Today in Titanicus I...

Random thought...what if a Titan Legion (the humans) got infected/corrupted by a Genestealer Cult... Hmm, the possibilities!

Well the titan itself would be a battering ram to clear defenses for when the fleet makes planetfall.  Now the question is whether the MIU would detect any biologic changes in the princeps/moderatii and refuse the connection.  If the princeps is in an amniotic tank I don't think he could get kissed by the Patriarch.

Im more intrigued by how a Genestealer Cult might alter their Titans. Be it ornaments and colour schemes...or maybe even 6 armed Titans!

Probably roll out a big crotch banner but not modify the superstructure of the titan itself. They have to remain hidden from everyone else unless they could totally conceal a titan within in a garage. I'd assume a Magos would be inspecting any titans being refitted daily so they'd have to infect way up the food chain to conceal their work. 

I adore the GSC as an army and a storyline - I have a TON of models for it. I was buying up those GSC sprues from the Deathwatch board game on eBay for $60 so I've got a ton of acolytes and neophytes. I pity anyone starting the GSC army now and seeing the stickershock.  This is a conversion I spent way too much time on but need to get around to painting. It's sprayed but I can't pick a vehicle scheme for my PDF troopers. 

6D1DC558 46EC 481F 8D74 21A4D0EDB9E5

C5961AFE 7F42 470E 9830 0C901499DF30

The crane conversion is cool.

If the GSC stuff in 40k is anything to go by, they wouldn’t be likely to modify the titans very much, at least physically. The 40k GSC range is basically unmodified civilian (and occasionally military) vehicles. This suggests that they tend to just use what they have access to, rather than build their own stuff or heavily alter things.

The question of how the MIU would react to meeting the hive mind is an interesting one. I don’t think they’d get on too well. If I was to design a massively powerful vehicle for the 40k universe I think I’d want to build in some failsafes in case the driver got taken over by psychic powers, daemons and so on. I could well imagine these getting triggered by GSCs. That said, this doesn’t appear to have been the case for the knights, who use a different but sort of similar interface.

On reflection, MIUs seem to have no issue bonding with all sorts of daemons and other stuff, so everything above is probably nonsense. GSCs could very well take over titans, if they got to the crew. The only issue then is that I’m pretty sure there weren’t any genestealers around in the 30k timeframe. It’s not impossible that a massively advanced set of stealers could have been in the Imperium, but there are no records of them. I think people would have noticed if they’d taken over a titan legio.

If anyone remembers the old Titan comic series, there was actually a scene where Princeps Hekate communed with his predecessor through a Warlord's MIU. The hive mind chittered in and the memories of the previous Princeps were devoured by it or something. It's been a while! So it seems the hive mind does have an effect on the MIU, or being near the hive mind can leave an impression in the machine spirit. Though that's also a very old depiction of how Titans operated and a lot has changed since then.

I'll see if I can dig it up if I can remember. It's buried in my garage somewhere and I don't have time to go rooting around. Or maybe there's a pdf copy floating around online somewhere. It's definitely in the first few chapters.

My guess would be, some very disappointed tyrannids. How are they going to eat a titan, or whatever irradiated hellscape is left after the titans go to war?

They will be ok if they find the pack of mints in the glove box.

Just ordered a Knight Household Battleforce, I was going to buy the Titan Pack(Was that from last Christmas or around then?) but this box will pretty much finish my knights off and I shouldn't have to buy any more. It will be interesting how long it will be available.

Edited by Black_Knight

A titan crew was infected by a genestealer in a comic? Yikes.

Tonight I cleaned off my paint table and I really need a rectangular table that's flat. This round table that kinds drooping at the edges ain't cutting it.

No, I'm pretty sure it was recent, direct contact with a Tyranid swarm and its biotitans. It was like encountering the swarm left a ghost in the MIU. Edited by LetsYouDown

Okay that makes more sense. Well as much sense as Warhammer makes at least. 

The MIU may have a little psychic power to it even if the Mechanicum doesn’t quite understand it. It would make sense that’s how it absorbs a princep’s mind over time and as the Nids cast a psychic shadow there could be some warp shenanigans going on. 

Sending positive motivation waves your way >)))))

I've received my Reaver bitz, so I'll be assembling them and getting them to the same point as the rest is, hopefully this weekend. Got a bit sidetracked with some Shadespire and Chaos warbands test schemes last few weeks :P

The annoy part is that doing my Custodes titans has made me open my box of 40k Custodes.  Then I thought I'd paint my human Blood Bowl team, the Kislev Kommrades.  Then I found this clean white primed Deathwing termie with an assault cannon I want to try basing in Wraithbone with contrasts. 

Seriously, having ADHD sucks. 

Today I painted up the trio of Freeblades, as well as a Corvus Assault Head in the early hours of the morning. Yesterday was a Corvus Assault Pod too and they were all pretty enjoyable aside from painting tiny white and orange panels on a knight.

I've got 4 small buildings made from the leftover scenery parts from the Imperator build, but aside from those I've got nothing AT left to do in the project queue. Almost feels a bit empty really. I've got my fingers crossed that something actually new, rather than a rebundle, comes out in the next month or two.

Given the game's lack of popularity you might see that, there are also printable files on the Internet you can find that you can scale down a touch because despite what GW says they look positively ENORMOUS compared to titans. 

Edited by Fajita Fan

Back home and itching to build something before i get back to work on commission, so behold a Baron and his Banner! Though gonna add some gs to those banner strings as they are a lot ropier in the photo than i realised.

49284945787_1563c28528_b.jpg80583981_10157826482130797_8958726554486046720_o 

49284261563_34eb2ffae7_b.jpg80663942_10157826482250797_2394282527641567232_o