.

Weapons the same as before but are totally fine. If he's too strong the costs will spiral.

True but I was hoping they's get a slight boost as he's lost his Relic Blade and D3 damage on the Gauntlets is a bit flat compared to a lot of unique weapons these days.

But yeah, he's still good and has a great statline.

Edit: totally missed that he doesn't suffer the -1 to hit for power fists - OK that's not too shabby.

Weapons the same as before but are totally fine. If he's too strong the costs will spiral.

True but I was hoping they's get a slight boost as he's lost his Relic Blade and D3 damage on the Gauntlets is a bit flat compared to a lot of unique weapons these days.

What did his relic blade do?

I know back when his gauntlets struck last, his powersword had a slight purpose...

But what value could be had in a secondary weapon over...

HIT 2+

STR 8

AP -3

DMG D3

ATK 6

As for his durability.

T5, W8 2+/4++

and half all incoming DMG (not sure how they handle odd numbers or if it's total and not per hit etc)

I know back when his gauntlets struck last, his powersword had a slight purpose...

HIT 2+

STR 8

AP -3

DMG D3

ATK 6

As for his durability.

T5, W8 2+/4++

and half all incoming DMG (not sure how they handle odd numbers or if it's total and not per hit etc)

You're absolutely right, I am still stuck in 7th Edition - which is the last time I played him tbh - when the Relic Blade was handy, but now Power Fists don't strike lasy there is no reason to have the Relic Blade....

Getting the CP back looks good too.

I'm wondering how this works now.

This is the standard Ultramarines warlord Trait so we already had this, but getting CPs back was nerfed since the Codex came out - so can this regenerate more than 1 CP?

Specific wordage?

Regenerate was nerfed to 1cp

But it says in his WLT that on a 5+ the CP is "immediately refunded"

HIT 2+

STR 8

AP -3

DMG D3

ATK 6

As for his durability.

T5, W8 2+/4++

You're absolutely right, I am still stuck in 7th Edition - which is the last time I played him tbh - when the Relic Blade was handy, but now Power Fists don't strike lasy there is no reason to have the Relic Blade....

I mean. There would be a reason vs a normal power fist that reduces your "to hit" by one nowadays. But it definitly didn't say that his fists have that in the WC article.

I do not see the Repulsor ride as an upgrade.

That thing will have a target on it that you can see from outer space. It will bend space time and somehow explode *before* T1. Like, you place it on the table and when you look back at your tray, it's still there. It might as well say "When you deploy this unit, it explodes. Immediately remove it from the table and take your mortal wounds."

It's a good thing his movement went to 6. He's gonna need it.

I think he's best in a vehicle with 6 or do Hellblasters. They come out, shoot something up. He charges alongside his Honor Guard.

5 Hellblasters, Calgar, his Honour Guard and a Primaris Chaplain for that extra melee edge imo

Yeah, the fact that he'll have to ride in Repulsors or Thunderhawks to get anywhere reasonably fast now sucks. That said, T5, A6 and LP8 make him very tough and very nasty. Regarding a duel with Abaddon, I'd still say that the the latter would win because PriMarneus just can't keep up with up to twelve attacks (six of which are always hitting at S8, but that is irrelevant now).

Archived