Sanguinius & Weekender Schedule

Joe

Me too.

So, how long should we wait before starting flaming FW with Emails?

Yesterday! :P

the FW guys dismissed the concept of starter boxes in plastic when asked about mk2 in the seminars. said that with their resin products being aimed at the more mature gamer/modeller, the start collecting boxes are more GW domain.

"Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams." - W.B. Yeats

Even just a £50/ £60 box with Ten MkIII tacs, some Cataphractii and the HQ clampack would be nice at this point.

£30 for ten tacticals alone is just so expensive for what you get.

I'd say include the contemptor but that kit is awful.

the FW guys dismissed the concept of starter boxes in plastic when asked about mk2 in the seminars. said that with their resin products being aimed at the more mature gamer/modeller, the start collecting boxes are more GW domain.

Doesn't that go against the post on the previous page?  Was it a "dismissal" or a "wink wink"??? 

Clarification needed as I went from "elated" to "depressed" in the span of 30 seconds. 

I'd certainly vote with my wallet if we got plastic Mark II. An entire White Scars army (and possibly DA eventually too) would inevitably follow - armies I'm not going to do if Mark II isn't readily available.

This for me as well. GW even went as far as to say that Calth and Prospero were some of their best selling boxes so I have real trouble understanding why they were done away with. I'll be honest, before this weekender showing actual progress on the HH line I honestly thought that both GW and FW were actively sabotaging it or trying to softly dip out of the game. 

I hope to see more progress in the future as I am a huge Heresy fan and would like an excuse to spend money on FW again. 

Oh, btw, forgot to add (and not sure if anyone else said it already):

Next 30k/HH FAQ coming out "soon."

...they had a draft copy at the event (I personally did not get to look at it) that they were planning to release within about 2 weeks of this Weekender....but based on interaction and live feedback from those in attendance they are going to further tweak/clarify things, hence the "soon" part.

That is direct from Anuj's mouth during that last Q&A session, heard it with mine own ears. This is the "new" FW, which to me, I find promising.

Only content I can remember it contains is a Destroyer point reduction, with squad going down to ~115pts and jump packs to 5/model (straight from Anuj) and supposedly Magnus and Sigismund being brought back down to Terra since they were considered just a bit too much (2nd hand information from someone at the even who read it).

New F&Q, interesting...

Since Malevolence allegedly contains new consuls and units for every legion (much hype here)... what do you guys think is coming?

From what people have said:

Consuls:

Artificer - Master Crafts Heavy Weapons in Squads

Warmonger - Between a Centurion and Preator

Keeper of the Dead - Like a Praevian for but Dreadnoughts

Two types of Psyker Consuls - one is definately "anti-psyker"

Units:

Anti-Daemon/ Psyker unit with Psyk-Out Flamers

Breacher unit with Powermauls that have Deflagurate - meant to repel boarding actions from non-Astartes

Destoryers - while not new, points reductions and potentially new wargear will make them much more attractive and viable.

Really hoping that they gave Abaddon a bit of a fix. He was pretty bad right from the beginning when Book 1 was released, and badly needs a tweak.

Very doubtful. He'll no doubt get a revisit when SoH are covered again with some luck.

For what it’s worth, I had a friendly chat with Anuj after the last seminar, but before the closing ceremony. It was a casual conversation as I was about to head out and he was clearly relaxed after a long weekend (no doubt!).

They are absolutely considering revisiting characters down the line, aka up-daemoned Horus, Sanguinius 2.0 at the eternity gate, etc... and also are not opposed to making rules for popular characters that they have not already (like Azkaellon or Jubal Khan). The issue is that characters have to fit into the narrative they are telling in each book...they won’t do a book about Segmentun Obscuras and then pull a “meanwhile, in Segmentun Tempestas...” just to shoehorn in a character’s rules.

On Daemon Horus specifically he said the concern there is that he only fought 2 guys: Sanguinius and the Emperor....so it would be silly to make full rules for that. More of a theoretical based on what we know in the lore right now rather than a sweeping statement before the novel series comes out, so don’t take that out of context. The point being that “regular” Horus is the profile of the dude that would have been found on many many a battlefield while daemon Horus was for s limited period and much more of a commander in orbit then on the line. Sanguinius-at-the-Gates, in contrast, would make for a perfect tabletop scenario since he would presumably have faced every type of existing model in the game during his endeavors. Again, don’t take this alas a guarantee, but rather what considerations they take into account.

As for The Emperor on the tabletop...

It is a far more complicated matter than it may seem. “Some people feel that the Emperor should never be represented on the tabletop as he is more a part of the setting, almost like the chaos gods.” Things and considerations like that they have been mulling over (speculation on my part but I got the hint that maybe the late Alan Bligh was in the “no Emperor model” camp).

If (emphasis) they were to do it, a fun idea he liked was that The Emperor had the baseline human profile with all 3s, Ld7, etc... but then had insane special rules.

Again, all hypothetical and stuff they talk about over beers, etc...

But any of this stiff is so far off that they haven’t done anything with it beyond notes and “hey, wouldn’t it be cool...” since they are focused on current FAQs, Book 9, and the fact that they are 1/3 through and a lot of re-visits would probably be whenbtheyre 2.5/3 way through*.

*exception being earlier released Legions they feel have aged worse than others, but it would be a scalpel approach as opposed to a sledgehammer

Doesn't that go against the post on the previous page?  Was it a "dismissal" or a "wink wink"??? 

Clarification needed as I went from "elated" to "depressed" in the span of 30 seconds. 

I'd certainly vote with my wallet if we got plastic Mark II. An entire White Scars army (and possibly DA eventually too) would inevitably follow - armies I'm not going to do if Mark II isn't readily available.

This for me as well. GW even went as far as to say that Calth and Prospero were some of their best selling boxes so I have real trouble understanding why they were done away with. I'll be honest, before this weekender showing actual progress on the HH line I honestly thought that both GW and FW were actively sabotaging it or trying to softly dip out of the game. 

I hope to see more progress in the future as I am a huge Heresy fan and would like an excuse to spend money on FW again.

I was the one who asked Tony about mkII. It was neither dismissal or wink wink. He accepted it was a gap in the range that needed to be looked at but gave nothing else away.

I also asked about a return of legion specific torsos but his response to that was noncommittal

Really hoping that they gave Abaddon a bit of a fix. He was pretty bad right from the beginning when Book 1 was released, and badly needs a tweak.

Very doubtful. He'll no doubt get a revisit when SoH are covered again with some luck.

Erm, why would it be very doubtful? If they're going back and giving characters like Sigismund a tweak when no book on the Imperial Fists is in sight, why on earth not Abaddon? Terrible logic.

As for Daemon Horus, Alan Bligh had said that he did want to revisit Horus' rules after Molech, I spoke to him about it in detail due to my obvious fanboydom, so I hope the FW team change their mind down the track. There are even a couple of references in the black books to Horus fighting on the front lines more and more as the Heresy progresses. At the very least, even if they don't change his rules, doing a new model for him to represent his appearance later in the Heresy (which they've mentioned numerous times as a possibility for when the range is complete) would keep me happy, but I certainly don't expect that in the near future.

Right, after reading up on all of this ... let us hope the best for the future of the Heresy line.  *fingerscrossed*

One thing that irks me though:  If the Custodian Guard gets a revamped and optimised army list which apparently does not include Sister of Silence, at least according to the rumours, how does one use the girls then ? Allied detachment from the 'old' Talons list ? Not at all ?

Would be nice to have some input on that, for those of us who run girls and (golden) boys together.

Archived