Sanguinius & Weekender Schedule

Joe

HI all,

Here at the hotel after a long day. Wow. First time going to a 40k* event like this.

Started with 2000pt game at Warhammer World and then came to the event. Couple tidbits of information to relay and help paint the mosaic:

A. Dreadnought Drop Pods are back

B. Only Crimson Paladins and Sanguinius are for sale at the weekender. My greatest charms at gleaning info from staff about Sanguinary Guard et al have been dutifully and professionally rebuffed.

C1. Sanguinus model for sale and the Limited Edition base is seperate/add-on. No one has seen the LE base and their very tight-lipped about it.

C2. Based on the assembly guide for the Sanguinius model, you are instructed to not attach Sangy's left hand if you are using the LE base. No idea what that means, but let the rampant speculation being.

C3. The assembly guide shows 2x different weapon options: 1) The Encarmine Blade in hand, empty scabbard 2) Spear of Telesto in hand (in place of Encarmine Blade) with the hilt of the "Moonsilver Blade" in the scabbard. No idea what the Moonsilver Blade is and it looks kind of like a (fancy) normal sword, as compared to the more intricate looking Encarmine Blade

D. While at WHW prior to the vent, I spoke with someone who works in a department of GW Corporate* that provides credibility to the following: Lion El'Jonson is a long way off. He is definitely last (if we did not guess that already) and certain said departments have not even seen anything come through for him yet. When I asked if White Scars are in Malevolence, this person simply raised an eyebrow and commented that they did not know for sure because they had not personally seen the finished book, but their work had been due to go in there and all their deadlines were delivered so it would be "odd" if they were not. Take that for you will <shrug>

*the exact department is anonymous to protect the individual, but they would have seen with their own eyes certain aspects of things

E. One of the friendlier sales staff said Malevolence will be out in March, but they were not allowed to say exactly which day in March (seemed annoyed about having to hold it back).

F1. Crimson Paladins supposedly have "fancy swords" for rules...from a secondhand source

F2. When I plied FW staff about the Crimson Paladins rules, I was told that they were guaranteed to have "at least 1A each." Cheeky.

As my first (and perhaps only) GW/FW/HH event, I am going to attempt to soak it all in first and foremost, but will certainly attempt to update and provide whatever color commentary I can. Feel free to PM me with any questions and/or inquiries for authors/team members that you may have and--while I can't promise anything--I will do my best to get what answers I can.

For Baal.

-Indy

"B. Only Crimson Paladins and Sanguinius are for sale at the weekender. My greatest charms at gleaning info from staff about Sanguinary Guard et al have been dutifully and professionally rebuffed."

And the NL Praetors, Leviathan Dread & Dice!

Quick collage of all the noise on Facebook:

Some notes:

White Scars:
- Unique units are Terminators, a Javelin variant, and a jetbike pattern
- Khan has rules for both on-foot and on jetbike
- Only two characters, Qin Xa and ???

Custodes (and only custodes, no sisters)
- Full army list with all of the recent additions
- Aim is to rebalance the army
- Sagittarium guards guns are now assault (were: heavy)

Legiones Astartes:
- 5 new consuls (dread consul, 2x psyker consuls, 'warmonger' consul, tech marine-y consul)
- Updcated rules for destroyers
- A sizeable number of generic new units, including some infantry

I'll believe it when I see it...

Much of it is being confirmed by Garro, so there you go :wink:

Do we have a firm date for Malevolence yet?

No.

All we have heard is ‘March’, and those here who have ordered it will have it around 1 week before it comes available for order. I would expect mid-late March for general release but nobody is elaborating further than March.

My impression, and others I have talked to here have independently gleaned the same feeling, is that they generally expected to have the book on hand this weekend, but logistics beyond their control prevented it. It sounds like they are quite literally stuck in a ship hold in a port in England somewhere.

I like to think Somali pirates boarded the cargo vessel, and are all now playing 30k - but that’s just me.

2 years ago we had a similar situation with Inferno, stock was on a boat and wasn’t going to get to the event in time. So FW did a smaller order and paid extra to have it flown from China so it was available at the event. Everyone appreciated that, and kept the conversation away from how the book wasn’t there. Instead now we have an event where they’ve known the book wasn’t going to be here on time long enough in advance to switch around seminars and release schedules out to the public in advance, but couldn’t get a small run of books and get them on a plane? Yes it may be expensive, but it shifts the conversation people are having. Most people have paid £80 for a sheet of paper and a squiffy timeline of when they’ll get their book, and a lot of people are talking about how they expected the book to be here to buy and how disappointed / irate they are it isn’t. At a Weekend where they released Sanguinius, one of the more eagerly anticipated models since the series was announced, just as many people are talking about the lack of a Black Book that was widely expected to be here. Heck, even I haven’t seen one of the couple of open copies floating around here.

Sometimes I just overthink things.

I work in a big logistics company and can tell you that worse things happen in the world of transports. :wink:

And definitely in the hotel business (where I work)...even when they're a global chain of hotels... :)

All it takes is one human that can't be trusted to organise their own sock drawer

All it takes is one truck which is to late and the ship is gone which means we get the book a month to late.

@Hotels I bet you can tell wonderful stories. :)

@Hotels I bet you can tell wonderful stories. :smile.:

Yeah, the anecdotes I could tell... :P

Back on topic-ish: FW replied on FB that they aren't planning a return of the Mk II armour set models...even though the SW preator is in Mk II, and the SW javelin crew has Mk II, and almost all the legion pin-ups as well... :(

I mean.

unknown.png

Given CAD Mark II now exists I'd say it's probable that we'll see Plastic Mark II. I suppose the alternative is we get a few hundred people from the B&C to email FW/spam them on social media about it. Hell, I'd organise a campaign to that effect.

I mean.

unknown.png

Given CAD Mark II now exists I'd say it's probable that we'll see Plastic Mark II. I suppose the alternative is we get a few hundred people from the B&C to email FW/spam them on social media about it. Hell, I'd organise a campaign to that effect.

Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease be a mk II box. Please.

Archived