BT confirmed on Vigilus

Giving the contents a second look and I think the rumor that Sword Brethren is just new options for Intercessors is full of crap, its a detachment like the Imperial Fist one because if it was a datasheet it would say its a datasheet like it does for Calgar and the Worldclaimer, so guess we'll see some buffs for our elites! Good because I have like 15 Terminators and Vanguard Vets!.

Where have you fine gentlemen found this lovely bit of information?

This does sound exciting...

Found sword brother info, p181

But what about this?

Also the Veteran Intercessor strat seems to be +1 attack and leadership.

Im excited, love Veterans and dreadnouughts and if the formation revolves around veteran units then Im happy, a new warlord trait and combat strats will be very helpful.

Would this result in even stronger SB perhaps?

Well yeah, +1 attack and leadership is of course stronger Marines as they stand.  It's also rather lackluster and not much of a game changer at all, so let's hope there's more to it than that (and that it doesn't require Primaris).  I am however interested in how it may apply to Dreadnoughts.  Most likely just those of a Venerable configuration, but then again, the IF formation applies to all Dreadnoughts, which is good news for my Ironclads :)

There's nothing in the preview to suggest anyone other than intercessors in the non-BT formation are getting +1 attack.

Sword Brethren is disappointing since it sounds like it will buff elites rather than troops. I want to run Black Tide or Mechanized not Black Deathwing or just have dual chainsword vanguard vets invalidate my crusader blobs.

Traditional sword bro , I reckon is a veteran with free gear choice right?
We have to wait and see.
Fingers crossed for a Castellan and an upgrade sprue next year.

4th-5th ed Sword Brethren didn't have free gear choices, they had bolter or bolt pistol and cww (no mixing so basically just your vanguard or sternguard choice) and then one could take either a heavy weapon, twin claws or a power fist and a second could take a special weapon or a power sword. They could also take combat shields for 5 points but only if they took 10 point terminator honours to make them attacks 2 (they were 1 base) so that was a joke option. I took assault terminators instead every time.

Getting regular Vanguard and Sternguard was a straight upgrade in every way since a choice of either counter attack, infiltrate or furious charge didn't matter for much.

The rumor about them getting weapons seems to good to be true. If normal Primaris vets wont, It doesn't make sense for Sword Brethren to.

It would also require new models, since GW don't write rules for what they don't sell currently. 

I'd wager it's just +1A for Intercessors, to simulate the effect of having a chainsword. 

Yeah... Technically there is nothing stopping us from putting our BT upgrade kit bits on them... Even tho it's not explicitly a "primaris" upgrade kit.

I mean... I'm gonna do it... But I'm weird.

Everything save our chest plates and bolters from the kit are compatible with Primaris.

Also putting money down our relic is the Holy Hand Grenade. And our trait is gonna be a Deny the Witch or something to buff squads around character in melee.

There's nothing in the preview to suggest anyone other than intercessors in the non-BT formation are getting +1 attack.

Sword Brethren is disappointing since it sounds like it will buff elites rather than troops. I want to run Black Tide or Mechanized not Black Deathwing or just have dual chainsword vanguard vets invalidate my crusader blobs.

I'm of the opposite opinion. If we are getting a melee buff that isn't army wide (which I doubt any of these are) then I would rather it be on my our elites.  I'm not of the opinion that Crusaders need to be uber combat units because that will never be the case. I'd rather have a buff for units with access to the more deadly weapons. 

I'm of the opposite opinion. If we are getting a melee buff that isn't army wide (which I doubt any of these are) then I would rather it be on my our elites. I'm not of the opinion that Crusaders need to be uber combat units because that will never be the case. I'd rather have a buff for units with access to the more deadly weapons.

I agree. Use blacktide to contest objectives while using buffed elites to take down major threats. Whatever happens I’m excited for this, even if it’s not everything we’ve hoped and dreamed for. If nothing else it’s something new and it’s not like we’re losing anything we already have.

As I understand it, they're sort of selected on the fly at a game's start using CP, like upgrading Captains to Chapter Masters or taking Relics.  If you plan on always deploying the Intercessors as veterans, then go for it.  Although I think I'd model any Primaris I made with swords on principle regardless. :biggrin.:

Archived