Iron Warriors with a flu

Presuming you're filling in yellow, adding stripes after, a soft pencil is a good cheat way of painting guidelines to fill in/follow and easily cleaned off if mistakes are made. If the black isn't perfect, the sheen of the pencil below looks like damage too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

It has been a while, but it is time for some updates. During my last couple of matches, these fellows has been a major threat to my enemies. The Deathshrouds killed loads of Tau in my last match and were the reason for my win. The Blightlords has never had their points paid back in kills, but everyone is so afraid of them that they either are the main target or they run away, so I control the middle of the board with them. Typhus has on the other hand never fought in a match yet, so I have no idea if he is good or not, but I did not think he would be happy in IW colours.

deathshroud.jpg

blightlords.jpg

typhus.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

As I already have a Knight in IW colours, I thought a year ago if I shouldn't expand my DG with some Chaos, with the new codex out, the CSM pile looked even more tempting. The first thing I got on the table was the Helbrute, which I can use in both armies. It is a bit cleaner than the DG. After being done with tis mad fellow I think I should go with either a Predator, or a Sorcerer, or maybe a Dark Apostle, which clearly has no use in a DG army and I don't think fit in a IW army.

Cpt.Danjou

helbrute2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So I am drifting more and more towards a cleaner IW force, already had two games with them. The first one I lost against DG the other game was a close win against Tau.

When I started this journey I was very hesitant towards Hazard stripes, but when doing larger models it is not that hard, with some tape. The warpsmith is done, the maulerfiend has some minor things to be done.  And some other Iron Warriors closing in on getting done.

Cpt.Danjou

IMG_20220808_230531.jpg

IMG_20220808_232049.jpg

IMG_20220808_233100.jpg

Edited by Cpt.Danjou
Two of the same picture.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

It has been a while since I posted anything in this thread. As 10th edition are to overpowered right now, I am concentrating on my CSM Iron warriors, and have entered with a terminator in to the "Call to Arms Chaos Stroghold". It may not seem that much, but I am not sure if I will have the time to paint anymore, but we will see. Anyhow here is the primed one.

termi1.thumb.jpg.74a9d413f5755ce9bdabc1224d087889.jpg

And I played around a little yesterday evening and gave him a lick of paint. He is not close to done.

termiwip1.thumb.jpg.457f6a4bdc88b943b345d9a265841bcd.jpg

Now it is time to get the Iron Warriors shine, hazard stripes, and make him look like a guy you don't want to cuddle with.

Cpt. Danjou

• 5 weeks later...

While waiting for some masking tape to arrive at my FLGS, I have fallen even deeper into the cesspit of Chaos, and started to paint up some daemons that are a bit flashier and a bit cleaner than the Nurgle ones. The problem I have with them is I have no idea what to do with the "clothing and what colour I should have on the claws. Hlep plox!

tinywomen.thumb.jpg.36b93e6e8a19e3424bca413170c09065.jpg

Cpt.Danjou

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/14/2023 at 11:47 AM, Cpt.Danjou said:

First Vow done.

termiwip3.jpg.f1ac5e64e7a6f7d6d7a6b44777744956.jpg

Second Vow on its way.

4.thumb.jpg.a8b5247b108f3dde57dedb4b6273216a.jpg

Cpt.Danjou

Wow I know the poses are somewhat to blame but man are the chaos terminator models messed up. The eyelines should at least meet but they aren't even close to that master of executions. Loving that dirty metal though.

On 8/13/2023 at 6:19 PM, Cpt.Danjou said:

While waiting for some masking tape to arrive at my FLGS, I have fallen even deeper into the cesspit of Chaos, and started to paint up some daemons that are a bit flashier and a bit cleaner than the Nurgle ones. The problem I have with them is I have no idea what to do with the "clothing and what colour I should have on the claws. Hlep plox!

tinywomen.thumb.jpg.36b93e6e8a19e3424bca413170c09065.jpg

Cpt.Danjou

How about giving them a metallic skin like that of an advanced android? Eyes could receive OSL. Loincloth can have hazard stripes. Claws could have metallic purple/pink to show Slaanesh allegiance.