Pyschic Awakening: Speculation

Triszin

4 is armegeddon

That's the obvious answer, but I think Armageddon is 2. Why? Because of this.

velkGXf.png

Like Valrak said, the icons are not centered on the smaller maps, because to display it this way, it needs to be on the right side. And Armageddon's on the right place for the second image.

So what's number four? Well, there's a funky little pair of planets right next to that Warp storm that also lands on the right spot. Sortiarius and Prospero.

I'm excited now, I think I might do a little mockup.

Edited by DeadFingers

Are the outlined red areas are necron dynasty's?

Prospero u say?

Ashesof prospero gonna be made hard Canon?

@deadfingers, don't do that. Don't get my hopes up.

Edited by Triszin

If I'm understanding the information correctly, it's very convincing. The "zoomed in" images that Valrak has provided are analogues to the existing Phoenix Rising image. These images aren't arbitrary, they're pulled directly from the site.

There's no reason to think that each such image would have its own bespoke text box. It's far more likely that they'll all be put into the same "text on the left, planet on the right" format. 

That places the image's corresponding planet in the middle of the right half of the image, which for #4, is absolutely Prospero. 

Edited by Shinespider

Laddies and gentlewomen, thanks to Valrak and his Magos friend, and some quick image manipulation by yours truly, here are the three other zones, now with 100% more context. I obscured the left side of the images under the logic that future warzones will be featured in the same way as the first one, but let's not entirely assume that this logic is infallible. Let's get to it.

First off, Warzone #2. Could be Armageddon, could not, it's really off-center. But there's no denying that with Fenris, the Rock, Armageddon and even the Solar System nearby, it's a hot zone.

7NP6XVg.png

Next, Warzone #3, now this is interesting. What's cooking North of the Cicatrix? Seems the Blood Angels are prime candidates for another major scuffle. Poor guys can't get a rest.

1AaMzRq.png

And finally, Warzone #4 and OH BOY DO WE HAVE A BINGO. Smack bang in the middle, there they are, Sortiarius and Prospero, primed and ready for a fight.

o6wIcD0.png

Edited by DeadFingers

For those interested: the maps are divided into layers, each with a different element of the map.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/themes/gw-community/library/images/point-4/rift-4.png

Is an example of one of the layers - it's the "rift" layer for "point 4." The images above are created by finding all of the layers for each point and stacking them to create the full image.

None of this is arbitrary, it's all right there on the page. 

Edited by Shinespider

I"m not sure if it's been pointed out, but those are spot on Necron Dynasty territories. Sautekh is the main blob surrounding the Eldar symbol with Arrynmarok jutting off the side above the rift and Nihilakh below. Mephrit is the other, closely aligned to Baal's location.

Edited by NTaW

Back to image 2, is there some necron dynasty or something else that fits better in the center?

I've kept looking around and the only thing I've found that might be relevant is this. According to the maps in the CSM and Daemon Codices, there's a "Daemonic Incursion" and a Warp storm called the Damnation Spiral right where the icon would be, but that's it, no details, no descriptions, no names, nothing.

It's absolutely a stretch, but I can't find any relevant planets in there. Then again, we're all working under the pretense that these Warzones will be previously known locations, while Vigilus came out of nowhere and gave us Abaddon. There might be nothing of importance there right now, but GW may have something in the oven.

Kl7gy3C.png

Edit: Bit of an update, the map of the Galaxy on the Necron Codex says there's some Dynastic territory just next to where the icon would be, but it's so small it doesn't even have a Tomb World marker or a name.

1k0s7oP.png

Edited by DeadFingers

I really hope that the 40k team are taking notes from the AoS crew on how to run these lore-advancing events. Malign Portents and Forbidden Power have been really strong narratives-wise (it helps that they have one of GW's best perma-villains in Nagash) and have done wonders in fleshing out AoS's universe from its early tabletop-MOBA feel.  

I'm going to choose to be cautiously-optimistic about this.  

And plastic Aspects at long last will help!

I'm missing something, I thought I was well versed in 40k lore, what is Sortiarius?

The Planet of the Sorcerers, Magnus' own Daemon world. When the Wolves came to Prospero, he teleported Tizca and everyone in it to Sortiarius, and during the climax of Wrath of Magnus, he completed a spell that pulled Sortiarius out of the Warp and into realspace, near Prospero.

Now it seems the Wolves might attempt a second Burning.

Man I'm glad people could dig into the website so that we have something approaching actual information about this.

Baal is interesting though through the perspective of a psychic awakening. The blood angels are already one of the more psychically potent chapters out there, so they might not be taking a beating this time, when their book comes out it could be their anime power up episode. Calling it now, the Sanguinor model gets retired as he instead becomes some kind of primarch level Avatar of Sanguinus, possessed by his spirit or something. It'll be their way of giving Blood Angela their primarch while skirting around the fact that he's super, super dead. Also more psychic energy floating around could trigger the Black Rage in Primaris?

Rampant, baseless speculation! Yay!

@: Reinhard

To get out of the golden throne. To rule his empire again. To be the true and only Master of Mankind as he once was.

Hey I'm just speculating and finding the grimmest darkest most ridiculous possible outcome.

EDIT 1: SPELLING

Edited by Wulf Vengis