Primaris Shrike

Yes, not a fan of the head, but since it's modeled on his waist I fear some cutting and greenstuff is in order. Also it's nice that he has a ranged option now. I thought it silly that he didn't have a pistol in the old codex.

I think this means our supplement is next in line.

WoW...Thats nice...

Sooooo ... technically, if i play a Raven Guard successor...can i take this guy....:cool.:

Mithril 

As far as I know....technically no. Only the Raven Guard Chapter themselves can use Shrike. Successors get everything else though. Same way you can't use Calgar as an UM successor I'm afraid.

Thinking about it more, my 2 main disappointments with the model are:

1. The anemic/strange looking jump pack.   I much prefer the more bulky looking 30K and old 40K style packs.
  2. The standard boring GW character with weapon up in the air pose.  Both Corax and Edryc Setorax from Kill Team Cassius are much more dynamic looking lightning claw equipped models, why can't they do this for other characters?

Other than that, i'd put the beakie helmet on his head, and point the feet claws forward.

At least the old metal/finecast Shrike model can finally be retired!

Edited by lythari

WoW...Thats nice...

Sooooo ... technically, if i play a Raven Guard successor...can i take this guy....:cool.:

Mithril 

As far as I know....technically no. Only the Raven Guard Chapter themselves can use Shrike. Successors get everything else though. Same way you can't use Calgar as an UM successor I'm afraid.

But in Friendly games with mates...saying "i'm Playing RavenGuard" :wink: is fine right ! :rolleyes:  although then i have to let my mates Ultra successor use Roboute... :yes: 

i can live with that if i get to paint him up :wub:

Mithril 

The feet claws, bright paintjob and George Mann garbage needs to go. And then it'll be fantastic.

What bright paint job? He's literally painted exactly like the original model.

Personally, I love it.

Now this is subjective and all, but it would mainly be due to the amount of highlights the black armour gets when it's painted up eavymetal style. Also, the first photo may just be over-exposed; the two combining into something I feel is too bright.

Not to mention you can paint him as dark as you want when you get him yourself.

Who would have thought that?

Warhawks <Raven Guard> 

Oh yes. Delicious. Except the terrain piece he's perched on I'm not changing a thing other than than to work with my color scheme (still think a Lias Primaris would rock). I believe it has inspired the pattern I'll be using for my officer corp. That jump pack (?) is just awesome. Very Primaris :)

I love it to bits. At first I hated the hair, but it's grown on me.

I'll be chopping that wall down though. Saw right across at the top of the vision slit and job's done. My army basing is on pavers and columns, that rebar would clash terribly.

WoW...Thats nice...

Mithril

Successor? You mean your Raven Guard detachment that has painted their armor to confuse the enemy and hide the true numbers of their force?