New techpriest model in Kill Team

MajorNese

I like this. It's subtle, helpful, but isn't broken, and doesn't tread on Tau too much. There's a price for it in movement, and it's an aura.

Interesting thought: Bolster Warriors with boxing bots: Movement 8" + 1" (Bolster) = 9"  Charge range 2D6" + 1" (Bolster) + 3" (Cybernetica Cohort Strat) = 11" average... potential turn movement of 9" plus 16" charge (best case) = 25". Those are some fast Boxing Bots!

1st turn charge is quite plausible.

Personally I like him because the Tech Priest Dominus often felt like just overlap with Cawl. the problem is this guy can't be used for the Servitor Maniple HQ so I'm still stuck using one Dominus for sure.

The range increase is a very welcome surprise. Making Dakka Bots & Plasma Servitors 42" is going to be so clutch and adds so much more to a gunline then a stupid tax enginseer.

Even if the weapon ranges aren't improved from KT, as long as they don't just add useless points bloat i'll be fine.

Interesting thought: Bolster Warriors with boxing bots: Movement 8" + 1" (Bolster) = 9"  Charge range 2D6" + 1" (Bolster) + 3" (Cybernetica Cohort Strat) = 11" average... potential turn movement of 9" plus 16" charge (best case) = 25". Those are some fast Boxing Bots!

This is really nasty too. Not to mention the Flamer hits you'll likely get along the way.

15" Electro Gauntlets or faster priests is pretty gnarly too.

It'd be interesting to know what YOU guys think it is the right price before we know the price GW gives to Manipulus (30 to 90).

For me, 60 sounds right. 50 is a steal 70 is a bit expensive.

Below 70pts and  i would be pumped ! Would certainly run 2, 1 in each respective Battalion. Just not sure which ForgeWorlds would benefit from him/her the most. I'm leaning towards Mars Backline Units.. and possibly tossing one into an Agripinaa Battalion alongside the Destroyers. 

I like this. It's subtle, helpful, but isn't broken, and doesn't tread on Tau too much. There's a price for it in movement, and it's an aura.

Interesting thought: Bolster Warriors with boxing bots: Movement 8" + 1" (Bolster) = 9" Charge range 2D6" + 1" (Bolster) + 3" (Cybernetica Cohort Strat) = 11" average... potential turn movement of 9" plus 16" charge (best case) = 25". Those are some fast Boxing Bots!

Personally I like him because the Tech Priest Dominus often felt like just overlap with Cawl. the problem is this guy can't be used for the Servitor Maniple HQ so I'm still stuck using one Dominus for sure.

Can you charge something more than 12“ away?

I'm really liking this addition to the Ad Mech. It's an interesting way to add some much-needed mobility to the faction while not turning the unit into a one trick pony. Want to be more mobile and move across the field faster, no problem. Want to try and hang back and force your opponent to advance thanks to your added range, have at it. Better yet, make it a combination; I can easily see hanging back in the beginning and forcing your opponent to move up, and then flipping the switch on the field to surge forward and infiltrate/teleport in supporting units to create a pincer. I'm still not back to playing yet, so the picture in my mind is wonderful but I'm not sure if it would actually work.

I agree with Brother Cruoris that it might be an Omnissian Staff, possibly S+2 AP-1 D2?

And probably re-roll 1 to wound for shooting.

WELL WELL WELL... I even got the name right.

Ignore the second sentence, it was a momentary delusion.

Reasonably happy so far.

What is up with that antenna?!

And it’s the crappy red brittle plastic. I regret ordering it from eBay now, would rather wait 6 months for a grey one.

Edit: very kind seller allowed me to cancel my order.

One of the main reason why I magnetize my bases for (eventual) transport. Once a model is locked down on a metal plate attached to a tray it has nothing but air to cushion it. But even with that, yeah, this mini is going to be prone to all sorts of bits and pieces breaking away. I'm looking at it as more of a starting point for converting and kit-bashing.

Archived