Today in Titanicus I...

You could certainly be right. Equally though, a different arm, say some kind of missile pod, might require a different shield anyway. But there's no sign of this coming and I'm purely theorising/wishlisting. There are plenty of things that could use magnet holes and don't have them, so this thing with magnet holes that doesn't need them has me a bit curious. Conversion beamer and bolters would be a bit stupid though so I live in hope.

This also happened by the way...

Cybershadow Technocracy Heavy Recon Stalker- Jackal II
BcWTyaP.jpg

**Cybershadow Technocracy Jackal II -** The Jackal II represents a generational leap in Cybershadow walker design heretofore unseen in Novan space. Though bearing the name of its predecessor, the Jackal II is a completely new chassis and has been rebuilt by the Technocracy from the ground up around a newer, more advanced power system.

Although the Jackal II is considered a light recon stalker, it still towers above even super-heavy tanks and other war engines common to Novan space. Each Jackal has two primary weapon hardpoints in the arms capable of mounting a wide variety of weaponry, ensuring commanders have the tools to engage any threat they should encounter. Complementing its primary weaponry are two modular hardpoints above the powercore coolant housings. These offer additional utility and flexibility by adding supplemental comms, optics, sensors, and countermeasures to the already robust systems of the standard Jackal II.

Tactically, Cybershadow Jackals can be found ranging far ahead of heavier walker battle squadrons, providing vital intel and conducting probing attacks ahead of the main assault. They are extremely agile for their size and can cover ground at phenomenal speed when necessary. Although lightly armed in comparison to the heavier battleline walkers, a single Jackal still possesses enough firepower to easily decimate lesser enemy formations. Indeed, Jackals have even been known to form the spearhead of smaller assaults should field commanders be unable to acquire heavier assets.

Notes:
1. PDF model assembly guide can be found in the Rules Category on this site.
2. Model shown mounted on an 80mm round spinner base from Troublemaker Games not included but available in store.
3. Full multi-part resin cast kit with metal cast crew figures included.
4. Approximate height of model dependent on pose, 68mms to 75mms.
5. Model painted by John Fielding.

https://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/shop/cybershadow-technocracy-heavy-recon-stalker-jackal-ii/

Cybershadow Technocracy Heavy Recon Stalker – Vulture
b3P8ubA.jpg

**Cybershadow Technocracy Vulture -** The Vulture is a variant of the Jackal II recon chassis adapted to carry a larger ordnance piece than can usually be mounted on these “light” walkers. To accommodate the Vulture’s heavy dorsal weapon and weapon mount as well as its accompanying power systems, the engineering crew space within the torso has been replaced with a hardwired AI tasked with monitoring the Vulture’s power core and internal systems—oversight, usually provided by the onboard engineering drone on the Jackal II. To further offset the substantially increased weight of the dorsal cannon and systems but retain the speed necessary to achieve its fast-paced mission requirements, the Vulture also replaces the Jackal’s standard heavy weapons and arm mountings in favour of a pair of lighter defensive rotary cannon. Additionally, the notably lighter armour fitted to the lower legs of the Vulture is yet another visible example of the concessions to weight savings of the variant. In a long range, hull down fire support position, Vulture crews are able to mitigate the risk to their weaker legs through careful positioning.

The Vulture’s battlefield role is to provide integrated, long-ranged fire support to recon battle groups as well as serving in an overwatch/sniper capacity as required. Even within heavier Stalker cohorts, the Vulture is prized for its ability to quickly relocate, thereby opening opportunities for commanders to use the Vulture’s heavy dorsal weaponry for enfilading fire missions that would be impossible for a heavier chassis to fulfil.

Notes:
1. PDF model assembly guide can be found in the Rules Category on this site.
2. Model shown mounted on an 80mm round spinner base from Troublemaker Games, not included but available in store.
3. Full multi-part resin cast kit with metal cast crew figures included.
4. Model height approximately 68mms to 75mms dependent on pose, not including dorsal cannon.
5. Model painted by John Fielding.

https://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/shop/cybershadow-technocracy-heavy-recon-stalker-vulture/

• 3 weeks later...

Happy new year, everybody. I've been super busy with no time for proper hobbying (except for buying new stuff, I think my pile of unassembled Legions Solar Aux is mysteriously growing every week...), but I did once again organise more Titanicus goodness at the club. This year started with a bang, as our annual-ish AT mega-battle expanded into a two-day narrative event. I wrote custom missions so that we could first play three rounds of 1v1 games on Saturday where the winning side could dictate environmental conditions for the following round as well as earn some neat bonii for Sunday's all-in brawl.

-- War for the Angel's Grave 3.-4.2.2024 --

An ancient repository of knowledge, a forbidden and sealed esoteric weapon best forgotten or a relic of the broken dream now irrepairably lost? No-one knew precisely what the arcology known as the Angel's Grave held within its confines, but when Warmaster Horus decreed it to be taken, neither did his lackeys question the wisdom of such orders. Under the capricious auspices of the dark gods, god-machines marched into their dropships and hurtled through the blazing voids of the war-stricken galaxy with murder in their hearts...

The traitors slam down on the unsuspecting planet in the dark of night and spread out. From the barely habited outskirts, legios Krytos, Omina and Mortis plunge deep into the planet's infrastructure as the surprised loyalists scramble to face the threat. Legios Solaria, Astorum and Magna jump to hold the line and manage to stem the initial tide despite Krytos wreaking havoc on their communication towers. As the loyalist line refuses to crumble, their reserves in space enter the system and carve a bloody swathe through the traitors' fleet. As burning ships, scrap and satellites fall down on the planet in a rain of fire, the loyalist legios sally forth in a counter-attack to drive the traitors back. This seems to work, securing the defenders a decisive advantage in planetside artillery assets, until for the sudden and totally unforeseen betrayal by the Screaming Skulls! Who'd have thought those guys weren't on our side, absolutely shameful. With this stab in the back, both sides are forced to accept that this conflict will go on for a while and stock up on supplies from the available storages and techno-magi. With reserves from legio Favilla stepping onto the field to plug the hole left by Magna's treachery, the loyalists once more secure the continuing support of the Mechanicum and converge on the final showdown.

1186043-.png
1186054-.png

Four traitor commanders square against three loyalists with some 30 titans and 20 knights stalking the field. Ultramarines and Death Guard models are there to represent area control over various important objectives on the table as well as the critical supply depots no side can wage war without.

1186044-.png
1186045-.png

1186046-.png
1186047-.png

1186053-.png
1186055-.png

Astorum's supreme loyalist command leaves the supply depot lightly guarded, focusing their knightly allies on the right flank.

1186057-.png

Traitors, acutely aware of their tenuous grasp on the planet, guard theirs keenly with the newly arrived Tiger Eyes' deployment.

1186056-.png
1186060-.png

As the fight begins, deafening roar of war-horns fills the centre as Favilla pushes forwards. Fallen knights are vaporised before their volcano cannons, swatted aside like gnats as more worthy foes approach from Krytos' lines.

1186058-.png
1186059-.png
1186062-.png

On all flanks, forces advance into the fire.

1186061-.png
1186063-.png

In the middle, Excidium Ultimum and Deus Victrix hear the siren song of the Thunderdome. Two god-machines enter, who will leave?

1186064-.png
1186065-.png
1186067-.png

Fighting intensifies on the flanks, as Mortis reaches one of the habitats in force and knights swarm towards Omina's positions.

1186066-.png

Sensing an opportunity, one of Omina's Warhounds sneaks to threaten the loyalist supplies as Krytos' devastating volleys savage the Astorum Warmaster guarding them.

1186068-.png
1186048-.png

Despite losing its fist to Deus Victrix' fire, Excidium Ultimum saws the upstart God-Breaker in half and casts its broken form down in ruin, almost decapitating Ibn Faruq below with its mass. Glory is fleeting, however, as unabated firepower from most of the Tiger Eyes' battleline causes the injured Warmaster to crash down from its throne all the same.

1186049-.png
1186050-.png

On the left flank, Solaria's brazen charge cuts deep into the lighter Mortis engines as a column of Ultramarines follows in their wake to wipe out the Death Guard attempting to seize the habitat. Yet with their supplies under threat, it is all nearly futile.

1186051-.png
1186069-.png

Fighting to salvage the situation, Delictor Profectuum ploughs through Krytos' fire and the wrecked corpses of their comrades towards the supply depot with all systems burning. Perhaps they could have made it, if not for the relentless shelling of Quake munitions raining on them, causing the ground under their buckling legs to undulate like tortured jelly with each booming shot. Valiantly, if desperately, later reserve Cerastoi rush to try and relieve the Ultramarines at any price.

1186070-.png

The traitors are similarly pressed, now, with Mortis crumbling before Solaria's advance. Favilla's heavy guns blow out one of Fureans' Warlords nearby and seal the deal as the remaining traitorous knights are slaughtered to the last.

1186052-.png

Triumphantly, Krytos' sole remaining Warlord Braccus Rex sidesteps the futile knight charge and guns down the immobilised Delictor Profectuum, trumpeting its ownership of the loyalists' supply depot.

With fires burning all over the broken and mangled countryside, it is eventually clear to the loyalist side that their tactical situation is untenable. While the traitors are trapped and caught stranded in the bigger picture, unable to hold the planet and will soon all be hunted down, on this day they have by the barest of margins bought enough time for their techno-magi to complete their dark purpose at the Angel's Grave itself. For the Warmaster, they cry in the all-consuming ritual flames!

-------

A very slight Traitor victory after six rounds, 225 to 168 points (with one good turn able to swing 50+ points)! Loyalists killed more and took ground more aggressively, but with their supply lines left basically undefended by the supreme command's strategic blunder, they were unable to capitalise on this advantage, scoring no control points for the whole game after the first round. Not that the traitors had much more luck on that front, with loyalists having more men and machines on most strategic zones after the first third of the game, but that early lead let them coast pretty far. That element certainly brought a good dynamic to the match, with everyone involved until the end and multiple possible game-changing maneuvers hanging at singular dice rolls. If Delictor Profectuum hadn't been slowed down by Quake shell and immobilised ½" too far from the supplies, for example, it could have gone very much the other way. Still loving all of that.

Thanks for reading and happy wargaming!

• 1 month later...

Gave someone at my gaming club an intro game with the following:

Reaver - volcano, gatling, apoc launcher

Warhound - Plasma, vulcan

Warhound - Plasma, Vulcan

Against my evil Legio Tempestor:

Reaver - melta, chainfist, lasers

Warhound - vulcan, laser

Warhound - Vulcan, Laser

Pretty much 750pts each. I deliberately went with an asymmetric set up to show off as much as possible, gave them the deadly plasma blastguns to challenge me as well. 

We had a good slog, the vulcans reliably stripping shields and blastguns making mincemeat of a warhound, before turn 2 in which absolutely zero blast weapons hit.

I was really getting pinned down and outmaneuvered, until I activated my reaver which collided with their warhound, immobilising it's legs, which allowed me to activate and chainfist it. In the meantime, their remaining reaver finished off my second hound, then engine killed my reaver.

Nice fun game overall, and my opponent has already gone out and bought a reaver titan! 

large.IMG20240320203245.jpg.d4df79833a024c9e791728ed508d314e.jpglarge.IMG20240320212121.jpg.5b6c86d0bb0fb5a9708994f0191badcf.jpglarge.IMG20240320215134.jpg.b1f2edebf0906c148a7d0717aa404e0c.jpg

Edited by Xenith

Might have just ordered another couple of warhounds from the LI set to add to my Legio, despite saying I was just about done. Really keen on those swarmer missiles, they seem just plain better than a vulcan, which is madness. It'll also feed into my dream full venator maniple with a reaver getting to shoot multiple times per turn. 

14 minutes ago, Xenith said:

Might have just ordered another couple of warhounds from the LI set to add to my Legio, despite saying I was just about done. Really keen on those swarmer missiles, they seem just plain better than a vulcan, which is madness. It'll also feed into my dream full venator maniple with a reaver getting to shoot multiple times per turn. 

I don't think they're necessarily better, as the Vulcan will land more hits when in close with it's +1. But what they do provide is an actual choice to be made, with clear advantages to each option, balanced by reasonable disadvantages. Which is something a lot of the weapon options on the warhound lack.

I've been picking up cheap li warhounds the last while, just got a good price on some Titanicus ones, I'm thinking with a box of direwolves that's a good start to an audax force :)

do need to hunt around for proper bases for the li ones though, I'm sure he won't be the cheapest source :D

On 3/26/2024 at 2:12 PM, Sword Brother Adelard said:

I don't think they're necessarily better, as the Vulcan will land more hits when in close with it's +1. But what they do provide is an actual choice to be made, with clear advantages to each option, balanced by reasonable disadvantages. Which is something a lot of the weapon options on the warhound lack.

The vulcan will land more hits when close, yes, however swarm missiles will be landing hits on things from 40" away without the need to get into reaver kicking zone, which is huge.

11 hours ago, Xenith said:

The vulcan will land more hits when close, yes, however swarm missiles will be landing hits on things from 40" away without the need to get into reaver kicking zone, which is huge.

That doesn't make it better, it just makes it different and equally viable in its own way.

Which is great, because so many warhound weapons are just straight downgrades. The Melta is a worse plasma but not cheap enough to make up for it.

The lasers, Flamer and shock lance are plain garbage, the volkite is a worse Vulcan. The plasma is OP and the Claw is just hilarious.

The shudders and swarmers however bring added value to other weapons like the Beamer and the Grav, there's actually now choices to be made with hound weapons, rather than just taking the Vulcan plasma every time!

On 3/29/2024 at 12:35 AM, Oxydo said:

Not to mention that the -1 to hit within 12" combined with one less attack makes Swarmers a lot less good at closer ranges.

I'll counter that by saying Vulcans are a lot less good at >20" :laugh: 

The Vulcans are still good great options, especially if you're getting in close, for my playstyle, the swarmers are great. Both probably too cheap and could easily be 15, and probably 20pts each. 

On the swarmer vs Vulcan thing, I find they’re pretty different once you stick them in maniples and get them on the board. 

I ran a Venator maniple with two hounds and Lucius Praetorian (Astorum reaver that’s good at repairs/heat). Each Warhound had a swarmer pod, one with shudder missiles and the other with conversion Beamer. 

It worked really well. I squadroned the warhounds and kept them on first fire. They brought shields down off things quite often, though the reaver only did moderate damage as a result. It had a melta and a Beamer on its roof so good options at close and long ranges when the opportunity came. 

So for stripping shields they’re great, and also for keeping your warhounds alive. But not for mobility, taking ground or denying it to the enemy. 

A Ferrox hound is almost like a melee engine. It projects a zone where you don’t want to go, because the scary hound will run inside your shields and murder you. Swarmer pods can’t perform that function. They won’t tend to have bonuses to hit or damage from close range, flanking and so on. As a result they are a bit more stuck in the shield-breaker role and much less useful as finishers. 

Just When I Thought I Was Out GIF - Just When I Thought I Was Out They Pull  Me Back In - Discover & Share GIFs

So despite saying I had all the titans I wanted or needed, I've ended up with another 4 hounds and just ordered a plasma warlord...that might be a mistake as I should have waited and got the Legio Sinister warlord when it came back in stock, as that has the plasmas...

I did want to make some really mutated titans to play with the daemonic special rules, and I already have a loyalist warlord so this one will be traitorous...

8 hours ago, Xenith said:

I already have a loyalist warlord so this one will be traitorous...

Hang on a minute. You're saying you have one Warlord currently for your loyalists and none for traitors? Ordering a plasma one was definitely not an error. Why only one?

I speak as someone with nine Warlords. You could argue that I have too many. The Psi-titan I've had since release day and not completed is a bit embarrassing and I might not have needed that second GME I picked up recently, but it's such an awesome kit I'm absolutely not sorry at all.

43 minutes ago, Mandragola said:

Hang on a minute. You're saying you have one Warlord currently for your loyalists and none for traitors? Ordering a plasma one was definitely not an error. Why only one?

Haha, good question, I think it was a mistake in that I should have ordered the psy titan, however I got a good deal on this one so cannot complain too much. I'm going to have to do some converting to try and get it to accept reaver gatling cannons on the shoulders, or maybe finally put that forgefiend hades cannon I have spare to good use...

I would certainly have more warlords but the value for money feels like it drops off significantly at the warbringer, so ive got a whole buttload of Reavers and Warhounds and only 3 warlords, who are now not so cheap on the secondary market generally even if i have a few more arms guns (and crotch weapons!) to go on one :D 

(Though now i kinda want to do another warlord or two...)

Edited by Noserenda

Got my two boxes of Dire Wolves yesterday. I thought GW said we’d get both types of bases in the box? I only got LI ones. 

Was also surprised that the carapace weapon isn’t designed to be magnetised. It does seem like you can build them all and click them in place but haven’t built one yet, so not sure what the friction is like. 

So I started doodling a bit, and ended up doing a set of eight 50mm round bases!

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/50mm-round-bases-for-6mm-8mm-miniatures-tech-shanty-texture

round_15.jpg

Designed for various scifi 6mm / 8mm scaled tabletop wargames, these bases are perfect for mounting vehicles or small mechs.

Not counting the many details, these bases are about 2.25mm thick.

This kit contains the following parts:
- 8x 50mm diameter round bases
- 10x little detail bits to add on your bases

Please do not share or sell these files (including prints and remixes) without my written permission.

Found this size comparison tool shared by @Nephaston here:

I have a Knight Castellan that was given as a gift, that I've not got round to building, and I don't think it'll ever get used in 40k, so being inspired by the awesome tempestus army in WHW that has a castellan as the base for an Imperator (before the release of the warmaster), I might try this converion. Only thing is I don't have a castellan/warmaster comparison. 

Anyone have a photo of the two?

image.thumb.png.61617231c6ead89d09fa82a1268f3c78.png

Another day, another release!

Alpha Hab Block One:

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/alpha-hab-block-one

alpha_17.jpg
alpha_18.jpg
alpha_16.jpg

The Alpha Hab Block One is designed for 6mm/8mm gaming, but it could probably be upscaled for 10mm and 15mm scaled gaming as well. This makes the Alpha Hab Tower suitable for games such as Adeptus Titanicus, Dropzone Commander, or Battletech.

The kit contains both single piece as two piece (separate roof) versions of the building.
- 4 single piece Alpha Hab Block One (which each of the 4 roof types)
- 4 separate roofs
- walls put together as a single piece

The dimensions of the buildings are 62.4mm deep and 66.8mm wide. The heights vary (depending on the roof type), but the "walkable" part of the roof is 67.6mm tall.

Note that the final picture with the infantry base only shows how 25mm round based infantry look on and next to the building. Infantry and bases are not included in this kit.

Please do no share or sell these files (including prints and remixes) without my written permission.