Today in Titanicus I...

The beast bases aren’t that big IIRC but rules for a demon prince or that Minotaur boss would be doable. I just think it would be fun to theme it with tiny bloodthirsters :D There’s those new demons for the new AoS skirmish thingy too.

Nice. I think those three guns and one of each warlord kit is a great way to get set up for almost all the weapon options you’ll need.

TIAT I grabbed a bit of time this morning and splatted retributor armour on some stuff. I do the edging first before filling in the panels, so this stage is relatively quick. Various guns for Mortis and Astorum have had this step done now.

For the Cerastus I'm getting 7mm from chin to top of the head, 4mm wide, and about 8mm from nose to the back cables that stick out.  For the Questoris I'm also getting 7mm from chin to the top, 6mm wide, and 6mm from nose to the back.  They sit very differently in the neck join, the Questoris actually glues in from the top of the head and not the back.  I never understood why either, that's very different. 

For the Acastus, width is 11mm, height is 6mm and depth is also 6mm but the head is embedded and comes with part of the front armor, then slightly masked by the ventral armor. Taking that into account, the head, the visible part without armour, is about 5mm (width) by 4mm (height). I advise having a close look at the sprue and 360° view on GW's website.

As im basically losign my hobby space for a month dogsitting (Which will otherwise be fun!) i realised i had some objectives to build for our little campaign weekend mid February. And so a small network of planetary defence silos were built, which will definitely not fall into enemy hands and make everyone not in a titan regret their choice of planet. :D 

Very quick an dirty, but i think situated amongst the defence networks from my siegemasters of baran army they should look good enough!

49462197811_c25311fc61_k.jpg

So these are hot off the printer, B&C exclusives from Faijta Workshop.  

I bought a few clipboards to be easy terrain bases and found these little 6”x9” ones at Walmart. I wanted a little walled garden or mansion that will soon be smashed amidst an engine war so I laid it out. 

F502D9EF 9970 49C6 AAEA 21D63891B521

I printed a pair of 25mm tall lion statues in this marble filament and designed a few fountains to hit with one layer of contrast paint and gloss varnish to looks wet. The new fountain I did has a simple statue of a woman in a robe, I really like it. 

8AAA5654 2B71 49A8 8462 34011D91F37D

D9F014D5 C575 4648 A6E7 5071AF431ED5

61BC3EB6 14E4 4D69 B8F7 C200E49F4E6A

Then I laid out the base of a 1x3 building that will grow in height with a little spire or two. I need to print a wall too, I’m not sure if I can squeeze in a second row to make it 2x3 but we’ll see. 

BBEFEFC1 5E8F 456F BAA0 A25B60ED6C86

A couple of trees?

E173EFC1 01B2 46A7 8E43 D16F3B6A98A8

Edited by Fajita Fan

Cool elements, I love the lions in particular.

I would suggest elevating the building on a platform with stairs (plasticard textured with squares is perfect for that).

Trees, definitely!

Heck yeah, I was going to ask how high you make stairs.  I have plenty of corkboard to lay out as a base for the building, lions, and stairs down the middle.  

How high depends on what you want to achieve. Do you want a true stand-alone building or one that can be combined with others (side-by-side but giving the impression of a single building I mean)?

I tend to factor into the equation the exact height of the basing material I put under the building (e.g. 5mm thick foamboard would lead to 5mm in height) and, if relevant, the height of the adjacent civitas imperialis components or alternative components I use (e.g. if using the tallest civitas components - 43mm - for the corners of the building and the medium one for the door - 30mm - I go for stairs' height of 13mm).

Always best to dry-fit and fine-tune.

One little note: when combining the low and medium height walls you must ensure there is a 1mm space between them otherwise you end up with a combined height of 42mm and can't easily combine with the tall height wall of 43mm.

A little trick is to build the building upside down, starting with the roof, then you can easily align the roof edges

One little note: when combining the low and medium height walls you must ensure there is a 1mm space between them otherwise you end up with a combined height of 42mm and can't easily combine with the tall height wall of 43mm.

A little trick is to build the building upside down, starting with the roof, then you can easily align the roof edges

I didn’t know this, I only dry fit some pieces planning a cathedral.

TiAT I primed and basecoated my first warhound titan. I used some Leachbelcher spray over a black basecoat - it was the first time I used the spray. Now here's the thing: Is it normal that what I got was a slightly reddish tinged metal look? Like it's slightly coppery? I was under the impression that leadbelcher was akin to the old boltgun metal, so a darker silvery-metallic colour? 

I didn’t know this, I only dry fit some pieces planning a cathedral.

I took a pic showing the little difference

gallery_116407_14938_43414.jpg

I think they just overlooked it, and didn't thought about combining different height panels on the same level.

Easiest way is to use a 1mm thick plasticard bit to ensure there is a little gap, or to first align the roof. I found it during my first assembly as the roof was not going into the slit as it as supposed to.