In Service of the Death Lord - DuskRaider's AT Project

DuskRaider

Just a little update... I'm nearing completion on the Warlord. I decided that since I had the Plasma / Arioch Warlord lying around for my next vow I would paint up the weapon options with this one so that was out of the way. I'm about to finish the gold trim then I have to wash and highlight it and it's on to little things here and there and it'll be done. So hopefully by the weekend I can show you all Charnel Glory in all it's... glory.

Sounds great - and those are some lovely, lovely titans you have painted! Kudos and well done!

Have you played games with them yet? I am interested in hearing your thoughts on the performance of the Warhounds? I have only painted two, and gone kind of mono-tasked with them, with one being armed with twin Vulkan megabolters and the other with a laser destroyer and a plasma blastgun.

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas

Unfortunately, I have not yet played a game. None of them are on their bases (though I suppose I could set them on the base for a game) and my two other friends who have AT forces are slackers. I guess there's a small community at my FLGS but I have little time to get out and check.

As far as armament, I was tempted to go with a twin-Mega Bolter Warhound myself but I figure with at least three to a pack I have enough to collapse shields and then some more powerful weaponry to cook the meat inside. I am eager to try them out, especially with Mortis' free movement phase at the beginning of the game.

My next vow will include two more Warhounds, I'd like to eventually run a Lupercal Maniple.

Spoliari Gloria complete

This is one model I've been eager to complete, not only for the Event but fluff and modelling wise as well. Charnel Glory is my Princeps Senioris model and in my backstory one of the first trio of Warlords to be produced by Mars. This has resulted in some... experimental... Spirit Machine programming early on, resulting in an almost feral and predatory Titan. I tried representing this by giving the Warlord a slight hunch as if he's stalking the battlefield. I envision this God Machine occasionally taking to battle equipped with twin-Arioch Claws to tear it's foe apart in close combat.

I'm still fleshing out a backstory for my Princeps Senioris but I do have a lot of ideas and also intend to model him as well. 

Kfv6meVh.jpg

LTvAUnah.jpg

lWiP9aVh.jpg

1f8m0Jbh.jpg

T7J9ouyh.jpg

2QpdTbHh.jpg

2Iahg6jh.jpg

o3WJbkVh.jpg

As you can see, I've fully magnetized all weapon options. I'm not happy with the rear hatch and I'm thinking about going back over all of the ones I've done thus far and just doing them black instead. 

I've also been working on the bases and hopefully they'll be done fairly soon so I can move on to my next vow!

Thanks! No, they haven't been varnished yet. I'm waiting until the bases are complete until I do that.

I'll most likely go back over the hatches soon. I figure black ala the rest of the mini would work.

FINALLY. With all of my vow (and all of my AT models painted thus far) based I can call my first vow complete. I honestly can't believe I got these done so quickly. But don't worry, there's more!

zRJy70z.jpg

WhvZ0Ei.jpg

3Er6VM5.jpg

ssbVgzY.jpg

25DRwEn.jpg

ff3RWG0.jpg

And for the halibut, here's all of my completed models:

R9WELer.jpg

And for my next vow:

8S2Wocq.jpg

That's another Warlord, two more Reavers and three more Warhounds. Names pending.

Ooft, that Warlord looks mean!

Have you got any plans for the base?

Keep up the good work.

Dallo

Edit: looks like we posted at the same time. Guessing that's what you're doing with the base. :p

That's a mighty gathering of Engines you've got yourself there.

Edited by Brother Dallo

Thanks brother!

Yup, they're done with cork cut (roughly in some cases) in the shape of the base, then I slap a layer of Astrogranite on. I prime it after that because in previous experience it seems to peel off otherwise and then I paint from there. Like I said prior, I probably should have made some sort of road or something to give more of a city feel, but I didn't think of it at the time and I'm not going to start now.

Oh, more news... Tuesday I should be receiving a goodie from Forge World. I ordered the two available Titanicus Realm of Battle tiles in anticipation of the two that were shown at the Weekender (hopefully to be released soon). I also picked up some more Civitas boxes so I can build some uhh... buildings for the tiles.

Excellent force; you've absolutely nailed the menacing Mortis look, and the new bases look great and well scaled. Blows my mind that you smashed them all out so quickly!

Looking forward to seeing the RoB tiles. Are you going to try and future-proof your civitas buildings for the new spires?

Thanks! I'm definitely having a lot of fun with Titanicus but after this next vow I think I'm done until something new is released and / or the Death of Molech book really catches my eye (and even then they need to release more Knights). I have some more cool stuff coming for the next set of bases, so hopefully in a week or so I'll be able to start on those as well but I still need to assemble pretty much everything but the Warlord (which I've already begun painting) for my next vow.

Yeah, I'll definitely be future proofing the buildings and I may hold off on painting until the Spire box is released. They look so awesome, it really adds a whole new feel to the Civitas buildings.

Congratulations on completing the bases - this is a truly impressive collection and more so when one considers the time frame you build them in... 

And now another vow including a Warlord? WOW! Good luck Princeps, papa Nurgle looks kindly upon you! :lol:

P.S. I think, that if Knights is your next area of focus, only good things will come your way! :yes:

Well if it makes you feel any better I'm almost halfway done with the third Warlord, lol.

Thanks for the kind words, Cap.

And like I said, I'm definitely down to do a Makabius force (I mean, I did do one in 28mm lol) but only if GW expands the Knight range, and I mean beyond just Questoris and Cerastus. I really want to see the various Acastus and Mechanicum Knights make an appearance, not just for rules but for variation.

Edited by DuskRaider

Thank you, brother. I'm just about done with the third Warlord... I'm just trying to get over the gold trim hump which is not easy. I tried one of those empty acrylic paint pens and it was completely useless so it's back to the fine tip brush. Ugh...

The AT boards came in, I'll try to get some pics up. I haven't done anything with them and I ha EA yet to assemble any buildings which is a real problem considering I'm supposed to play my first game of AT Friday.

Regina Phantasma complete

pMsR8hah.jpg

fr0ZBUah.jpg

vW5kvVph.jpg

xThLVvRh.jpg

37SikRxh.jpg

And Spoliari Gloria as I've pictured it in my head for some time now...

jUEdC8Ah.jpg

Finally, I realized I never got individual pictures of my first two Titans here's the following:

Castrum Osseum

bHFo1Zdh.jpg

Canticum Gravis

TQOXXFWh.jpg

Thanks guys!

As far as the fingers, you get four options for the Arioch Claw. Two bent fingers, two straight fingers, two bent claws, two straight claws and then the thumb. I opted not to use the thumb and instead used the extra claws. I thought it looked off having four claws and then a regular thumb and this way it looks more menacing.