+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

I Redshadow rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete 33 models (listed below) of total value 1446pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Captain 124pts

Jump Pack, Storm shield, Thunder hammer

Primaris Captain 86pts

Master-crafted auto bolt rifle, Power sword

Primaris Chaplain 77pts

Primaris Librarian 101pts

Force sword

Intercessor Squad 85pts

4x Intercessor, Auxiliary grenade launcher, Bolt rifles

Intercessor Sergeant, Chainsword

Intercessor Squad 85pts

Intercessor Sergeant, Chainsword

Intercessor Squad 94pts

Intercessor Sergeant, Power fist

Primaris Ancient 69pts

Primaris Apothecary 68pts

Redemptor Dreadnought 161pts

Heavy onslaught gatling cannon, Icarus rocket pod, Onslaught gatling cannon, Two storm bolters, 2x Storm bolter

Redemptor Dreadnought 161pts

Heavy onslaught gatling cannon, Icarus rocket pod, Onslaught gatling cannon, Two storm bolters, 2x Storm bolter

Hellblaster Squad 335pts

9x Hellblasters, Plasma incinerator

Hellblaster Sergeant, Plasma pistol

med_gallery_49024_15514_258537.jpeg

med_gallery_49024_15514_240059.jpeg

med_gallery_49024_15514_74770.jpeg

med_gallery_49024_15514_82436.jpeg

med_gallery_49024_15514_268089.jpeg

med_gallery_49024_15514_219086.jpeg

med_gallery_49024_15514_276742.jpeg

med_gallery_49024_15514_92827.jpeg

med_gallery_49024_15514_88587.jpeg

med_gallery_49024_15514_62621.jpeg

med_gallery_49024_15514_116167.jpeg

A huge vow there Redshadow and one I'm looking forward to seeing complete - especially your GBBO candidates :wink:

Any tips on how to tackle something like that without getting overwhelmed?

I ,Thoridon, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete the following units of total value 2099 points on or before September 1st, 2019:

1x Stormraven (Twin Lascannon, Twin Multi-Melta, 2x Hurricane Bolters) - 282

1x Land Raider Excelsior (2x Twin Lascannon, Grav Cannon, H-K Missile, Multi-Melta, Storm Bolter) - 438

1x Rhino Primaris (Twin Plasma Gun, Orbital Array, H-K Missile) - 176

1x Land Speeder Storm (Heavy Bolter) - 78

5x Scouts (Heavy Bolter) - 63

5x Scouts (Missile Launcher) - 75

5x Scouts (5x Snipers, 5x Cloaks) - 80

1x Librarian Dreadnought (Furioso Fist, Meltagun) - 174

5x Tactical Marines (Combi-Plasma, Plasma Gun) - 87

5x Assault Terminators (5x Thunder Hammer, 5x Storm Shield) - 205

5x Tactical Terminators (1x Cyclone Launcher, 5x Storm Bolters, 1x Power Sword, 4x Power Fists) - 203

1x Jump Pack Captain (Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield) - 124

1x Jump Pack Captain (Thunder Hammer) - 114

gallery_93000_15516_572761.png

Mostly still unprimed. The couple of models in a dark red are primed in a Vallejo surface primer.

I've double checked the points with CA18 and they should all be accurate. I figured it was time to work through some units I've had in the painting queue for a while...

Edit: Total points should be 2099 (I forgot to include the 2 pts per SS on the Terms when I posted).

What a vow. Mr Yellow is having some challengers to his crown i see :wink:

Love the Lord Executioner conversion for it's subtlety and it's great to see the WHW Command Tanks in action - we still require painted ones of those in the Photo thread for the guide/UotW series...

Where will you begin?

I Spyros rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete 3 characters of total value 224 on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

1) Lieutenant with Jump pack, plasma pistol & power fist - 92

2) Lieutenant with combi-plasma & chainsword                - 71

3) Techmarine with boltgun, power axe & servo-harness  - 61

Unknown available time, so... starting with something modest and way overdue. Kit-bashed lieutenants from GBBO and one of the old ones, a metal techmarine! These three probably represent the last original astartes characters that I 'm going to paint, meaning that the possible following vows will be primaris astartes!

Glad to see you here Spyros :smile.:

One the one hand I'm happy to see the GBBO entries but no more regular Astartes? :cry:

How are you planning to paint the Lieutenants? Hopefully mine will appear in a later vow and as I often remark how similar we paint things, I might have time to make changes haha

I ,Arkhanist, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete the following units of total value 663 points on or before September 1st, 2019:

Intercessor Squad 89pts

4x Intercessors, bolt rifles

Intercessor Sergeant, bolt rifle, auxilliary grenade launcher, power sword

Intercessor Squad 89pts

4x Intercessors, bolt rifles

Intercessor Sergeant, bolt rifle, auxilliary grenade launcher, power sword

Hellblaster Squad 165pts

4x Hellblasters, plasma incinerator

Hellblaster Sergeant, plasma incinerator

Hellblaster Squad 165 pts

4x Hellblasters, plasma incinerator

Hellblaster Sergeant, plasma incinerator

Redemptor Dreadnought 155 pts

Heavy onslaught gatling cannon, onslaught gatling cannon, two storm bolters, redemptor fist

I've a couple more minor conversions to make before priming this lot, such as the redemptor storm bolters, but ready to pledge. (the blue ones are easy-to-build plastic). I'm normally a slow painter and this is an ambitious pledge for me; I've planned some shortcuts including using my airbrush and Contrast, so wish me luck!

BdurQJA.jpg

Ark, really happy to see you back and you have nothing to prove after last year. As a slow painter myself I see this as a doable vow - just relax, take your time, and enjoy yourself :smile.:

Much larger contributions from me this year. Hopefully I can knock this out in three months!

I Dont-Be-Haten, first of his name, Sanguinary Noviate to the Carmine Blades heed the call of the E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete the following 4 units, totaling 13 models with a points value of 30 PL, 426points, on or before September 1st, 2019: success will bring honors to the Carmine Blades, and the Blood Angels, whilst failure shall shame me with the title oath breaker for one calander year. "For the Angel, for Haldroth!"

HQ: 127 points

Librarian in tactical dreadnought armor: force axe, combi-melta

Troops: 155 points

5 man bolter scout squad

sergeant combat knife/chain sword

6 man tactical marine squad

1 plasma gun

Sergeant combi-plasma, chainsword

Elite: 144 points

Furioso dreadnought: Blood Fist, Heavy-Flamer, Frag-Canon.

Total 426 points.

Hidden Content
gallery_92746_14190_238069.jpg

Quite a nice start what with getting the smaller stuff out of the way :thumbsup:

Will your GBBO Winner make the the event or do you wish to take your time there? (I know it will depend on your time, etc, if you vow again, etc...)

Edited by Jolemai

I The4thHorseman rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete:

2x [Relic Contemptor Dreadnought]

Cyclone Missile Launcher

Twin Lascannon

Twin Autocannon

Total: 436 Points

61781984_674623862960159_167470551505095

61905486_298403871038991_487269915246460

on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Hnngghh :wub:

I do love some Forgeworld :wub:

One thing I did was to glue on the central part of the CML and magnetised the barrels. Whilst this looks cool, the main reason was that I can swap them out for smoke launchers when I run my Contemptor as something else. Is that something you'd consider doing? (yes, it's a faff but that's me :smile.:)

Edited by Jolemai

I Slothysaur rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels Forum and vow to complete 1x Astraeus Super Heavy Tank equipped with Twin Lascannons / Two Las-Rippers / Two Ironhail Heavy Stubbers at 734 points and 1x Librarian Dreadnought equipped with a Meltagun at 154 points of total value 888 Points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is complete, that shall be my penitence.

gallery_85034_14559_37502.jpg

gallery_85034_14559_50207.jpg

Speaking of FW :woot::woot:

We're also waiting on of those in the Photo thread for the guide/UotW series so the slot is yours if you get it done (and post it on a neutral background...)

What scheme will your use and wrt the Librarian Dreadnought, will there be any blue bits?

I Silas7 rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete:

• Primaris Chaplain worth 77pts
  • 3 man Aggressor Squad w/ boltstorm and frag launchers worth 111pts
  • Relic Contemptor w/ Kheres assault cannon, Dreadnought combat weapon + stormbolter worth 167pts
  • Relic Contemptor w/ Twin Lascannon, Dreadnought Chainfist + Graviton Blaster worth 203 pts
  • Relic Leviathan Dreadnought w/ Stormcannon array, two Heavy flamers, Leviathan Siege Claw + Meltagun worth 297 pts

With a total value of 855 pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

For the Angel!

gallery_93928_15461_381850.jpg

:ph34r.: Ran out of my primer:ph34r.: More is on the way :thumbsup:

I do love seeing that starting pic :happy.::happy.:

Really interested to see how these develop, don't forget the WIPs please!

I keeblerartillery rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete 1 librarian dreadnought, 2 relic sicaran battle tanks with heavy bolter sponsons, and a captain with jump pack, TH/SS of total value 636 pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_70131_10318_96894.jpg

gallery_70131_10318_257661.jpg

Also, you can see I have some guys ready for a second vow when these guys get done :wink:

Oh my word that is a tasty vow - that Librarian Dreadnought conversion and those Sicarans done in your scheme too? zomg. Please keep up updated with this one.

Will there be any marble effects, or do we have to wait and see?

Time for me to wade in and defend my crown (let's make sure this doesn't become a thing for me).

I MrYellow rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete 1 Lucius Pattern Scout Titan of total value 2000 pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

And here it is in the garage with the basecoat going down:

gallery_60109_14893_569299.jpg

Cheers

LM

:huh.::eek::drool:

As mentioned, that's our first ever Titan entry - I don't think I could manage it and I do wish you all the best.

Will this be done to your Lamenters scheme or something else? As for your crown, you're in third place on points pledged so there will be a fight for is ;)

I Hintzy rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete one Librarian Dreadnought of total value 142pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

-Librarian Dreadnought - 142 pts

f6RzLUjm.jpg

Just keeping it small to begin with for my first ETL.  I'll be moving house in July, so we'll see how that interferes.  I do have 20 Intercessors which will hopefully be added in second and third vows.  If nothing else my small vow will contribute to the completion percentage, right? :happy.:

Welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy your first ETL experience with us :)

The winning margin from last year's ETL was 0.1% of total vows (or 300 points or so) which blew the argument that small vows were meaningless out of the water. Anything completed counts so just do what you're comfortable with and we'll love you for it :)

Ask questions, keep checking the thread to keep up your motivation levels, and be inspired.

Oh, and what parts will be blue? On mine, it's the front plate, knee pad, and weapon parts.

Quite a nice start what with getting the smaller stuff out of the way :thumbsup:

Will your GBBO Winner make the the event or do you wish to take your time there? (I know it will depend on your time, etc, if you vow again, etc...)

I've thought about it and I want to add him to the second vow if possible. He's going to take longer to paint so he might make it in, he may not. The main thing here is I want a librarian for next year FoB and I've done a chaplain, captain the previous two FoB.

My second vow if I have time will be some bawkses. But let's not put the cart before the horse or rule out Tycho.

I bushman101 rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels and vow to complete :

1 Vindicator and a 7 man Reiver squad

of total value 251 pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

gallery_52622_15539_1031824.jpg

Welcome and that Vindicator does indeed look good - what bits did you use to tweak it and how will you paint the siege shield?

I Mostwanted rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete one Captain with Thunder Hammer, Stormshield & Jump pack, one Chaplain with Powerfist and Jump pack and one Primaris Lieutenant with power sword of total value 297 pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_27153_15548_243818.jpg

Welcome aboard and thanks for giving us your time; no vow is too small and everything will count as we try to defend our three titles. Just keep relaxed and enjoy yourself - the point of the event is to get things done (the competitive part adds a bit of spice, that's all) whilst being inspired and to provide inspiration along the way. We're all in this together as a community and being involved may even spur you on to greater achievements :smile.:

What a vow. Mr Yellow is having some challengers to his crown i see :wink:

Love the Lord Executioner conversion for it's subtlety and it's great to see the WHW Command Tanks in action - we still require painted ones of those in the Photo thread for the guide/UotW series...

Where will you begin?

I did like the look of the Executioner's axe but with Thunder Hammers being so strong it made sense to switch it over. I'll paint his chest before gluing the arms in.

I've nearly finished a Scout squad and the Tactical squad. The plan is do do all the infantry in batches of around 10 at a time by hand, then move on to the vehicles at the end with the airbrush (for the main coverage and shading).

One thing I'll do with ETL this year is finally come up with some detailed basing I like, not just the temporary green paint with a tuft of grass. Trying a few ideas to see what I like. Once I have something I'm happy with I'll apply it to the rest of the army after ETL has ended.

If I can get this vow done before the end of the month I'll switch to smaller top-up vows for the rest of the event.

Pretty sure I commented on this last year but the speed you work at and the quality you put out is incredible. Any tips for those of us who wish to speed up?

Hey Jole, thank you for kind words! :rolleyes: Good to have you back with us!

I would never call myself a fast painter, but I think I have managed to divide my vows into manageable and diversified chunks. Not too much infantry allows me to usually complete a single step in painting for a squad in a single session. Whenever I sit down to painting, I expect to be able to spend at least 30 minutes on it. Preferably more, but no less. Sometimes I even manage to sit down to it twice a day! 

Whenever I get tired, I can change from infantry to a vehicle or walker, or switch colors (thank you Codex for differently colored helmets!). Also, working with washes allows for a pretty forgivable, quick and nice effects that can be consistently applied over several miniatures. And it is easy to correct without drowning the detail in paint :P

I've also recently watched several videos that gave me a lot to think about on painting techniques in general :)

Glad to see you here Spyros :smile.:

One the one hand I'm happy to see the GBBO entries but no more regular Astartes? :cry:

How are you planning to paint the Lieutenants? Hopefully mine will appear in a later vow and as I often remark how similar we paint things, I might have time to make changes haha

As far as characters is concerned, yes, I got now more than enough of all kinds...

Blood Angels Command

It's time to move on, and the Rubicon is upon Baal already!

The lieutenants will have red helmets, left shoulder with chapter badge will be black like all my sergeants and captains, and right shoulder will bear the company design like the banner is, not just the yellow drop of 2nd company.

I Slothysaur rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels Forum and vow to complete 1x Astraeus Super Heavy Tank equipped with Twin Lascannons / Two Las-Rippers / Two Ironhail Heavy Stubbers at 734 points and 1x Librarian Dreadnought equipped with a Meltagun at 154 points of total value 888 Points on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is complete, that shall be my penitence.

gallery_85034_14559_37502.jpg

gallery_85034_14559_50207.jpg

Speaking of FW :woot::woot:

We're also waiting on of those in the Photo thread for the guide/UotW series so the slot is yours if you get it done (and post it on a neutral background...)

What scheme will your use and wrt the Librarian Dreadnought, will there be any blue bits?

I'm planning on putting some blue on the force halberd arm, this way I can still swap arms into a furioso if/when they make a comeback.

Sounds like I better hurry up and get the Astraeus completed, there's even more at stake now haha

I, Lynnean, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete 112 models (listed below) of total value 2776 pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Captain with bolter & chainsword

Libby with stave + bolter

Sanguinary priest with bolt pistol

Chaplain with bolter

2x lieutenant with bolter

Company ancient

3x10 tacticals with lascannon & plasmagun

3x10 tacticals with heavy flamer & flamer

2x10 tacticals with missile launcher & melta

1x10 tacticals with missile launcher & plasmagun

1x10 tacticals with heavy bolter & flamer

Libby dread with heavy flamer

Libby dread with storm bolter

Siege dread with twin lascannon & inferno cannon

Mortis dread with 2x missile launcher

Smashcaptain

Totaling 2776 points

Looking nice lads! Im currently working on basecoating my 100 something lads red

That sounds really exciting and what a monster of a vow that is! Keep checking this thread and our forum for motivation and inspiration, it can certainly be done in the timeframe!

... however, we really need a starting picture to go with your vow. Can you get that up as soon as possible please? Either reply or edit the vow post :tu:

Posted em in the prep thread and in my gallery as well! Will fix it when at pc

Hey Cleon, always a pleasure seeing you on board :smile.:

I feel you with your camera woes. There might be something in our Photography forum that could help with it :smile.:

As for the vow, how will you begin?

It's just a case of remembering to set the camera back to normal after I play with it to do something that involves playing with the settings - I was in a bit of a rush as I wanted to get them out for priming - I'd been out on the Nature reserve last time I'd used it.

I've got them all primed and base sprayed Mephiston red, I've started on the Infitrators but I won't really get much done for another week or so.

Checks date...

Checks time...

Checks date again...

Confused that no other vows are in already...

Ho-hum, tally-ho and all that whatnot!

I Leonaides rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete 4 primaris lieutenants (3 power sword/1 stock) and 2 captains with jump packs (1 th/combi melta and 1 relic axe) of total value 527pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Hey Leonaides, that's a lovely vow right there. However, we do need a starting picture in this thread (apologies if you've alerted Semper to this being elsewhere, etc, as i've been offline).

Oops - having just edited in an image of my starting marines i find myself in a pickle. I appear to have used up some leftover black on a few bits of one of my lieutenants (back right of image) so he's probably out of vow now. Should I replace with either a non-primaris Lieutenant with power sword (not shown but i will riad the bits box), or a primaris phobos lieutenant (as shown in photo adjacent to offendingly painted model)? Thoughts? Phobos captain is using stealth mode to also appear now but will possibly make an appearance in a later vow (will be re-photographed for that though)

gallery_19254_15444_157136.jpg

Edited by Leonaides

Not much has happened on the painting front: Basecoats on the hellblasters have been touched up, Mephiston has had the first few colours blocked in, and the Death Company have had their weapons and crosses painted red.

I BlackSky rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete 13 models: 

1 Mephiston, Lord of Death
1 Librarian Dreadnought, w. Furioso force halberd, Furioso fist and Storm bolter
5 Death Company, w. Jump Packs, Bolters, 3 Chainswords and 2 Power swords
5 Hellblasters, w. Plasma Incinerators
1 Predator, w. Twin Lascannon and 2 Lascannons

QRfLwib.jpg

A total value 755pts.

To be finished on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.
Isn't this your first time with us too? It is actually really nice to see your love of the BAs return and it will be pretty cool to see this done considering your usual standard. All the best :smile.:

I've dropped by since 2008, and even took part in one of the first ETL's!

Been spending some time dabbling in forbidden heresies, perfidious xenos and strange magical realms, bound together by massive portals.

Blood Angels, however, have been near and dear to my heart ever since I was but a neophyte at life, and time and again I find myself gravitating back towards this finest of chapters.