Today in Titanicus I...

LOL @ both of you, some of you guys are closing in on having as many titans as I do.

Am I close? 5 warlords, 2 Warbringers, 7 Reavers and 8 Warhounds? :tongue.:

4 Warlords almost painted

6 Reavers almost painted

1 Warlord (psi-titan conversion) on the sprue awaiting rules

3 Warhounds almost painted

7 Warhounds on the sprue (for an Ember Wolves list)

God knows how many knights, a full household plus many extra (I keep finding them)

Bits for 3 Kaban machine conversions (count as traitor Warhounds)

I have no desire for Warbringers so you'll beat me there.  

Yeah my list is comparable.

4 Warlords (3 Astorum and Penumbral Reaper for Mortis) and a Psi-Titan on the way.

5 Reavers, one of which I haven't built yet.

6 Warhounds - 3 for each Legio

2 pre-ordered Warbringers

Loads of knights, a minority of which are built. I think 18 Questoris, 8 Cerastus and 6 Acastus.

Interestingly, this seems to be around the point at which people go "You know what? That's probably enough." I think this correlates with the point where we start actually building and painting the things instead of just theorising about lists we could make.

That starter set is tempting though...

So the big weekend is here and I want to check a few rules that me and my mate have not been 100% on.

If both players have Legio rules do you both get the extra Strat points? Or just if one of you doesn't have Legio rules (and then only that person obviously).

If something explodes and it says you take "x strength 9 hits to the body". Do you roll a dice and add it to 9? Or is it just strength 9 plus any damage modifiers? i.e.: most healthy titan's would ignore  a strength 9 hit.

So the big weekend is here and I want to check a few rules that me and my mate have not been 100% on.

If both players have Legio rules do you both get the extra Strat points? Or just if one of you doesn't have Legio rules (and then only that person obviously).

If something explodes and it says you take "x strength 9 hits to the body". Do you roll a dice and add it to 9? Or is it just strength 9 plus any damage modifiers? i.e.: most healthy titan's would ignore  a strength 9 hit.

Extra points are given for differences between the number of legio rules, as per the FAQ. So say one player uses a maniple of Atarus, while the other uses a Tempestus maniple supported by a Vulpa titan. The Atarus player would receive two extra points, because the opponent has one more set of rules in use compared to them.

"A hit with Str 9" is just a hit, for which you make a normal Armour roll (thus, 9 + d6 + modifiers for injuries and direction and a 1 still fails).

I've been looking at my titans:

Legio Defensor:
Warlord

2 Reavers

2 Warhounds

1 Warbringer-Nemesis (maybe picking it up today if the FLGS stock arrived!)

Legio Mordaxis 

Warlord (to build)

Reaver (skeleton built awaiting magnets)

2 Warhounds (to build)

Also got 3 Questoris Knights who will be a freeblade made up house unless the rules in Shadow and Iron are good then I'll pick one of them. 

My resolve for Legio Praesagius is crumbling... I so loved their fluff from the HH Black books and they actually did Auric Pegasus :tongue.:.... HELP ME... Also considering doing House Vornherr too.

The good thing if I change my direction is all my rules are in Shadow and Iron.

Edited by Wolf Guard Einar

TITI received my copy of S&I and a Warbringer. So I’m going to go ahead and build that tonight.

And wow, I guess they realized what fiends this segment of the community are for magnets. The Warbringer Reaver weapons are made with depressions for 5x1mm magnets. VERY GOOD

Wow. You got a pair of the vertical megabolters instead of a horizontal? Cool.

I got a set of the Warlord VMBs in the Reaver VMB blister :)

If you message FW about the mix-up, I’m fairly certain they’ll send you out the right model, and the odds are like 99% that they won’t ask you to send that back or anything. I’ve had similar situations a few times now.