Pyschic Awakening: Speculation

Triszin

Have seen posted elsewhere that the novella Auric Gods suggests what the Awakening is

Makes me think its new units not endless spells

I've seen it in a Facebook comment as well. I wouldn't mind some relevant spoilers lol

Edited by sfPanzer

Have seen posted elsewhere that the novella Auric Gods suggests what the Awakening is

I've seen it in a Facebook comment as well. I wouldn't mind some relevant spoilers lol

If everyone gets a new psyker model i wouldn't complain

It it’s endless spells...

More mortal wounds.

Just what the game needs.

God :cussing damn

Edit: Also, I play Black Templars, Necrons, Custodes, Legio Titanicus and soon to be Sisters. I get the feeling I will not enjoy this reveal.

Edited by kombatwombat

It it’s endless spells...

More mortal wounds.

Just what the game needs.

God :cussing damn

Edit: Also, I play Black Templars, Necrons, Custodes, Legio Titanicus and soon to be Sisters. I get the feeling I will not enjoy this reveal.

Well they said this psychic awakening thing will be something for every faction and every player so who knows. ^^

Also hopefully they've learned from the AoS Endless Spells. There are a bunch of Mortal wound generating ones but also a bunch of more creative ones. And it's not as if psyker wouldn't be able to dish out Mortal Wounds already anyway. ^^

Edited by sfPanzer

Spoiler please?

Cant do spoiler tags on my phone but I googled psychic awakening (reddit) and then read spoilers for Auric Gods. Theres also some supposition on my part

Spoiler please?

From what I gathered from reddit it's about the emperor wanting to return or something. So probably not relevant to this event at all and very speculative at best.

From what I gathered from reddit it's about the emperor wanting to return or something. So probably not relevant to this event at all and very speculative at best.

That's the one I found too and kept searching because I didn't find it relevant at all and thought I should be looking for a different one.

Doesn't help that googling "Psychic Awakening" gets a whole load of results about spirituality.

I'm just going to get the obvious prediction out now: no matter what it is, the internet is going to be mad.

Mostly because I can't think of a post-Gathering Storm release GW has mad that hasn't resulted in some part of the internet spending all it's time losing it's mind over. But I mean, that's basically all Facebook is good for these days so I shouldn't be too shocked.

I could see GW bringing back the whole Star Child theory back into the lore, maybe its their next step after the "Throne is failing" bit and have the next bit of info be "The Emperor has/will be reborn" but of course never materializing. They have certainly touched the Golden Throne lore a whole bunch what with the Horusian wars and Carrion Throne books kind of touching the subject.

But of course that wont be the whole thing, there's too many hints in the first teaser that can speak to a lot of factions and personally I think its another campaign that maybe wont be about a specific place but a galaxy wide event so that most factions can be given something without having the setting feel smaller like it did with Vigilus and that something may be another Age of Strife event that has Humanity having a plague of psykers and taking their next step into becoming a psychic race.

I could see GW bringing back the whole Star Child theory back into the lore, maybe its their next step after the "Throne is failing" bit and have the next bit of info be "The Emperor has/will be reborn" but of course never materializing. They have certainly touched the Golden Throne lore a whole bunch what with the Horusian wars and Carrion Throne books kind of touching the subject.

But of course that wont be the whole thing, there's too many hints in the first teaser that can speak to a lot of factions and personally I think its another campaign that maybe wont be about a specific place but a galaxy wide event so that most factions can be given something without having the setting feel smaller like it did with Vigilus and that something may be another Age of Strife event that has Humanity having a plague of psykers and taking their next step into becoming a psychic race.

I think part of it is going to have Russ stab the emperor with his spear to make the emperor remember who he was and his plan. And show truth to the emperor that he is now a good, and can no longer deny it

I'm just going to get the obvious prediction out now: no matter what it is, the internet is going to be mad.

Mostly because I can't think of a post-Gathering Storm release GW has mad that hasn't resulted in some part of the internet spending all it's time losing it's mind over. But I mean, that's basically all Facebook is good for these days so I shouldn't be too shocked.

That's not a prediction, that's just reality. :P

Just making a guess, but I think the most logical way is to tie it to the effects of the Cicatrix Maledictum has had over the galaxy; having a new huge opening into the warp dividing a big chunk of the galaxy in two is bound to have serious warp-related effects for everyone. As an example, if I recall correctly, necrons had already been mentioned to be actively working on creating new pylons to contain or even close it using blackstone. It would be nice to see this aspect expanded. I could see some Craftworld Eldar or the Ynnari taking pity on the Tau and indirectly helping them to learn how to fight the warp, after their first serious contact with it in one of the latest expansion spheres. Tyranids may actually try to avoid any warp-tainted/full daemon world, as there is probably not a lot of biomass to harvest on them, plus I do not know how nicely the Hive Mind and the warp interact. The Imperium, as people have already mentioned, will probably have to deal with increased psychic activity, and maybe we could see the Sisters of Silence getting some more attention?

Btw, are Sisters of Battle still the armed force of the Ordo Hereticus? If so, they would also be involved in purging all rogue psykers and new cults arising.

I would. Sisters of battle getting a psyker model would be a no no.

If this is just a loyalist Primarch coming back they might as well stop pretending like the lore matters at all.

That ship sailed about two years ago friend. Where have you been?

And it's endless/persistent spells in space.

The lore never mattered. Rogue trader is barely recognizable from even 3rd edition's lore.

40k is a heavy metal album cover IN SPACE. It's ridiculous, over the top, and insane.

I understand not liking lore changes (ala SoB suddenly having psykers) but pretending like it was this super serious 'pillar of creative vision' and that new GW is 'ruining' some established, heavily curated canon is silly. The lore conflicts with itself in the same book sometimes.

Edited by ERJAK

Celestine is basically a daemon princess made by the Emperor so something like channelling the Emperor's might wouldn't make me hate it.

Celestine is basically a daemon princess made by the Emperor so something like channelling the Emperor's might wouldn't make me hate it.

I expect more saints as super powered characters for sisters and IG

You know what? That sounds brilliant.

One thing the Guard lack are imposing hero characters. Yarrick is great but he's not quite a Celestine.

Saint Malcador becomes a thing. Saint Yarrick against Beast Ghaz.

Yes please.

I wish Lord Solar Macharius was still a thing.

Retcon him to have been lost in the Warp and bring him back. A mini Guilliman for the guard with great auras, army buffs and powerful cc.

Anyways, back to topic lol

Edited by Ishagu