Discussion on the new C:SM & Possible BT supplement

The doctrines are all good buffs, I'm disappointed in the implementation of them though. Having to wait until turn 3 to change to assault is a bit annoying.

If there is no Option for us to get this earlier - it will prove that we still Profit from the love the other chapters get. If any Person in the designer Team think about templars - they would know how important it is for a fluff-NON-Codex chapter it is to take the assault doctrine earlier in battle.

That would make for a great fluffy Black Templar stratagem, wouldn't it? Something about "non-adherance" or "ad-hoc organisation," then getting to manipulate the Codex doctrines to suit our style.

Regardless, I'm so stoked about this new codex and the energy with which GW is embracing the variety of chapters and classic units. I have high hopes for more tasty treats, but I'm already quite satisfied with the main course!

*choo-choo!* All aboard the Templar Express! Next stop: Hypetown.

Very interested to see what they will give the WS today in the preview... its relevant t o use too and everyone else going forward as it sets a pattern we can expect going forward.

Actually, I'm glad we're not in the first wave of supplements, means the boys in blue will get to iron out the kinks.

Very interested to see what they will give the WS today in the preview... its relevant t o use too and everyone else going forward as it sets a pattern we can expect going forward.

Actually, I'm glad we're not in the first wave of supplements, means the boys in blue will get to iron out the kinks.
That's a very optimistic view. I think that if we dont get a release on this SM wave, we are not getting one for the foreseeable future. Edited by Sete

That is a risk, yes. But remember how it went. 8th rolled in with the indexes, then the marines codex, and then pretty much every subsequent codex was better. Stratagems got refined, etc. If you need convincing, compare the strats in the marine and SW codexes ... So yeah, to be honest I'd rather wait a year and have a decent supplement than have it "right away" and see it made irrelevant rapidly.

Update on my post of 40k FB:

No doubt we'll find out more soon enough, Vitor, but for now, we know that Black Templars will be receiving an enhanced Chapter Tactic in Codex: Space Marines.

Just a minimum right now... we will see it in the future.

My bottom line is Model support.

If we dont get anything, I'm gonna move forward with my life and just play my DiY chapter permanently.

I wouldn't expect anything more than an upgrade sprue and possibly a Primaris character.

Update on my post of 40k FB:

No doubt we'll find out more soon enough, Vitor, but for now, we know that Black Templars will be receiving an enhanced Chapter Tactic in Codex: Space Marines.

Enhanced Chapter Tactics is the one they have previewed right?

I know, its a bit heresy but my Room was closed with new Ideas so I write it here ..

with Gullyman Nerf we could get a cheeper tool were we get +1 on charge moves and still 1 rerolls. Would make a 8" carge after deepstrike. 

I know, its a bit heresy but my Room was closed with new Ideas so I write it here ..

with Gullyman Nerf we could get a cheeper tool were we get +1 on charge moves and still 1 rerolls. Would make a 8" carge after deepstrike. 

It'd be cheaper to just use a Phobos Lieutenant/Captain with the +1" charge warlord trait.