+++ Muster of the Unforgiven +++

Grotsmasha

My participation in last year's ETL was cut short by a rather expected and joyous event: I became a father of twins. None the less I managed to squeeze in one more model, an out of competition entry of Veteran Scout Sergeant Naaman, or at least my version of him:

med_gallery_96682_12924_312510.jpg

To commemorate this event, this year, hopefully i'll be able to squeeze in the real McCoy:

med_gallery_96682_12924_45265.jpg

Well, due to an observation that was made during the tournament today, I do know my second vow will be having Sammael in it.

Why am I vowing Sammael if I already have him? Well, I own the METAL one. And one of the players at the tourney brought his Tau, and brought (but didn't use) a Tigershark. The metal Sammael weighs slightly more than a Tigershark. Yes, really. We actually had myself, the Tau player and a third person hold both models in each hand.

So the metal one is going to become a display piece and never see the gaming table again :lol:

Just pin everything. Seriously I cannot stress that enough. I'd also invest the time in magnets for the sword arm and flying stand.

I'm increasing the size of one of my vows with a squad of terminators. Found some ancient suits on the forgeworld of EB4Y Prime. After I've seen so many classics on the last few pages, it compels me to throw in some heavy metal as well. These will be fun, although really tiny.

gallery_92826_13417_116337.jpg

And I managed to get the Supressors in a pose without those horrible flight stands. Not quite perfect, but it's alright. The pose of the sarge looks less awkward in person.

gallery_92826_13417_144930.jpg

gallery_92826_13417_49776.jpg

+++ARE YOU BORROWING A CHAPLAINS SKULL HELM? UNAUTHORIZED USE WILL ONLY MAKE THINGS WORSE. Like no biscuits with your tea+++

+++ARE YOU CLAIMING I'M POSING AS A CHAPLAIN, BROTHER? IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED TO SAY SUCH PREPOSTRIOUS WORDS IN PROXIMITY OF THE ASPIRANTS. LET'S CONTINUE OUR DISCUSSION IN OUR REGULAR CELL. DO NOT DESPAIR, I SHALL BRING THE BISCUITS.+++

Edited by GreyRavenC

I'm increasing the size of one of my vows with a squad of terminators. Found some ancient suits on the forgeworld of EB4Y Prime. After I've seen so many classics on the last few pages, it compels me to throw in some heavy metal as well. These will be fun, although really tiny.

gallery_92826_13417_116337.jpg

Always great to see some of the excellent old Terminator sculpts! They are not that tiny in comparison to the new ones though. Or did you put them on 25mm bases? :ph34r.:

Always great to see some of the excellent old Terminator sculpts! They are not that tiny in comparison to the new ones though. Or did you put them on 25mm bases? :ph34r.:

32mm, it seemed a nice compromise. They are pretty tiny, even my old tacticals are larger than these guys.

Edited by GreyRavenC

Okay, so my Deredeo and Apothecaries showed up, they've been washed, cleaned and assembled to the point where I can prime them, I just need to ask one question:

Cap, does it matter if the model is PRIMED multiple colours? For example, my Deredeo will be mostly primed black, but one knee pad and the head will be grey, as I'll be painting those Deathwing Bone coloured instead of my standard black.

This is quite important to me, because the Apothecaries need their backpacks and Helix shoulder pads primed grey because they'll be white.

Okay, so my Deredeo and Apothecaries showed up, they've been washed, cleaned and assembled to the point where I can prime them, I just need to ask one question:

Cap, does it matter if the model is PRIMED multiple colours? For example, my Deredeo will be mostly primed black, but one knee pad and the head will be grey, as I'll be painting those Deathwing Bone coloured instead of my standard black.

This is quite important to me, because the Apothecaries need their backpacks and Helix shoulder pads primed grey because they'll be white.

Prime everything bar those items, and do the small alternate colours once your vow is made :tu:

I think I'm going to repent for my previous transgressions (failed ETC vows). A LOT of unpainted miniatures are sitting in the closet and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to pick something appropriate like a full Tactical Squad or something. Hmm, could be possible to vow the Anvil Industries' Black Ops Fireteam as a DA Reivers or Infiltrators?

Prime everything bar those items, and do the small alternate colours once your vow is made :thumbsup:

Mod said what I was thinking, not me :lol:

I have updated my vow... With the motivation of the rest of us I want to make sure we nail our first vows.

So to that I have added

3 Suppies and 3 Aggressors

So in total

1 Vanguard Master

5 Infiltrators

5 Intercessors

3 Aggressors

3 Suppressors

I am hoping to do all this in a month and all going well I will be doing another vow of similar size.

Come the 1st I will get all mine undercoated red, recess shaded and soft armour done. I am pretty excited to get to the Suppies and Aggressors

Edited by Lieutenant Arkley

Some progress on my vow. Just some assembly steps completed. Need some advice though.

Do I:

1. Fully assemble the interior so I can heat it all and bend to shape in 1 go, then paint.
  2. Half assemble the interior and potentially have to heat/shape twice, but paint easier.
  3. Leave as is and paint all of the interior separately then fully assemble/heat but have to touch up a fair bit after.

Conundrum!

med_gallery_3547_15435_356988.jpg

Some progress on my vow.  Just some assembly steps completed.  Need some advice though.

Do I:

1. Fully assemble the interior so I can heat it all and bend to shape in 1 go, then paint.
  2. Half assemble the interior and potentially have to heat/shape twice, but paint easier.
  3. Leave as is and paint all of the interior separately then fully assemble/heat but have to touch up a fair bit after.

Conundrum!

How often will you be able to look into the interior?

I say 1 Get it all fitting nice then paint. Nothing worse than having to touch up.

I say 1 Get it all fitting nice then paint. Nothing worse than having to touch up.

To be honest not very often.  I may well go that route and just basecoat, wash and drybrush with a few details picked out.

To be honest not very often.  I may well go that route and just basecoat, wash and drybrush with a few details picked out.

I get pimping out the interior but you want it to look the best so fixing it into shape seems the best use of your time?

I get pimping out the interior but you want it to look the best so fixing it into shape seems the best use of your time?

You are of course probably right. It also allows me to do more pre-work before the vow date by assembling the interior first.

You are of course probably right. It also allows me to do more pre-work before the vow date by assembling the interior first.

I can't wait to see you nail this G8Keeper... :) No pressure :P