Today in Titanicus I...

Kinda.

There's only one official blackshield legio, any others would be custom, either using another legio's rules, or the Crusade Legio rules also in DoR, which are not restricted from Blackshields.

Otherwise yes, you cannot take loyalist or traitor specific strats, such as Great Crusade Titans, or Warp Displacement.

Kinda.

There's only one official blackshield legio, any others would be custom, either using another legio's rules, or the Crusade Legio rules also in DoR, which are not restricted from Blackshields.

Otherwise yes, you cannot take loyalist or traitor specific strats, such as Great Crusade Titans, or Warp Displacement.

English ist not my first language so those 2 bulletpoints were a bit confusing at first.

To try and clarify, any published Legio can be blackshield. Some will be less likely because of background fluff, but there is nothing stopping you taking Mortis or Gryphonicus and declaring them Blackshield.

Secondly, you are correct, if you are Blackshield, you cannot take “Loyalist only” or “Traitor only” stratagems, you also cannot take any Legio-specific stratagems, apart from those belonging to your own Legio, obviously. You may take any other Stratagems, including those unique to your chosen Legio.

You may also choose to make your own Crusade Legio, which is in the Defence of Ryza book, that’s what Adelard meant when he shorted it to “DoR”.

Hope that helps?

3 game event today. Took my double minimum Ferrox list, loyalist crusade legio with vanguard fighters, masters of defence hunting motives and reactor fetters.

I thought that would be a decent combo, and while I'm not the best player, I wasn't expecting a situation where I got smashed every game.

The first game was a traitor crusade legio, with a Ferrox and Corsair. Cuss me that list could move. I instantly regretted taking any full stride orders. As they were all in charge range by turn 2. I conceded before the end of the turn with 4 titans dead to none of his even really damaged.

Game two was Audax, in a canyon. 6 massive bits of huge fully obscuring terrain. He deployed his whole Canis Maniple basically 3/4 up the board. And while I held it off for longer, I just couldn't match them that close and that soon. (Also, Ursus Claws are amazing now.)

Game 3 was almost a mirror match against Tempestus, and I was unlucky to basically lose one of my reavers turn two to one of my own wild fired Ursus Claws. (4 Devastating Leg hits to a Reaver is no joke!)

Generally, I just felt outclassed. The traitor melee lists were super reliable, and hit like trucks. Nearly all the corrupted titans had Preternatural Grace or Overwhelming Rage. Which are just super good, and help negate the downsides of corrupted titans, because they just didn't really need to push for anything, or take command checks.

I was thinking we might get Blackshields and mechanic alligences covered off in a knight book perhaps? I don't think any of the three could fill a book like loyalist/traitor legions but together they could?

To try and clarify, any published Legio can be blackshield. Some will be less likely because of background fluff, but there is nothing stopping you taking Mortis or Gryphonicus and declaring them Blackshield.

Secondly, you are correct, if you are Blackshield, you cannot take “Loyalist only” or “Traitor only” stratagems, you also cannot take any Legio-specific stratagems, apart from those belonging to your own Legio, obviously. You may take any other Stratagems, including those unique to your chosen Legio.

You may also choose to make your own Crusade Legio, which is in the Defence of Ryza book, that’s what Adelard meant when he shorted it to “DoR”.

Hope that helps?

Thats what i thought. I just wanted a clarification that my thoughts are correct.

As in the Last page i intend to do Legio Tritonis und when we can play in an narrative event i want to use the proper allegiance for the narrative.

I was thinking we might get Blackshields and mechanic alligences covered off in a knight book perhaps? I don't think any of the three could fill a book like loyalist/traitor legions but together they could?

I agree that they could, but Tritonis appearing in the Traitor book I think means it’s not going to happen. Remember that Blackshields, and Knight Households for that matter, are a bit of a niche part of the game. The main event is loyalist versus traitor Legios, that’s what the game is about. Anything by else is a nice diversion if you want to do something different, but I don’t think they’re going to be putting the rest of it on an equal footing by producing another book in the same vein.

Having said that, they could really do with having the Knight Household rules collated and updated in a future book, possibly with an updated stratagems list. But whether Knight lists are that much of a focus for them, I don’t know.

To be clear, I’m not putting down those options, or anyone who wants to play those options, I just don’t think it’s a major part of the background or the focus of the game.

I think if they do more books there will be another handfull of Black Shield Legions and there are some mentiones of renegade Knight households in the rules.

Tritonis was already in crucible of iron.

Putting them in with the collected traitors fits.

Yeah that's why they don't get a book each :D another collated book would be a lot more useful than dispirate campaign books and certainly seems to be their current model looking at necromunda too.

Also, weird thing my mate encountered yesterday. A group of players who think that you can voluntarily walk titans into other titans and collide on purpose. Their take is that the paragraph which stops this that says that you can't 'move through' things, doesn't stop you moving into them.

Also, weird thing my mate encountered yesterday. A group of players who think that you can voluntarily walk titans into other titans and collide on purpose. Their take is that the paragraph which stops this that says that you can't 'move through' things, doesn't stop you moving into them.

Good luck convincing anyone of that. The intent is crystal clear in context with the very next sentence beginning with "if forced to do so". Heck, if we want to take a similar approach to playing the devil's advocate there, where's it said that the touching causes Collisions either? The Collision is caused by trying to move through things and then being stopped in base-contact by this mechanic, so if you only touch the base by voluntary movement you never triggered the Collision in the first place as there was no moving through. Woop woop.

Ive run into that a few times now. I've seen three variations of it: 1) you cant be in base to base contact with your own titans without causing a collision (got this while playing a Fortis maniple and they were trying to convince me that i cant actually take advantage of the trait without hurting myself). 2) You cant get into base to base contact while charging or it causes a collision (wanted his warlord to get the collision against my charging reaver before I got the charge hit off). 3) You didnt make "X" inches on your charge so its 1 dice less cause you cant be in Base to base contact without a collision and the bases are exactly "X" apart (My reaver was set up 9 inches from opponent, Got the charge and boosted movement, and they argued that I only get 2 extra dice due to not being able to be in base to base so I cant get 9in exactly)

Without fail the opponent would only reference the "rule" when it benefited them, and would conveniently forget it when it would have stopped them from doing an action. The rule is very clear that collisions cannot be voluntarily made by a normal movement/charge, and I hate that I see this come up so *cuss* much.

Ive run into that a few times now. I've seen three variations of it: 1) you cant be in base to base contact with your own titans without causing a collision (got this while playing a Fortis maniple and they were trying to convince me that i cant actually take advantage of the trait without hurting myself). 2) You cant get into base to base contact while charging or it causes a collision (wanted his warlord to get the collision against my charging reaver before I got the charge hit off). 3) You didnt make "X" inches on your charge so its 1 dice less cause you cant be in Base to base contact without a collision and the bases are exactly "X" apart (My reaver was set up 9 inches from opponent, Got the charge and boosted movement, and they argued that I only get 2 extra dice due to not being able to be in base to base so I cant get 9in exactly)

Without fail the opponent would only reference the "rule" when it benefited them, and would conveniently forget it when it would have stopped them from doing an action. The rule is very clear that collisions cannot be voluntarily made by a normal movement/charge, and I hate that I see this come up so *cuss* much.

For what it's worth, even if the BS about touching was true, you could just change the charging angle slightly to still go 9". Nothing in the charge rules force you to move directly towards  the enemy.

But yeah, the collision rules are clear.

For what it's worth, even if the BS about touching was true, you could just change the charging angle slightly to still go 9". Nothing in the charge rules force you to move directly towards the enemy.

But yeah, the collision rules are clear.

That’s true, but I wasn’t about to give them that. It took me like 5 games and reading out the rull a couple of times to shake my group of it. I’m normally not a crazy stickler for the rules, but this one really annoyed me

A month ago today, I ordered the new Warmaster Iconoclast as well as Traitor Legios. Both were in stock and promptly dispatched but they never made it to me ...

The day it was supposed to be delivered, the tracking indicated there was a problem and delivery would be attempted the next day ... The next day the tracking moved to "sent back to sender" and indicated that the reason was the delivery adress was incomplete.

The fun thing is that they have my email adress but never did they thought about asking for confirmation ... Also, both the merchant and Hermes which handled the first leg of the trip, had the correct and complete delivery adress ... 

Once sent back by Bpost, the package arrived at the B2C Europe Hub in Antwerpen where Hermes would normally take it and send back to the UK.

I asked the merchant's customer service about the whereabouts of my order, if they had received a new tracking number, ... They told me it could take up to 14 working days for the package to arrive back to them and that they would be in touch with me the moment it arrived to ask me what I wanted to do with the package. Today, they sent me an email saying the ticket was closed and giving me 24 hours to react if I felt the issue was not resolved ...

I am pretty unhappy about the situation as you can imagine ...

Thanks guys.

I really don't understand that they would close the ticket before actually solving the issue. Also if you don't answer within 24 hours, your ticket is completely closed and can't be reopened.

What I really don't understand is how the delivery adress could have been incomplete when arriving in Belgium when it was complete when leaving the UK. I have been buying stuff from the same merchant for several years and never really had any issue, besides a couple days of delays for dispatch.

I just hope it is not holiday season shenanigans by some rogue postal employees ... As an aside, 2 days ago a 3-man team disguised as cops stopped a UPS driver and ransacked his van ...

Anyway, I'll see what they answer but I am not letting it go without a fight, I already shot them another email this morning.

Wow, that's rubbish. I seem to only ever hear bad things about Hermes but the merchant really ought to be more helpful than this too.

It could be some sort of automated system at their end, rather than a person choosing to give you rubbish service. That doesn't really help you, but it may be that once someone sees what's really happening that they'll be more helpful.

I once had a parcel be returned to sender because barcode/scany square thing that the postal system used to identify it had gotten scratched and the machine could not read it. Despite the normal address being completely intact and legible.

So it could just be a pile up of unlucky circumstances. Hope it all gets sorted/turns up.  

In the mean time I am still wiating for the AT Starter set to be back in Stock so that I can actualy start my journey into this game. 

In the mean time I am still wiating for the AT Starter set to be back in Stock so that I can actualy start my journey into this game.

There’s a ton of them on eBay NIB and I think someone sells them on Amazon as well. Good luck waiting on GW to actually stock the item

There’s a ton of them on eBay NIB and I think someone sells them on Amazon as well. Good luck waiting on GW to actually stock the item

A friend's theory is that it's not coming back, because second ed is coming instead.