Today in Titanicus I...

I would have thought the Rapier would be smaller than a Warhound, as that's what Titandeath (novel) stated.

So maybe the scale 7 titan is something else that Tempestus and Audax will be able to use/drop?

On the audax page it mentioned a “Dire Wolf heavy scout titan.” Sounds like that would be the scale 7, while the rapier is called a “Light scout titan” so probably scale 5

From what I've seen, the Traitor Legios have had a lot more changes than the Loyalists. Whereas only a few of the Loyalist Legios had changes, all of the Traitor ones I've seen so far do. 

Krytos now have rules that might affect an actual game. They're now allowed to add Warlords and Warbringers to various different maniples, though not all of them. For example the compulsory Reavers in a Fortis maniple can be replaced by Warlords and Warbringers. They also now have a 3 point strat to make Quake (though not concussive) trait work through void shields.

I haven't seen the full rules for Vulpa but I hear they get an upgrade to increase their boosted speed by 2" instead of the useless plasma gargoyles.

Anyone seen any Fureans rules updates?

I haven't, but they still essentially got some new utility with the awakened entity chart and the rules saying if you can choose for the normal awakened, you can choose for that one too.

Pretty important too, because the Entity chart can start damaging your titan; fearful can damage your heavier titans legs, Bullish can cause collisions, blood hungry can make them whack your own titans and destructive makes them shoot the closest. So if there's nothing to cause collisions, you might want bullish. Or fearful of youre close to knights or a melee titan.

I've now seen the Fureans rules, I think they've gotten away with it.

Machine Rage has changed a little to reflect the corrupted titan rules, if you awaken on the awakened entity table, you roll two dice and choose one. Which is pretty good IMO.

A line has been added to Faces of the Omnissiah to confirm that the "titan chooses if it is sacrificing its phase when activated in that phase."

Offensive Surge is unchanged.

Hunting Auspex is unchanged.

In terms of traits, Titan Stalker's range has reduced to 8" from 12", rest unchanged.

I'm going to double post it up with my thoughts on the corrupted titan and wargear pages that have leaked and how it's going to change the game.

First, as a refresher, Psytitans are outside the legio, outside the maniple, cannot have the princeps senioris/personal traits, hard to get more than 1.

Corrupted titans get everything. They have their maniple bonus, their legio bonus, can have the PS, can definitely buy wargear and you can have an array of them. You can combine the customization of custom legios with corrupted titans for some truly tailored synergies across your collection.

It's also a far better way to fill in points if you're not the biggest fan of taking/using knights; I'll slap on unnatural grace for 20 points so my warhounds won't eat an unexpected 2 reactor heat just to go fast. Or 15 points of overwhelming rage onto my dual chainfist reaver, so he gets 3 more attacks and always passes charge. Or frozen soul into my meme triple volcano warbringer so it can vent plasma easily. They're really, really cheap and don't scale at all.

I think this will result in a swathe of corrupted titans, and then psytitans to counter (mainly with their huge damage output). At the very least, a multi-upgraded CT close to a psytitan is taking command tests at -4, but the chances of awakening are still 1/6 for a reactor push, so it's more of a chance than a likelihood.

Krytos now have rules that might affect an actual game. They're now allowed to add Warlords and Warbringers to various different maniples, though not all of them. For example the compulsory Reavers in a Fortis maniple can be replaced by Warlords and Warbringers. They also now have a 3 point strat to make Quake (though not concussive) trait work through void shields.

Can they swap out Warlords in an extergemis maniple? Mosely interested if I can make a Five warlord maniple... cause that would be freaking awesome!!!

I'm going to double post it up with my thoughts on the corrupted titan and wargear pages that have leaked and how it's going to change the game.

First, as a refresher, Psytitans are outside the legio, outside the maniple, cannot have the princeps senioris/personal traits, hard to get more than 1.

Corrupted titans get everything. They have their maniple bonus, their legio bonus, can have the PS, can definitely buy wargear and you can have an array of them. You can combine the customization of custom legios with corrupted titans for some truly tailored synergies across your collection.

It's also a far better way to fill in points if you're not the biggest fan of taking/using knights; I'll slap on unnatural grace for 20 points so my warhounds won't eat an unexpected 2 reactor heat just to go fast. Or 15 points of overwhelming rage onto my dual chainfist reaver, so he gets 3 more attacks and always passes charge. Or frozen soul into my meme triple volcano warbringer so it can vent plasma easily. They're really, really cheap and don't scale at all.

I think this will result in a swathe of corrupted titans, and then psytitans to counter (mainly with their huge damage output). At the very least, a multi-upgraded CT close to a psytitan is taking command tests at -4, but the chances of awakening are still 1/6 for a reactor push, so it's more of a chance than a likelihood.

I think it's a bit early to tell but my initial thinking is that these upgrades are relatively well-balanced for their cost. Those are certainly good upgrades but they aren't free. They cost points and reduce your command value. That means you'll end up with fewer guns, fewer activations and less reliable orders.

-1 on command checks might not feel like much but if you multiply that across a maniple it will really start to increase the chance of someone failing an order. And there are some tricky things to weigh up, for example do you give a melee titan the ability to auto-pass charge orders or to push its reactor for free, but at a significant chance of failing to charge?

Meanwhile, few of the upgrades actually make a titan live longer or hit harder. More repair dice are great but, as my Astorum have sometimes found, that's irrelevant if you get killed in a single phase.

Overall I do think these things will represent quite a significant change to the game - way more so than Psi-titans, which remain rare. But corrupted titans still die if you hit them with a good honest sunfury, followed by a macro gatling. The sky may indeed be falling, but that's why we brought titans to the fight in the first place. Bring it.

Can they swap out Warlords in an extergemis maniple? Mosely interested if I can make a Five warlord maniple... cause that would be freaking awesome!!!

Nope, afraid not. There's still non 5-Warlord maniple, sadly.

It's very specific. Krytos can now swap:

• either of the two mandatory Reavers in a Fortis Maniple for a Warlord and/or a Warbringer Nemesis
  • the mandatory Warhound in a Regia Maniple for a Warbringer Nemesis, that can share shields with Courtier Warhounds as if it were the King or Queen
  • the mandatory Warhound in a Precept Maniple for a Warbringer Nemesis, or
  • the mandatory Reaver in an Axiom or Myrmidon Maniple for a Warlord

An Extergimus Maniple is already composed of their favored mix of mostly Warlords with a supporting Warbringer Nemesis, so they can't swap anything with it. They just really like Quake Cannons, mostly.

Thanks for the Krytos info. Ill likely still make an extergimus maniple for them, lol.

Got to actually see a picture of Vulpa's new stuff. I dont know how to post pictures on here or Id link it.

1) Honor and Blood is upped to 5 inches from 3. For the 4in range on the new warmaster chainsword, its great! For everything else, it makes that already weird bubble where Vulpa is less effective bigger. 

2) I don't know what to make about the Shikarian Conduits. It still requires heat (unless you take the corrupt upgrade or experimental locomotors) and if you use it, for that turn the titan sucks at shooting. I suppose this is super fluffy, and I'll probably make a corrupt warlord with this upgrade, but Im thinking it isnt much worth it on a reaver, unless you go with the dual CC weapon reaver. Only for Scale 7 and above. Might also be interesting on a Warmaster with the movement Ancillary Reactor... It'd be moving 9in in total, which could be terrifying 

3)DE did go up in cost. Probably fair, considering the cheap corruption upgrades that boost CC attacks. Itll be expensive to do, but you could potentially make warhounds that slap as hard as a regular warlord in CC.

Edited by The boater

Interesting news about Krytos. I’d suspected (and hoped) that they would be able to swap any mandatory Titan for a Warlord, which would give them a few interesting options, but it seems that I was wrong.

Certainly wasn’t expecting the Warbringer to feature.

Am I correct in saying that you can take additional Warlords in maniples which already had at least one, but these rules don’t let you add a Warlord to maniples where there wasn’t one?

Dallo

Yeah i often seem to be about 100pts short on most lists so mutations will probably fill that up instead of a bunch of faffing around and juggling in some token Questoris. I think ultimately if you invest too many points in mutations its going to cost you in activations/staying power, always boys before toys :D

My titans notoriously never take orders anyway so im not bothered about command penalties (I am cursed!)    

@mandragola we could get into a whole debate on orders and how important some are to lists and winning, but at the same time there's custom legios, maniples and mutations that can circumvent the need to roll or the penalty for failing.

I think the points costs are a little too low. You can get a pretty good set of base mutations to help the role of your titan, and then take something really defensive like one of the two -1 to hit upgrades that aren't tied to obscurement, one of which is tied to proximity, while the other is tied to shields and gives you a save against ignoring weapons. Ultimately it comes down to how much surplus points are in the list though; if you take cerastus or questoris as filler, you can drop a unit and get a bunch of good upgrades like immaterial shield and empyrean shroud for a flat -2 in the open; cover or long range will annihilate any chance to be hit. Throw that on your command titan and your senioris offsets the LD drop.

Edited by SkimaskMohawk

It’s probably the case that some of the upgrades are too cheap and others, maybe, too expensive. That’s pretty much always the case with any GW release. It doesn’t mean it’s a huge problem necessarily. The game isn’t entirely balanced anyway but luckily it rewards skill more than list building, so imbalance tends not to decide games.

Combining the rules for custom Legios and mutations does sound like the kind of thing where problems could happen. Double-layered customisation can result in a sort of exponential power creep. I don’t know if that’s happened here but I understand the concern.

From what ive heard they already have a whole bunch of extra titans done and dusted, just at the mercy of the plastic release schedule to get them out to us. Might explain why they are always a bit disconnected on AT as so much work was done early on they did most of it years ago and its just tweaks and fluff since.

While I certainly hope this is the case, it just doesn't seem in keeping with GW or FW to sit on completed work for long periods of time.

The 5 factions of AI is as long-term as I've seen them keep things waiting in recent memory.

I suspect the Knights werent done at that point, all of them after the Cerastus feel like they lacked that in depth playtesting the core stuff had, the Acastus most prominently but all the Mechanicum knights bar the Atrapos (i think, may have forgotten) have had some head scratching moments and looked a bit "quick turnaround" while the titans have held up better. 

We know the Warbringer got developed in AT playtesting and the other "gaps" in the titan scale got discussed and filled, but we dont know precisely that they kept those stats, but i imagine there are still some folks left from that era as apparently the entire studio went AT mad for a while :D so it follows some of that experience is still there and can say "noooo dont give the warmaster AV14 because we tried that and its invincible!" for example.

Also kind aexplains why the team is so dead set against the Imperator, because you know they tried it :D 

They don't have to make rules for an Imperator. Just make the model! I'd sure as hell buy at least one, regardless of cost :D

I like the sound of a basic Warbringer Titan. I.e. one without a Warlord weapon on top. Kinda of like a Heavy Reaver or light Warlord titan. Very much looking forward to this Heavy scout titan as well. I do wonder how/if they will fit into the existing maniples or whether they'll just be lumped with the other auxiliary titans.

So they don't cover it for some very weird reason, probably because Zach Bair wasn't familiar with the original rules, but Fureans Machine Rage doesn't let you pick the result on the Awakened Entity chart. Instead, you roll two dice and pick the result you want.

So vis a vis corrupted titans showing up and getting very tailored synergies.

There definitely seems to be an issue where some people think the corrupted titan should be converted or painted in a way to indicate their special status, while others just want to apply the rules without any visual references. I can kind of see both sides; wargear and pseudo wargear stratagems aren't usually modeled, and we've had those for a while. On the other hand, the game is highly visual, with command terminals displayed for both players and weapons expected to be properly represented; mutations can often dramatically refine a titans playstyle to where you can argue a visual aid is the more honest move.

Not to pick on Zach Bair, but it gets very close to the custom legio rules in terms of picking rules to refine your list's potential. He seems to be against custom legios for that reason, but also wants to be able to have an entirely corrupted force with no representation.

I personally wouldn't go so far as to say model or paint the exact representation of a set of mutations and lock yourself into them forever, but definitely paint or model some arms or heads to swap out and represent your favorite titans as corrupted. Or add to the paintjobs if youre sold on always having them.