Discussion on the new C:SM & Possible BT supplement

Ok, so being pretty unfamiliar with 8th, Angels of Death on Sword Brethren from the detachment coming out of a Crusader is really good now, but only five models?

Yes because the SB detachment is for company vets who are max 5 man squads

That blows :(

Ok, so being pretty unfamiliar with 8th, Angels of Death on Sword Brethren from the detachment coming out of a Crusader is really good now, but only five models?

They are still a good unit. I wish tda and VV got it but it is what it is. Helbrecht, and captains get it too

That blows :sad.:

They are still a good unit. I wish tda and VV got it but it is what it is. Helbrecht, and captains get it too

Do you think it was a balance thing? Not including it on Terminators?

Maybe.

Also, this one thread has had more traffic in three days than we've had on the whole sub-forum in weeks. I've seen names I haven't seen in yonks, heck, all we need now is Firepower to start paddling people and it's 2017 again!

Are we back? 

Re-rolling any OR all of the charge dice! 5+ save vs mortal wounds regardless if they come from witchery or an enemy lascannon - this will help both our infantry and our transports! :o

WLm4fC7.jpg

Forgive me if I’m being foolish brother, but where is the 5+ versus lascannons coming from?

The new chapter tactic is going to be extremely potent. One of our biggest weaknesses was against psykers, specifically against ones that generate moral wounds, since we could not spam our stratagem. Well, with our psuedo-FNP, that problem has been addressed. Plus, the fix to our reroll charges will dramatically improve our ability to make that charge. Edited by Marshal Laeroth

Re-rolling any OR all of the charge dice! 5+ save vs mortal wounds regardless if they come from witchery or an enemy lascannon - this will help both our infantry and our transports! :ohmy.:

Forgive me if I’m being foolish brother, but where is the 5+ versus lascannons coming from?

Yeah I keep on seeing this bandied about. This does nothing against normal wounds done by normal weapons such as Lascannons. 

Just you wait for primaris sword brethren muahahaahah

Mortal wound spam has been a big problem in the meta somewhat, although not nearly as bad as it used to be. I think we’ve got good legs so far, I’m excited to see how it ends up going when the units are shown.

Also do we know if this includes tanks yet? If so I might just have to dust my Templar’s off again and try it out.

Mortal wound spam has been a big problem in the meta somewhat, although not nearly as bad as it used to be. I think we’ve got good legs so far, I’m excited to see how it ends up going when the units are shown.

Also do we know if this includes tanks yet? If so I might just have to dust my Templar’s off again and try it out.

Chapter Tactics now include vehicles.

Re-rolling any OR all of the charge dice! 5+ save vs mortal wounds regardless if they come from witchery or an enemy lascannon - this will help both our infantry and our transports! :ohmy.:

WLm4fC7.jpg

My meaning was "infantry / vehicle weapons that deal mortal wounds", I could recall an example. Hellfire ammo? Xenos stuff?

If the Do something for lrcs and terminators I will be incredibly happy.

It'd be great to get something like the old assault ramp rule back. Let units disembark after moving or the Tank charge and then disembark or something like that

Agressors or inceptors charging do mortal wounds for example.

Edited by Marshal Vespasian

My understanding was that you do? FNP was the only counter to mortal wounds.

Someone in the main thread also mentioned how we’re more resilient to vehicle explosions and snipers. In addition to psychic.

This is shaping up to be quite tasty...

They also say we’re one of the 8 in the main codex, but there are also 3 of Dorn’s Chapters recognizes... which is huge.

Leads me to believe more and more that there will be a legions of Dorn supplement and not only a IF one.

Has there been any confirmation that there will only be 6 supplements? I don’t think so.

Would this new CT stack with FNP? As they’re two separate rules?

If yes, could our sword brothers tank a wound from a character, 5++ CT save, 5++ FNP?

That would make our dudes pretty survivable

Do you get a FNP from mortal sounds?

You get the SB save as well. Because of the way its worded

Where did you read that? It mentions “First Founding Chapters (and their successors)”.

Think it’s implied that they will be in the FF?

More reasonable. But still gives me the hope that the BT and CF will get a nice section, then.

At the moment I'm not sure.

This is from the Saturday preview about the supplements:

To suggest that an Imperial Fist and a White Scar fight in the same way is nearly heresy – and the new codex and codex supplements really lean into the distinct identities of each Chapter to ensure they work on the tabletop the way they do in the lore. Codex: Space Marines has everything you need to play with an army of gene-enhanced super-soldiers, and each of the supplements offers you additional, Chapter-specific datasheets and thematic rules that emphasise their unique heritage and the genetic legacy of their Primarch.

This is from the pre order announcement:

However, if you seek to take your dedication to the First Founding Chapters (and their successors) to the next level, that’s where the codex supplements come in…