Codex: Space Marines 2.0 speculation & discussion

Triszin

Did the regular Repulsor also increase in cost?

I think that's too much, if so. They do get a mortal wound missile now.

Impulsors are amazing. 103 points with the invul save, they get gravity backwash too.

It's base cost increased by 30 points. I'm unsure if there were any weapon cost increases for it, but I don't think so. It's also possible that some of it's weapon options decreased in cost.

Impulsors are amazing. 103 points with the invul save, they get gravity backwash too.

It's base cost increased by 30 points. I'm unsure if there were any weapon cost increases for it, but I don't think so. It's also possible that some of it's weapon options decreased in cost.

Is it 215 or 245? If it is 215 then it is no change, that was done in a PDF.

Come on leakers, someone give us all the changes in one easy to read document :D

The easiest to read document is the Codex, so I suggest preordering ;)

Is it 215 or 245? If it is 215 then it is no change, that was done in a PDF.

That PDF was specifically for the Executioner.

The regular Repulsor wasn't affected by it then. Now it is also 215 points.

Edited by Lemondish

Can you get the chapter tactic that allows you to fall back and shoot and also the one that lets you assault if you fell back? Or are those mutually exclusive?

Maybe the 40 point thunderhammer is for Terminator characters? Or because the character protection?

Edited by Trevak Dal

Can you get the chapter tactic that allows you to fall back and shoot and also the one that lets you assault if you fell back? Or are those mutually exclusive?

Not that combo, no.

Edit: For all your ST needs, this post is handy

Edited by CaptainMarsh

Come on leakers, someone give us all the changes in one easy to read document :biggrin.:

Or you could spend time watching the videos yourself, that's where people are getting the info :smile.:

Here's some links:

- apart from the pictures, not the best review. He gets a lot wrong, skips over stuff that's new claiming that it hadn't changed etc. But hey, it's better than nothing.

- again, not amazing but shows the pages.

- as above.

- better review but no pictures of the pages, just artwork and minis.

- I think everything in this is covered in the Codex reviews, but honestly I can't remember. It's all a jumble in my brain. I think this is the source of the incorrect version of Might of Heroes. Edited by Toxichobbit

Come on leakers, someone give us all the changes in one easy to read document :biggrin.:

Or you could spend time watching the videos yourself, that's where people are getting the info :smile.:

Here's some links:

- apart from the pictures, not the best review. He gets a lot wrong, skips over stuff that's new claiming that it hadn't changed etc. But hey, it's better than nothing.

- again, not amazing but shows the pages.

- as above.

- better review but no pictures of the pages, just artwork and minis.

- I think everything in this is covered in the Codex reviews, but honestly I can't remember. It's all a jumble in my brain. I think this is the source of the incorrect version of Might of Heroes.

On holidays, have limited plafon.

Videos would ruin me.

So I appreciate the talk. ;)

Why’d it go up though ?

There has to be some interaction that was picked up in the playtesting that indicated it was too powerful and needed to go up a big chunk. The two Stratagems that specifically call them out do not seem overly strong at this time, but are neat tools either way, and kind of a cool one in White Scars that can let them disembark after a transport moves. 

Nothing else changed points this substantially outside of Gman, the aforementioned Repulsors, and character thunder hammers. So I'm wondering if there's a powerful interaction we're not yet seeing (probably the flipping Ultras again with that Scions of Guilliman nonsense) or it'll become clearer when the more vehicle inclined Chapters get their own supplement.