Discussion on the new C:SM & Possible BT supplement

You guys know how the wolves have the new dudes in power armour? Apply the same reasoning to Templar neophytes.

They passed their trials, didn't reject their organs, and are taken to the fleet.

Since they are not initiates, they are given phobos armour, and stay under the care of an Initiate, until they are fit for promotion, just like in other chapters, as it was shown by Reinhard on the Ultramarine fluff piece. And this is assuming that GW makes primaris crusader squads.

GW could pull a rabbit out of a hat, and old scouts can be used with new Intercessors.

Either way, as much as I would like to see it, they might not give us primaris crusader squads.

unless our sprue, if it exists, has an assortment of heavy, special and power weapons aswell.

Edited by Sete

It is a fine line to tread, between grounded hypothesis and reading too much into something, but the way the live shows are planned each day hints heavily at the four warlords stuff being tied to the psychic awakening preview.

I mean it could be a look at 4 people who are building armies of factions that will feature in psychic awakening. 

We have had rumors of 4 of the armies in that picture, Orks, BT and Emperors children (well chaos)

If we extrapolate, it could mean that the chaos we supposedly face in book 2 could be Emperor's children? It's a bit of a leap, but not impossible

All I want, and that is currently possible, is a flavorful set of rules and a Primaris Emperor’s champion.

So far Ultramarines, White scars, Iron Hands and Raven Guard players are pretty happy with their rules I guess.

So far again, eldar players will get TWO new characters and TWO redesigned units for Psychic Awakening Book 1 (which is not a minidex like SM got).

So I am reasonably optimistic for us.

Guest Metaliptica

So just went to see what Kikasstou said and it seems there are some interesting bits about what's in store for BT. Since I haven't tracked what's been already said here, I'll just post everything and sorry if you already had the info.

Concerning BT :
New bonus to doctrine
New litanies tabble for BT chaplains
new WL traits, relics, stratagems
1CP : no overwatch and -1 to hit in CC when disembarking from a land raider
A relic that gives 3" 4+ invul aura that last 1 round
A warlord trait that gives a +1 to charge and advance aura
A few strats to help you get to CC
A strat that doesn't allow your opponent to disengage
The characters won't change a lot (maybe a few rule changes but not a whole rework) but their WT will change.
He also said that once they are in CC, the target has not much hope of escape.
No primaris Helbrecht or Grimaldus

Edited by Metaliptica

So just went to see what Kikasstou said and it seems there are some interesting bits about what's in store for BT. Since I haven't tracked what's been already said here, I'll just post everything and sorry if you already had the info.

Concerning BT :

New bonus to doctrine

A strat that don't allow your opponent to disengage

The characters won't change a lot (maybe a few rule changes but not a whole rework) but their WT will change.

I can see that. An Initiate throwing a Neophyte at an enemy, "grab its ankles so it cannot flee my wrath" or some such thing.

Sounds good, now Im a bit more positive about this whole thing. My one wish is that the Vigilus detachment strats are printed in this again so they can affect more units than just Company Vets or Captains. I like that it seems from all that that GW has finally given us a new mechanical identity since 4th, to me it seems like they want the army to be a big attrition force of fast approaching or large units that will tie up the enemy with no chance of escape, less about killing and more about denying the enemy opportunities to move or shoot, I do like that and Im sure there'll be at least 1 strat to make things killy and to be honest thats all we need.

If we dont get a new upgrade kit or mini then Im just gonna buy a couple more Land Raiders!.

Book 2 Psychic Awakening planned release is end November - beginning December (from Kikasstou).

A strat that don't allow your opponent to disengage >> it would be on a 2+.

Edited by The Spanish Inquisitor

Book 2 Psychic Awakening planned release is end November - beginning December (from Kikasstou).

I read this before in the News section but I never truly believed because it just seems incredibly fast, but if it just got reposted again then it sounds like its happening. I'd be very happy to get our rules ASAP.

Concerning BT :

New bonus to doctrine

A strat that don't allow your opponent to disengage

I love all of that. I'm thinking a bunch of drop pods, concealed deployment units, and some land raiders full of angry crusaders will be very fun. If done right these abilities will let us trap the enemy in their deployment zone the entire game. Even if we don't just slaughter everything it'll tie them up long enough to give us a huge point lead. As for model support I imagine we'll at least get a primaris upgrade kit, maybe even one with extra chainswords and the option to go full melee with intercessors. That said at the moment my Templars are entirely composed of first born so I'm excited to see so much support for those units.