Discussion on the new C:SM & Possible BT supplement

but its an easy way to give us very much content without doing much. At the start no Primaris will be made just for one chapter. Even Ultramarines, Dark Angels, Blood Angels and Space Wolves didnt get it yet, so I dont think we will get this so fast. 

I prefer the regular way too but if there happen anything in this topic we could even hope - then the easy way.

EDIT: except we get own rules for the swordbrethren like the tyranid warriors in supplement ultramarines.

Edited by Medjugorje

I'm tired of the easy way, I want the regular way.

They want to give us primaris sword bros? Just make the damn unit.

Do SW pay CP for wolf guard?

Do BA pay CP for Sanguinary guard?

We should not pay CP for Sword Brethren.

They pay for those with subpar stratagems in general and lagging behind in power creep

Well after seeing the price of the Eldar box, start saving up lads.

25 quid for our rules, and potentially 140 quid for a box.

Ya but you might need two boxes!!! Depending on what is in it. :)

I dont think I will buy 2 boxes. I cant responsibly spent that amount of money in the hobby. A box and the book, and that's it. If we even get a box that is.

But I'm confident that we will.

Depending on who they pair us with just like a start box make a friend to split the set and the cost.  The main issue is when will the items will be sold separately from boxes.

Hell the CSM chosen and Ork plastic missile copters never came to a standard release.

Edited by balordazul

I'm still guarding myself for the possibility that Kikasstou has been wrong for the first in this particular case and that the next book/box isn't Templars at all but something else. Or that sisters will somehow manage to steal our thunder somehow... (though if it turns out to be a box, that's actually good for our chances, as I can't see them releasing 2 sister themeed boxes so close on each other....)

Regardless, come what may, I will take nothing for granted until we finally actually see some confirmations.

I doubt there'll be another box set besides the Eldar one specially with how close the first two books are supposed to be released according to the same rumors, I think we might see other things like Chaos getting a new SC! with the new miniatures (maybe one for us too but thats too hopeful), maybe GW will just relese the Sorcerer/Obliterators/BT upgrade kit/Emperor's Champion or whatever as separate kits without a box set or maybe it will be part of the Christmas battleforces but another box set with Imperium vs Chaos just seems unlikely to me.

I doubt there'll be another box set besides the Eldar one specially with how close the first two books are supposed to be released according to the same rumors, I think we might see other things like Chaos getting a new SC! with the new miniatures (maybe one for us too but thats too hopeful), maybe GW will just relese the Sorcerer/Obliterators/BT upgrade kit/Emperor's Champion or whatever as separate kits without a box set or maybe it will be part of the Christmas battleforces but another box set with Imperium vs Chaos just seems unlikely to me.

This release is placed on end of the year - christmas time and there is always a Space Marine Box. Last year there was a IF and a Ultramarine Box-Set '(and so far i remember - there used to be more). I would say that is very logical to put out a Space Marines box.

I just think BT is wrapped tightly under a veil of secrecy.

We know some rules and that's it.

We are not even sure who is the chaos faction we are facing.

Or this is big , or this is nothing at all.

Also Chaos could just get a sorc and the shadowspear standalone kits, and BT could have a box sister style just for them.

I'm sure by the end of the month on the events preview we will have some news.

Edited by Sete

I was chatting to a GW employee who had little more than speculation to offer in terms of supplement/rules release. We chatted about his own old BT army ("80 angry chainswords") before he seemed to be recalling something and said "of course there's some great releases coming in next year which will make you very happy - they're basically *made* for Templars... but I can't really talk about that yet."

What does it mean? Maybe nothing, but it could also be suggesting a melee option for Primaris, particularly something that he thought about while discussing large chainsword wielding crusader squads.

Epic levels of salt with this one of course, but I post it now because if this is indeed a generic Primaris model release next year, then I may need to temper my expectations for BT models in PA2... maybe rules only are looking more likely at this stage. :(

Edited by Marshal Mattias

Well that is much better then anything thing I have ever gotten from my local GW store.  Normally he is bashing everything that is slightly older to push anything that is new.  150% of his POV is just making sales not a better game for the community. 

Wow also I did not see the price of that Eldar box set that is crazy.  Depending if we get a box set I may just need to wait for them to be sold solo if we end up getting any BT stuff.

Edited by balordazul

I was chatting to a GW employee who had little more than speculation to offer in terms of supplement/rules release. We chatted about his own old BT army ("80 angry chainswords") before he seemed to be recalling something and said "of course there's some great releases coming in next year which will make you very happy - they're basically *made* for Templars... but I can't really talk about that yet."

What does it mean? Maybe nothing, but it could also be suggesting a melee option for Primaris, particularly something that he thought about while discussing large chainsword wielding crusader squads.

Epic levels of salt with this one of course, but I post it now because if this is indeed a generic Primaris model release next year, then I may need to temper my expectations for BT models in PA2... maybe rules only are looking more likely at this stage. :sad.:

Melee primaris have been rumored to be coming for awhile now in the next wave of primaris releases.  Looks like your local GW employee has heard something similar.

Yeah, and I would normally agree that it's just general rumour mumbling. Its hard to explain if you weren't there, but either he's an impressive amateur actor, or he genuinely made a momentary mental connection to the "new release" and mobs of chainsword BT, before quickly changing the subject. As to why this particular guy would have seen something nobody else has, I couldn't say, but it's got me pretty convinced we'll be seeing a bunch of chainsword primaris in the new year.

Reminded of the fact that being in psychic awakening book means sharing pages with chaos. Bums me out just a bit. 

Wasn't around for codex armageddon for 3rd edition, it was during my hiatus, so I guess its just superficial feeling of being slighted.

Then again I should stick to my guns that I'd take even new rules in WD, if it finally finally finally means new models. 

I'm getting sick of waiting and ranting is all.

I understand where you are coming from. After all we are going to pay 25 quid, which is more than the supplements, and we will be sharing a book with chaos at least.

there might even be more faction involved, and we still don't know if we are having miniature support.

So yeah its normal to feel slighted.

But beggars cant be choosers. Fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Good sales for us now, might turn into more support in the future.

Reminded of the fact that being in psychic awakening book means sharing pages with chaos. Bums me out just a bit.

Wasn't around for codex armageddon for 3rd edition, it was during my hiatus, so I guess its just superficial feeling of being slighted.

Then again I should stick to my guns that I'd take even new rules in WD, if it finally finally finally means new models.

I'm getting sick of waiting and ranting is all.

Being in Armageddon didn't feel like a slight, because before that, we had nothing!