+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

Yes, I've done it! The Libby Dread is complete for the ETL :cool.:
Sure, I did took some shortcuts, some things could have been done better, some things can still be added. But I'm really proud, that I've managed to complete him Today. With that, I'm halfway through my 1st vow.

med_gallery_105306_14251_399985.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_463750.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_1176880.jpg

I will add some better quality pictures Tomorrow.
For Sanguinius, Brothers!

Edited by Majkhel

I Demoulius, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete 5 jump pack assault marines with powersword sargeant and 2 plasmagunners, 3 inceptors with assault bolters and a Slamguinius captain (jump pack, storm shield and thunderhammer) and a Librarian dreadnought with heavy flamer; for the total value of 507 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Succes will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the oathbreaker unil the year-end.

Great to have you back Deoulius - good luck with it! Oh, and don't forget the "before" pics. :wink:

Reporting Inceptors completed:

Hidden Content

gallery_105306_14251_225484.jpg

Some more pictures in my WIP thread.

Now I guess I'll get to the Libby Dread. And I need to speed up a little because this Indy is so right:

...the endless finishing touches that go on forever until one reminds himself that the skill of an artist is knowing when to stop.

:smile.:

Those are AWESOME!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I spagunk rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete one Sternguard Veteran Squad of total value 134 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

gallery_40907_9492_28773.jpg

Welcome to the event Spagunk - really looking forward to seeing these Sternguard as they will certainly stand out from the crowd!

Alright, even though I said I wouldn't take part ... I think I'll find enough time to finish a vow from mid july on. So here goes nothing!

I sfPanzer rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete 1 Vanguard Librarian, 1 Primaris Lieutenant with Powersword, 3 Suppressors and 1 Repulsor (Twin-Las, Lastalon, Ironhail Heavy Stubber, Fragstorm grenade launchers, Onslaught Gatling Cannon, all the Storm Bolters) with a total value of 599 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me and the Knights of Baal eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

VSI04fdl.jpg

6Ikbd3zl.jpg

(got the OK from Captain Semper for this one as it's only primed and the red blocked in to decide where I actually want to paint it)

As Blood Angels, never let it be said we shy away from a challenge! Even from mid-July you should have more than enough time to knock the models out in your effective scheme. Just keep positive and thanks for the assist :tu:

I Demoulius, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete 5 jump pack assault marines with powersword sargeant and 2 plasmagunners, 3 inceptors with assault bolters and a Slamguinius captain (jump pack, storm shield and thunderhammer) and a Librarian dreadnought with heavy flamer; for the total value of 507 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Succes will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the oathbreaker unil the year-end.

Nice to have you on board again Demo :) The plasma RAS is an interesting choice and one we don't see much, it would be good to hear about how they get on in battles at some point.

It's already been menioned, but you can either edit the post with the image or quote/reply with it. If you need a hand, let us know

gallery_48988_15465_772766.png

+++ETL VII - WEEK 2 UPDATE+++

OK, so we’ve reached ETL VII Week 2. Let’s see where we stand.

Week 2 results:

E TENEBRAE LUX VII – Week 2
Faction/ForumParticipantsVowsPoints pledgedAvg. Vow Completions CRSCRAdeptus Astartes 124 135 89,715 6751,892 2.1% 40 Space Marines 414430,086684 811 2.7% 22Blood Angels 28 2823,359 8340 0.0% 0 Dark Angels 36 42 20,633 491 1,081 5.2% 57 Space Wolves 19 19 15,637 854 0 0.0% 0 IFOR 40 43 16,043 373 1,542 9.6% 148 Adepta Sororitas 5 5 2,286 457 0 0.0% 0 AdMech 7 8 3,221 403 902.8% 3Astra Militarum 13 13 4,759 36633 0.7% 0 Imperial Agents 4 5 2,443 489 892 36.5% 326 Grey Knights 3 4 1,536 384 238 15.5% 37 Deathwatch 8 8 1,786 223 289 16.2% 47 Realm of Chaos 55 55 35,186 640 0 0.0% 0 Chaos Space Marines 51 51 33,122649 0 0.0% 0 Chaos Daemons 2 2 871 436 0 0.0% 0 LatD 2 2 1,193 597 0 0.0% 0 Xenos 21 21 13,100 624 45 0.3% 0 Aeldari 3 3 2,461 805 45 1.9% 1 Necrons 7 7 3,690 527 0 0.0% 0 Orks 5 5 1,621 324 0 0.0% 0 T’au Empire 6 6 4,847808 1,032 21.3% 220 Tyranids 5 5 2,765 553 55 20% 1 AoD 21 22 26,259 1,194 2,530 9.6% 244 AoD-L 12 12 15,297 1,275 1,040 6.8 % 71 AoD-T 9 10 10,962 1,096 1,490 13.6% 203 Total ETL VI 266 279 182,530 654 7,096 3.9% 276

BLOOD ANGELS:

It seems that the BAs had some successful recruitment in this second week – that’s good news. BUT, with 28 participants they lag vs. the SMs and the DAs not to mention the CMS. The BAs have proven they can perform magic, but it’ll be way better to not need it. And if the “magic” is to work at all, i.e. make up the lack of participants with an avalanche of re-vowing, well, you need to start this ASAP. That means completions. And so far you have none. Food for thought…

Week two is done as as you can see, we are rumbling along steadily considering where we are - numbers could be higher (and will creep up during the next week), but our completions arne't a concern as they will come next week too. So keep plugging away, and if you're reading this and unaligned, why not throw your hat into the ring? the sooner you start, the better :thumbsup:

Always great to see such impressive work in our forum! :happy.::happy.:

The red armour is done on most remaining infantry. On to the details next to get them finished before I switch to the vehicles.

AgF4N0d.jpg

Impressive work so far with the batch painting, how is it feeling so far?

And airbrushed the main colours:

c0hcFB2.png

Brushwork will have to wait until later this week. :smile.:

Really dark start, I guess that helps with the shadows?

Someone give me a prod to post a WIP pic during daylight hours in the next couple of days? Ta.

Here:

lNO8h7u.jpg

Another swift start :smile.: What's the next stage for you?

Got a little bit of progress going on. The libby dread is starting to take shape, one arm is just about done and the halberd arm is about halfway done. The main body has gotten a little bit of work on the not-armored-frame.

Additionally I finished airbrushing my Astraeus so it's ready to get the brush once I've finished up the libby dread.

gallery_85034_14559_47698.jpg

gallery_85034_14559_11185.jpg

Hoping to get a little more progress done this weekend, fingers crosed.

Coming along great also. If I didn't already ask, what colour blade for the Librarian Dreadnought and are you going for some barrel burn on the Astraeus?

Lots of RL stuff and it's damnably hot so it's hard to sit in one place for a longer period of time. But slowly getting there :smile.:

med_gallery_105306_14251_505736.jpg

What's left to do here? :ermm: The odd knee pad, squad markings, etc?

62500497_386888258606606_147890817804848

Progress!

Never noticed the studs on the model before. Is this the standard FW Contemptor or a Legion one with modifications?

Obligatory WIP photo.

gallery_60109_14893_184253.jpg

I know it looks like I've only base coated the legs - which is mostly true. I've also spent a load ot time filing, bending and test fiiiting the torso assembly so that it's ready to assemble.

With all the rain, spray coating time has been limited but hopefully more progress will happen this weekend.

Aww, I do love an obligatory WIP :wub: You're too kind to me.

I can only imagine how much prep work this takes given the age of the mould. Will you be having the weapons fixed or interchangeable? There are some great guides online for magnetising titan weapon but it involves taking a drill to your expensive FW model... :unsure.::unsure.:

Predator almost done. Only edge highlights and headlights to go.

3is0ADm.jpg

Again, a very tidy and fast technique on display. Any tips you can share would be greatly appreciated :smile.:

Speed painted the scouts to the most basic tabletop standard because I thought I might field them last night (though real life intervened).

Think the curse of trimming/molding has become apparent- it looks good enough until the paint goes on! (So I think I will rework the legs as well as tidying up the paint)

gallery_124500_15401_1569787.jpeg

Maybe it's the fact that I'm on a desktop atm, or maybe it's the zoomed in picture, or perhaps it's the painting, but it's only just clicked how you've achieved this and it is simply inspired. The poses that the models have because of it is so unique and they are all acting very "Scout-ish" because of it. Eagerly awaiting the next update!

Made serious, serious progress on all 4 dreads I vowed. One DC Dread is close to completion, one more layer to go outside of basing and the endless finishing touches that go on forever until one reminds himself that the skill of an artist is knowing when to stop.

Not frickin’ bad, if I may say so myself, considering I spent a mere day* on them!

*though it was almost an entire sunny summer Saturday sacrificed

It's worth it, sun is overrated :whistling: Seriously though, would love to see an update when you have a sec :smile.:

Reporting Inceptors completed:

gallery_105306_14251_225484.jpg

Some more pictures in my WIP thread.

Now I guess I'll get to the Libby Dread. And I need to speed up a little because this Indy is so right:

...the endless finishing touches that go on forever until one reminds himself that the skill of an artist is knowing when to stop.

:smile.:

Yeah, still can't tell what you needed to do ...

Finished One of Two Contemptors sans Weapons.

64523326_464108421059417_341043849528868

Fantastic weathering on the legs and the yellow missiles are in interesting choice and something you don't see - they offset the model well but are subtle.

As an aside, I used one of these in my previous game with quad lascannons and it was popping things left, right, and centre. Definitely a Contemptor Mortis disciple going forward.

I'm still struggling along with my Infiltrators, I can't get past the feeling gnawing at me that the model is unfinished, the right shoulder looking like a pad is missing and the skull shortage. Also finding I'm hating their 'modern' bolters, they are a mess of detail that adds nothing to the model. Hoping to have them finished by early next week though (to a good enough standard I can put them away, maybe revisit them if I end up using them regularly.

Would you like to post a picture? Maybe another point of view could help you out :smile.:

Yes, I've done it! The Libby Dread is complete for the ETL :cool.:

Sure, I did took some shortcuts, some things could have been done better, some things can still be added. But I'm really proud, that I've managed to complete him Today. With that, I'm halfway through my 1st vow.

med_gallery_105306_14251_399985.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_463750.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_1176880.jpg

I will add some better quality pictures Tomorrow.

For Sanguinius, Brothers!

Seems we are blessed with Librarian Dreadnought conversions this year! How did you do the halberd?

Keep it up, lads! Meanwhile, I've fallen to Chaos and ordering my paints for my Daemon Prince... Hoping my painting motivation comes back after my paints get here. Barring that, I'll Contrast through the rest of my current ETL vows when my paints get here.

Everyone gets motivated by different things; some can plough ahead with their vow(s), some require breaks, rewards, and alternatives along the way. Don't do what works for us, do what works for you and if modelling some Chaos in the meantime is that then great :smile.:

Libby Dread progress:

This one is looking very smart as everything is so delicately done in that photo. Luther's red does look like a great start point :smile.:

Even from mid-July you should have more than enough time to knock the models out in your effective scheme.

That's the nicest way someone called me lazy so far ... welp it's true. :biggrin.:

Not at all, just merely attempting to take any pressure off. I'm a slow painter too and i think I could manage it, so that's my benchmark :smile.:

Edited by Jolemai

Jolemai, I'll be painting the blade on the force halberd with the new warpstone green contrast paint. Hopefully it will come out nice!

As for the Astraeus I may try to do burnt barrel ends, but I've yet to try it before and it will come down to if I have enough time to practice elsewhere first.

Yeah, still can't tell what you needed to do ...

No worries, I can list what was done between those 2 pictures :smile.:

- highlighted jump packs

- one more highlight level on the armor (selective edgdes picked-up with almost white)

- Guns tidied-up and edges highlithed

- power tubes painted and shaded (metal ones) or highlighted (blue ones)

- Bases - metal structures shaded, tanks colored and shaded, broken screens painted, Black Legion symbol painted on the Rhino doors

Seems we are blessed with Librarian Dreadnought conversions this year! How did you do the halberd?

The Halbered was built using

- Original Librarian Dread Halberd,

- a piece of plastic tube (I think it was from a drink ubrella or something. Anyway, definitely came from my kitchen)

- a piece of old flat plastic base. Let's call it plasticard - from this I cut the shape of the main blade

- a broken piec of a Sanguinary Guard sword for the tip.

Original Halberd was drilled and joined with the plastic tube, with a lenght of paper clip inside. The ball ending the halberd (with the blood drop) went to the end of the tube (also drilled and stabilised with wire). I also cut out some of it so I can fit the new blade easier. Some of this can be seen in my WIP starting from here.

Blade's shape was cut form the plasticard, and the psychic circuitry carved using a knife. Those were then painted gold.

Edited by Majkhel

Please ignore the desert game table. it's currently set up for an on-going series of Desert Rats versus Afrika Korps games, my 40k games are normally played on a greenish or urban table...

So the Eliminators came to life a little with basing and decals, I'm still not in love with the models and if I cared more about them would probably go back and add some more lens effects and edging to the guns, but I really don't want to draw attention to that part of the model:

elim1

I think I'm going to call them done for now and move on to the suppressors.

And airbrushed the main colours:

c0hcFB2.png

Brushwork will have to wait until later this week. :smile.:

Really dark start, I guess that helps with the shadows?

Besides having a relatively (grim)dark red colour scheme for my Angels, the bad lighting, phone camera, lack of highlights and a very light background don't help I'm sure. :laugh.:

Obligatory WIP photo.

I know it looks like I've only base coated the legs - which is mostly true. I've also spent a load ot time filing, bending and test fiiiting the torso assembly so that it's ready to assemble.

With all the rain, spray coating time has been limited but hopefully more progress will happen this weekend.

I can only imagine how much prep work this takes given the age of the mould. Will you be having the weapons fixed or interchangeable? There are some great guides online for magnetising titan weapon but it involves taking a drill to your expensive FW model... :unsure.::unsure.:

Yep, all just for your Jol.

Prep work you say, a mountain I say! The cast looked ok on first inspection but there are a number of slips and warps that mean it doesn't go together perfectly.

I am cheating though, that slip you can see on the upper leg will be covered by an armoured plate so I just don't need to bother fixing it.

I hadn't thought about magnetising the weapons, FW discontinued this kit so it's not like I can get the correct alternates other than at extortionate cost from fleabay so I think it's an academic point as this stage.

Painting the crew now, before weathering the cockpit and the legs. Then assemble torso, paint and weather it - I have talked myself into doing dazzle camouflage too :ermm:

gallery_60109_14893_9039.jpg

Cheers

LM

Obligatory WIP photo.

Yep, all just for your Jol.

Prep work you say, a mountain I say! The cast looked ok on first inspection but there are a number of slips and warps that mean it doesn't go together perfectly.

I am cheating though, that slip you can see on the upper leg will be covered by an armoured plate so I just don't need to bother fixing it.

I hadn't thought about magnetising the weapons, FW discontinued this kit so it's not like I can get the correct alternates other than at extortionate cost from fleabay so I think it's an academic point as this stage.

Painting the crew now, before weathering the cockpit and the legs. Then assemble torso, paint and weather it - I have talked myself into doing dazzle camouflage too :ermm:

gallery_60109_14893_9039.jpg

Cheers

LM

First Lamenters and now dazzle camo ... you must really be hating yourself. :D

WIP update! Sorry for potato quality pics...took them on my way to work this morning lol. Sicarans are almost done for ETL standard:

gallery_70131_10318_1936328.jpg

I need some advice/recommendations for my captain. He is getting a thunder spear like his brother, but I want to change up my power weapon scheme for my leaders/golden bois. I'm leaning blue for leaders and red for the guard themselves. Thoughts?

gallery_70131_10318_1122626.jpeg

That is the WIP of the CPT. Oh, he'll have marble too :)

gallery_70131_10318_17116.jpg

Magic! Lol jk. So I primed white, then wrapped some steel wool around it unevenly. Then sprayed black through it. Then I sprayed just a little white along the lines to widen the lines and add some others. And just some tiny dots on it. Then refined the white lines with a brush (doesn’t show up well in the pic). Then sprayed a candy coat of blue (or orange then red) on it, then cut back in with black to deepen the shadows.