BT confirmed on Vigilus

We currently don't have rules for that squad.

So probably it will be just that.

Or a few of those squads.

Don't think we will have anything for Sword Bros Primaris. Hope I'm wrong

Like Reinhard noted: it does not have the Datasheet heading in the table of contents, while units there do, so it is likely a faction like what the Fists have.  As for what is included and the rules, no idea.

A lot of these rules are interesting, but CP are at such a premium for Marines that temptation can quickly become prohibitive.

There's nothing in the preview to suggest anyone other than intercessors in the non-BT formation are getting +1 attack.

Sword Brethren is disappointing since it sounds like it will buff elites rather than troops. I want to run Black Tide or Mechanized not Black Deathwing or just have dual chainsword vanguard vets invalidate my crusader blobs.

I'm of the opposite opinion. If we are getting a melee buff that isn't army wide (which I doubt any of these are) then I would rather it be on my our elites. I'm not of the opinion that Crusaders need to be uber combat units because that will never be the case. I'd rather have a buff for units with access to the more deadly weapons.

I agree. Use blacktide to contest objectives while using buffed elites to take down major threats. Whatever happens I’m excited for this, even if it’s not everything we’ve hoped and dreamed for. If nothing else it’s something new and it’s not like we’re losing anything we already have.

If you take Black tide this edition you don't have the points for elites.

Ok here we go!

Good news for Og marine fans, and bad for primaris fans.

Lovely and fluffy detachment.

But if you want a primaris detach, there's nothing for you.

I'm actually having mixed feelings.

There's the Indomitus Crusaders detach for that. :wink:  

Brothers rejoice!!  This is a great detach for us!

Affects Helbrecht, EC, Company Champ, Company Vets for 1 CP

Warlord Trait - Master swordsman - +1 attack and every unmodified roll to hit of 6 is 2 hits

Relic - THE HOLY ORB OF ANTIOCH!!!!!!  Yes you heard that right! - Lob it at some rabbits heretics/xenos and for every 10 models in the unit roll a D6, on a 2+ they suffer D3 mortal wounds

Strats

Uphold the Honor of the Emperor - 1CP - Give a SB unit a 5+ FNP!

Suffer not the Unclean to Live - 2CP - Give a SB unit +1 attack and re-roll wound rolls!

The only minor downside is that it does not affect VV, Sternguard or TDA.  But I think it might be OP if they did.  Regardless, Company Vets are a great unit and can take literally just about any weapon as a true SB would. 

Here's the link for the video at the time stamp

https://youtu.be/sT0eDbjQTyc?t=1073

Ok here we go!

Good news for Og marine fans, and bad for primaris fans.

Lovely and fluffy detachment.

But if you want a primaris detach, there's nothing for you.

I'm actually having mixed feelings.

There's the Indomitus Crusaders detach for that. :wink:

Brothers rejoice!! This is a great detach for us!

Affects Helbrecht, EC, Company Champ, Company Vets for 1 CP

Warlord Trait - Master swordsman - +1 attack and every unmodified roll to hit of 6 is 2 hits

Relic - THE HOLY ORB OF ANTIOCH!!!!!! Yes you heard that right! - Lob it at some rabbits heretics/xenos and for every 10 models in the unit roll a D6, on a 2+ they suffer D3 mortal wounds

Strats

Uphold the Honor of the Emperor - 1CP - Give a SB unit a 5+ FNP!

Suffer not the Unclean to Live - 2CP - Give a SB unit +1 attack and re-roll wound rolls!

The only minor downside is that it does not affect VV, Sternguard or TDA. But I think it might be OP if they did. Regardless, Company Vets are a great unit and can take literally just about any weapon as a true SB would.

Here's the link for the video at the time stamp

Now I should think what would be the best loadout for the company veterans already.

Bit miffed Assault Terminators aren't included (they are some of the highest ranking sword brethren after all) but I'll take it!

Was never going to be super competitive (don't think any of the formations are for the CP investment required) but it's fluffy and fun.

Looking forward to giving it a go.

Well turned out the rumor that'd we'd finally get rules for "Primaris sword brothers" that could take close combat weapons and power weapons was a bunch of lies. And yes I do find that dissappointing.

You should have known that it was never going to happen, there are no models for that and GW doesn't do rules without models anymore

Well turned out the rumor that'd we'd finally get rules for "Primaris sword brothers" that could take close combat weapons and power weapons was a bunch of lies. And yes I do find that dissappointing.

You should have known that it was never going to happen, there are no models for that and GW doesn't do rules without models anymore

Yes I should. I guess, I started dreaming of a Templar upgrade sprue that was mostly weapons to add. Hope born from IF getting an upgrade sprue. Oh well.

So I'm very pleased that I can do something with the 29 OGmarines I have on sprue. However, am I correct in thinking that:

1) There are no models for 'company veterans' outside the old space marine company command set (in which you have two models)?

2) These models are just regular marines, with a little bling - the kind I can get from my upgrade sprue?

3) And that they've dropped to 14pts?

If so, looks like I might be waving goodbye to crusader squads, and welcoming some vets...

Overall very happy. This is the first time in 8th I've thought that a release reflects something about BT that I can get behind.

Side point - are we seeing more evidence that OG's are being replaced in the troops slot, but being maintained long term as elites? Gives hobbyists a project (upgrades) and keeps their plastic relevant?

Hopefully everyone else will find their BT special place too :D

Archived