Blood Ravens IA July

dogfender

I hope it’s true.

I enjoyed the previous Blood Ravens IA and if they do it similar to the Crimson Fists one, I won’t complain

I’d like to see some more hints on their founding and how they have incorporated Primaris into their ranks

Edited by Cyrox

IA: The Other (missing) Thousand Sons? Gimme :biggrin.:

Since we know Dusties can get returned to full faculty (Ynnead, :cuss yeah! :P), I'd love to see in-character snippets from them or even better Ahriman himself, directly recognizing Blood Ravens as kSon stock and Corvydae descendants. Not gonna happen, but I'd love this kind of a shared history bridge to get confirmed between loyalists and traitors.

Edited by Reclusiarch Krieg

I’m more than a little curious about this one myself - had no idea that BR had had chapter tactics before, but hey ho, must have missed it :)

Will be good to see, and maybe (just maybe) lead to a slight expansion on the two official Blood Ravens Models in the whole range. Maybe even sculpted shoulder pads:)

Edited by Toomanyprojects

Have Blood Ravens ever shown up in a real GW campaign like Vigilus, Armageddon, or The 13th BC?

I swear there was something but I’ll have to dig. FW also had Gabriel Angelos for a a while too but was discontinued.

Have Blood Ravens ever shown up in a real GW campaign like Vigilus, Armageddon, or The 13th BC?

I swear there was something but I’ll have to dig. FW also had Gabriel Angelos for a a while too but was discontinued.

Errr..... You sure about that?

I still don’t know what FW were thinking with that head - awful bit

Strong hint about it in one of the Heresy short stories, a member of the thousand sons who remains a loyalist after the heresy ends up hanging around with the white scars for a while. From recollection, was a member of the Corvidae sect whose emblem is almost identical to the BR.

Can only remember generalisations, so feel free to correct me if I’ve got stuff wrong guys!

Who knows what or whether GW decided on any official founding legion for Blood Ravens these days, but a few years ago Laurie Goulding said he knows exactly what's going on with them and that they aren't from the Thousand Sons.

An interesting choice, I’ll admit I’m one of those who was primarily interested in the thousand sons connection, I liked the idea of a fragment of Magnus legacy surviving, plus I love the idea of a chapter who knows their descend from a traitor legion, who after some drama can accept and come to terms with this and stay loyal. I’d hoped GW would take the BR in this direction eventually, but they went in the opposite direction so I’ve largely lost interest.

I’ll give the article a read but I’m expecting a run of the mill article with unknown heritage, lots of psykers and such with the thousand sons connection minimal or absent, but I’m glad GW is doing this for those who who love the chapter.

So this will probably be like the Crimson Fists IA, some lore (rehash of the old, old IA article or something new?  What's happened since Angelos took over the Chapter and the Primaris delivery) a couple stratagems and relics.  I'm hoping for a chapter tactic and an updated data sheet on Angelos, his points value is way too high.

Data sheets for any of the characters like Tarkus would be amazing but there is probably no way, right?  GW has completely moved away from units without models since the CH lawsuit.  Probably a bridge too far.  Would be great though.

I'm also hoping for something like "1 CP: use any relic from Codex: Space Marines" as the ultimate troll from GW.

Strong hint about it in one of the Heresy short stories, a member of the thousand sons who remains a loyalist after the heresy ends up hanging around with the white scars for a while. From recollection, was a member of the Corvidae sect whose emblem is almost identical to the BR.

Can only remember generalisations, so feel free to correct me if I’ve got stuff wrong guys!

If you mean Arvida, he's definitively has nothing to do with the Blood Ravens. He ends up being

Janus, Supreme Grand Master of the Grey Knights

Plus the fact the fleet Magnus sends away (and we haven’t heard from again) was mostly Corvidae sect.

Fleet based chapter with lots of Librarians? Check!

Wonder how they beat the flesh change and/or Rubic

DM

Maybe they dont actually have Magnus' geneseed and were instead given other geneseed and the chapter was simply founded by loyalist Thousand Sons that kept their identity a secret to the new chapter so that the truth would die with them, maybe their founding rights were given by an Inquisitor who kept these Veterans under his service for a long period of time and repaid their services by giving them a new chapter. 

I removed all of the posts that weren't about the Blood Ravens [subsequent to the verification of the article].

Let's keep this on topic, folks. This discussion is about the Blood Ravens Index Astartes article (so discussion of the Blood Ravens and how old information might be incorporated into the new article is relevant).