+++Blood Angels Outpost+++

My warhound has its basecolours in caledor sky and white, can i still add it to my vow or is it too close to completion? :tongue.:

I think the rules said that dual-basing was fine for Titans.

Fair. I might pledge it as my second vow then!

Great red there :tu:

The scratching on the base, that's to help it stay attached, right? As for the painting handle, would a blob of blue tack suffice?

Yes I score just about every contact point to give the glue more to grip, it wasn't as noticeable before the primer. I have some old poster tac i could use but I think it's dried out, maybe I can rehydrate it?

The red is mostly army painter color primer, which when I go about priming the other dreads i think I'm going to switch it up and start with a black or grey then do a semi zenithal with the red primer. The reason is i think I over primed the BA contemptor and have had some problems getting additional layers of paint to stick.

@ Brother Lemartes: A hefty and much needed vow there! A few more like this and the situation in the Astartes camp might reverse. Heck, the entire ETL might take a different turn! Welcome aboard brother!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Quick update from me.

My Captain and Lieutenant have had their base coat airbrushed on. Made good progress with my Chaplain. Still got a fair bit of work to do on the black highlights. Need to add decals and some other highlights and do the jump pack.

gallery_27153_15548_195210.jpg

It's been a couple of productive evenings.

Mephiston is done and ready to join his brothers in high command.

JtgCJzo.jpg

woe9yhQ.jpg

The black parts of the Predator are done.

TXtceM4.jpg

The Death Company have had the red on their weapons and crosses blocked in.

2z478xi.jpg

The basecoat on the Hellblasters is done. The black and golden parts have received the first coat of paint.

1xw3KZj.jpg

A little WIP from me as well - Hellblasters are nearly done:

gallery_105306_14251_278352.jpg

I've spent second evening in a row building up their highlights, taking a break from those to do their heads and pouches and putting texture on their bases.

Now all that is left are final highlights on the armors, maybe some chipping, finishing up their eyes, hihlights and corrections on weapons, shading and highlighting bases, highlights on pouches, decals, company and squad markings and purity seals.

OK, so they are not nearly done... but getting there!:whistling:

EDIT: I somehow managed to loose their original heads somewhere so now they got a mix from Inceptors, Aggressors, MK IV and Intercessors :P

Edited by Majkhel

Aye, even if you're away or busy in June, if you vow a single model before the end of the month deadline it means if you're going to have painting time in July/August you'll be part of the ETL and able to make extra vows then :smile.:

This. Keep those vows coming folks, we need you!

Once I finish this first vow I'll be pledging knights.

If you think you can fit them in the timeframe, then go for it :tu:

My warhound has its basecolours in caledor sky and white, can i still add it to my vow or is it too close to completion? :tongue.:

You can't add to vows so if you seriously want to go down that route, then it would be a subsequent vow. If in doubt about its eligibility, then feel free to drop Semper (or myself) a PM :tu:

Great red there :thumbsup:

The scratching on the base, that's to help it stay attached, right? As for the painting handle, would a blob of blue tack suffice?

Yes I score just about every contact point to give the glue more to grip, it wasn't as noticeable before the primer. I have some old poster tac i could use but I think it's dried out, maybe I can rehydrate it?

The red is mostly army painter color primer, which when I go about priming the other dreads i think I'm going to switch it up and start with a black or grey then do a semi zenithal with the red primer. The reason is i think I over primed the BA contemptor and have had some problems getting additional layers of paint to stick.

Cheers for the info :) How are you going about basing? Only that should cover it without the need for liquid GS (or whatever) :)

WIPs for the WIP-gods! Keep it up folks!

Quick update from me.

My Captain and Lieutenant have had their base coat airbrushed on. Made good progress with my Chaplain. Still got a fair bit of work to do on the black highlights. Need to add decals and some other highlights and do the jump pack.

He's looking really good so far, will you be basing for the event?

It's been a couple of productive evenings.

Mephiston is done and ready to join his brothers in high command.

JtgCJzo.jpg

woe9yhQ.jpg

The black parts of the Predator are done.

TXtceM4.jpg

The Death Company have had the red on their weapons and crosses blocked in.

2z478xi.jpg

The basecoat on the Hellblasters is done. The black and golden parts have received the first coat of paint.

1xw3KZj.jpg

Mep's backpack swap is a nice touch and everything else is looking so neat and tidy. Going to look great when finished :smile.:

A little WIP from me as well - Hellblasters are nearly done:

gallery_105306_14251_278352.jpg

I've spent second evening in a row building up their highlights, taking a break from those to do their heads and pouches and putting texture on their bases.

Now all that is left are final highlights on the armors, maybe some chipping, finishing up their eyes, hihlights and corrections on weapons, shading and highlighting bases, highlights on pouches, decals, company and squad markings and purity seals.

OK, so they are not nearly done... but getting there!:whistling:

EDIT: I somehow managed to loose their original heads somewhere so now they got a mix from Inceptors, Aggressors, MK IV and Intercessors :tongue.:

What are the heads on the Inceptors?

ETL update!

Alright, the libby dread isn't done to my standard, but calling him done for ETL!

gallery_70131_10318_1437769.jpg

gallery_70131_10318_1326423.jpg

And a WIP shot of my sicarans -

gallery_70131_10318_1493938.jpg

gallery_70131_10318_458161.jpg

That Librarian Dreadnought has really come out nice and the marble band on those Sicarans :wub:

How did you get the lines so straight?

Won’t lie 10 days in and I’m struggling to sit for any length of time and paint.

med_gallery_49024_15514_29615.jpeg

Loads of time left....

June is often tough for us painters :smile.:

Adjust and set your goals manageable. Sometimes painting a single step, like shading on a single model is all we can manage. No matter - each steps brings us closer to completion :smile.:

This. To use a cliche, the ETL is a marathon, not a sprint. What matters the most is you being happy with what you achieve and clearing your backlog and it is out job to help and inspire you as you go. Get involved, not only here, but check out the other Outposts and main ETL thread for ideas and whatnot. As Majkhel says, don't worry if all you can manage is one bit a night as it's still progress :smile.:

Quick update from me.

Yes, all 3 models that I've pledged will have their bases done. If I'm not working this weekend I'm hoping to have the Chaplain done. Then I can get on to painting red which I much prefer!

Edit. I am rubbish as doing quotes on here!

Edited by Jolemai
Fixed code

Quick update from me.

Yes, all 3 models that I've pledged will have their bases done. If I'm not working this weekend I'm hoping to have the Chaplain done. Then I can get on to painting red which I much prefer!

Edit. I am rubbish as doing quotes on here!

All the best with those plans and the quoting was fine, just missing a piece of code to finish it off :)

Jol - tamiya tape! Do the marble first, tape it off, then airbrush away! You’ll notice I had a little spillage on one side - not from overspray but I actually sloped my paint from my airbrush onto the sicaran.... Need to fix that later

Ahh, I've heard about that. Should probably look into it for my larger DC vehicles...

Great progress guys - impressive stuff too!

Talking of impressive:

ETL update!

Alright, the libby dread isn't done to my standard, but calling him done for ETL!

Hidden Content

gallery_70131_10318_1437769.jpg

gallery_70131_10318_1326423.jpg

And a WIP shot of my sicarans -

gallery_70131_10318_1493938.jpg

gallery_70131_10318_458161.jpg

This marble effect is totally amazing! Well done sir - colour me impressed!

Now hopefully more recruits will be flocking to the Angel's banner!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Been away from awhile and I didn't notice the ETL was going on while I finished my BA Librarian Dreadnought and Captain.

But I'm assembling a unit of Suppressors at the moment. I can still make a first pledge? And Vanguard units are legal I assume, even though the Shadowspear units are not listed in the first post?

I won't be able to do much in terms of models/points, but every little bit helps right? :smile.:

Been away from awhile and I didn't notice the ETL was going on while I finished my BA Librarian Dreadnought and Captain.

But I'm assembling a unit of Suppressors at the moment. I can still make a first pledge? And Vanguard units are legal I assume, even though the Shadowspear units are not listed in the first post?

I won't be able to do much in terms of models/points, but every little bit helps right? :smile.:

Yes,

yes,

yes :)

Any legal unit for the Blood Angels faction (or successor chapter using the same codex) is allowed, as long as you're using the most recently published datasheet and points for it, which includes Shadowspear - confirmed here.

As long as you make your 1st vow before 1st July, and the models have no more than a single colour coat or primer, you're in :smile.: Feel free to vow them while partially assembled, people vow stuff still entirely on sprues...

And yes, anything you can complete by 1st Sept is always great!

Edited by Arkhanist