ETL VII working thread

Leonaides

A bit more progess tonight - unfortunately didnt manage to get it in time for this weekends update, but I hope to be done tomorrow eve, with plenty of time to do another vow or 2. I've still got half a dozen captains to do so that shouldnt be a problem!

Need to hit these two with the leadbelcher and then run round everyone (the DCD and the fleshtearer Chaplain as well) doing the bone shading and highlighting, while the captain needs shading and then evil sunz red over the top, possibly with a few hints of wild rider on edge highlights.

gallery_19254_15444_21793.jpg

So vow 3 has been completed- pic in main ETL thread for now till I get to my computer. Just about time for 1 more good vow now I think which will leave me vow 5 as a last ditch hail Mary if there is time.

So, assuming i can find the models I'm looking at 2 captain Karleon terminator models, 1 captain with relic blade, 1 phobos librarian, 1 contemptor and 1 redemptor dread. I might try to beg/borrow/steal a few bits to upgrade war'er but that's the outline at the moment. First job- locate second terminator captain.

Edit to show Vow 3 completion pic:

gallery_19254_15444_106919.jpeg

Edited by Leonaides

So - because i'm stupid and always ask "How bad could it be?"...

I Leonaides rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete 1 Terminator Captain with Thunderhammer and Stormshield, 2 Primaris Gravis Captains, 2 Captains with relic blades, 1 Chaplain, 1 Phobos Librarian, 1 Librarian, 1 Contemptor with Kheres Assault Cannon/power fist and 1 Redemptor Dreadnought of total value 1,109pts on or before September 1st, 2019. Success will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_19254_15444_242798.jpg

This is vow 4 now. Just been ticking over with smaller ones. No. 3 was going to be bigger but I couldn't find the models in time and wanted to crack on with what I had so vow 4 had to be bigger.

Progress- redemptor is almost done, gravis capt just needs detailing on sword and a bit of nuln oil on chains and my silver chaplain is getting there too.

nice progress on all of these! just wish I could get through my vows as fast as you!

It's just plugging away at it, an hour here and there, half an hour before bed or whatever. I've got a small tray with painting basics that comes to work with me or I can just grab at home and do a bit in spare moments here and there. As needed I swap the paints out if I want to do another colour on them.

So this week needs to be a big one for me. A weeks holiday coming up on friday means no painting for a big chunk of August. So I need to try to get enough done to allow me to finish vow 4 soon after and maybe give me a week and a bit for a last extra something... updates might be mainly text this week but I'll try and slip something in before the end of the week.

So current sit rep.

Redemptor just needs evil sunz red overcoat,

Redemptor needs shading and evil sunz,

Termie capt needs evil suns and wild rider edge highlights,

1 captain with relic blade base coated and ready for shade,

1 gravis captain finished

1 gravis capt assembled ready for base coat,

Phobos librarian started base coating.

Silver chaplain done

• 2 weeks later...