New techpriest model in Kill Team

MajorNese

Seeing how GW is working for a (too) long time, I think that they are done with admech (sad for us, including me). The most needed thing is a transport solution and ....termite is there but FW only. (and damn expensive in real money!!!).

With all that have been more or less officialy anounced, we are facing a looooooooooooooooooong time before new admech release: GSC, Slanesh, CSM, Vigilus 2 , Primaris wave 2, sisters, ... We got an update with vigilus formations and new HQ. We should be happy.

My only complain is that they didn't synergize well Admech and IK (and I think that they won't update it).

We'll see. At least they haven't entirely forgotten AdMech - there have been releases sprinkled inbetween other armies, unlike the other former mini dexes. Harlequins were never meant as a standalone army, and GSC not until now.

Competitive scene is something else IMO - lots of people might like the army, but certain tournament settings (esp. mobility) are just painful for AdMech. Doesn't mean people can't have fun on a random pick up game, and there I did have quite some success in recent times, so they're not too bad.

Not a fan either. As others have already pointed out, if that is the real pts tag the Manipulus is a poor choice as long as it does not get a discount.

Of his 2 galvanic field abilities, I do not really like the one that requires him to remain static: regardless of its potential (situational) buff, anything like that further adds to the static playstyle of AdMech, which is both boring and limiting. I do not think that, design-wise, this is the way to go with special abilities for this army.

Overall, all of his abilities/buffs seem excessively complicated. I like refined interactions in the game, but not when they add awkwardness and require further complexity in managing auras and movements, in a game which is already incredibly bloated by indetermined, infinitesimal sub-fractions of inches, conga lines, and exploitations of the word "within" and its associated rules.

And well, Manipulus is a really silly name, but I could live with that :dry.:

Well I picked my GW Pre order up and put the Manipulus together. Not a bad kit really, but I didn't put any of the 'rear' antannae on. It just felt like snap-city if I were to transport this guy anywhere. Even the front arms are a bit scary.

I do really like the model though, but with my terrible magnetization skills I did a a wonky job on the arm. I just really wanted a choice with both weapons.

I tried him in a semi-competitive setting yesterday in 3 games, utilizing him alongside some Fist-Bots, E-Priests and a Terrax. His 2 damage flamer weapon was actually not bad & the bonus move was pretty nice, not sure if it actually made a difference though considering Stygies 9" move strat. Look forward to trying him in a Cawl-star, Im sure it will actually get more mileage in a build like that, buff a first turn move then shooting distances second round till late game. But man o man.... is 90 pts ever expensive for what he actually does.. :/ 

So i'm playing at the next round of heats which means being forced to play in the colours im painted in  (a white and electric blue scheme)  which means to the letter of a rules  white == Metallica ...  :-( this makes me sad.

To make the most of my lot i intend to run this Guy  as a movement buffer  ( everything in a metallica list advances with very little penalty)

Even my dakka robots with the manipulus strat should be able to run forward ... i'll even be taking the  ad mech metallica trait to let guys fall back and shoot like ultramarines ... No locking up my robots ;-)

I’m seeing pictures on social media pointing out that behind the keys on this techpriest is a floppy disc (the plastic shelled sort, not the card ones that were actually floppy). Some truly ancient archaeotech!

Said picture:

810xup04qee21.jpg

That is amazing. That must only have enough STC data for a blueprint of a spoon or something. :tongue.:

Spoon is common technology. But maybe they find the sacred STC of the spork. That would improve the effectiveness of imperial cutlery by 33% (removing the need of one out of 3 devices) - imagine all the baneblades they could build with the saved material... :happy.:

Ive been mucking around with him innthe servitor formation (6 with plasma/flamer) added to my normal imperial armies. The extra 6" on plasma and more importantly 3" on flamer is really good. 2d6 pick highest against chargers from 11 or less? Also meand anything deepstriking in that range gets toasted with strategem to fire against reserves. With GSC around the corner im really liking this unit. Been playing as agrippina to bring the unit back when its almost dead. Also good to get out of combat if wrapped, return at full stregth then nuke the unit that was in melee

• 2 weeks later...

I played him today. Kitted him out for melee with extra dendrite relic and prime hermeticon. Promptly shot orcs off table. Didn’t get to really use him like I wanted. Plus to move was nice, range didn’t matter because of situation of game.

Used his flamer weapon. Was ok vs tough 4 orcs.

All in all the dominus with reroll 1 shooting is huge, better at 90 points. For the same points as dominus I’ll try him out some more before I decide on his worth.

Finally the model is super fragile. As in roughly picked him up and bent one of the spines. Very easy to damage.

50mm, like the dominus.

The moment you realise you have used the wrong base size for years now...

I never knew the 40mm base on the TPD was an error. Thanks for increasing my auras range :smile.:

I received a Dominus with a 40mm base once, it was my second Dominus so I knew something was wrong. I took it to a local Games Workshop and they replaced the base without a fuss.

Archived