Primaris Shrike

WoW...Thats nice...

Sooooo ... technically, if i play a Raven Guard successor...can i take this guy....:cool.:

Mithril

Successor? You mean your Raven Guard detachment that has painted their armor to confuse the enemy and hide the true numbers of their force?

HaHaHaHaHa... :woot:  That's GOLD my friend just GOLD

Mithril

Okay guys, I'm calling it now.

The "counts as a bolt weapon" named Blackout we were wondering about from the Codex?

We just saw it, because it's in Shrike's right hand.

Edit: And I'll bet it can target characters, shut off overwatch, or both.

Edited by Claws and Effect

The "counts as a bolt weapon" named Blackout we were wondering about from the Codex?

I dont think so, a special bolt pistol would receive no benefit to being defined as such. I think Blackout is a larger bolt rifle Relic/Armory item.

I cant believe all the negativity on the N+R forum, I think Shrike looks amazing.

I dont think so, a special bolt pistol would receive no benefit to being defined as such. I think Blackout is a larger bolt rifle Relic/Armory item.

I cant believe all the negativity on the N+R forum, I think Shrike looks amazing.

Why not? They list the Gauntlet of the Forge under flame weapons and only He'Stan has that. So it's not like there isn't precedent (on the same page, even).

This is my hill and I'm gonna die on it. Unless proven 100% wrong in a future tease or the supplement.

I'm happy to see the Raven Guard Forum generally happy (not counting minor amendments some want to make with a clipper and some greenstuff)

Can't wait to see what you guys make out of him to fit your individual (Primaris) Armies!

P.S.: ...I will surely buy one to, to make him the Lord of my Vanguard

Edited by RikuEru

Not a fan of the hair, the “Ravenguard are emo-marines” trope doesn’t need more ammo for it. I would love an option to mount that beaky on his head as well. The footclaws make sense if I imagine them as being stowed away for the minute, ready to flip forward should the good Chapter Master need some more grip on terrain or a foul Xenos’ chest.

Overall, I like it, but it has some niggling flaws I can’t get over.

Yeah...that head is so damn emo, that has to go - helmet it is. And the backpack with grav chute and jump nozzles and smoke launchers is as confused a design as the Impulsor, I'll just give him back his old proper jump pack.

Except for that, the model looks good. Feet claw make sense, silenced pistol and grenades give a more tacticool look, and the lightning claws funally make sense in terms of still being able to use his hands for something else than clawing. With the mentioned modifications, that model will be usable...

His armor is a bit strange, Its clearly phobos armor, but the flying attachments are very reminiscent of the Omnis armor (That surpressors use), his rebreather is very clearly Omnis style.

The... retractable feet claws I guess are just claws though, and not fancy repulsors plates?

EDIT: Actually... he's clearly in Omnis armor. Except the legs are phobos with flying attachments. 

Edited by Reinhard

I think the model will grow on me, I’m more excited that since Calgar, tigirius and Khan got primaris armour and then they’re chapters got a codex. Raven guard look set to get a codex next.

And this is the big reason to be the opposite of emo...i am of the joyous and most of the happy :wink:  to see the Emo Shrike... i'm hoping our conversion / paint jobs may see him in a better light.

Mithril 

I'm actually more convinced now that the gun Shrike is holding is Blackout.

Mostly since I had the realization that it's not a pistol. It has a foregrip on it, which a pistol does not have. If you look at the design for pretty much any Primaris bolt pistol there is very little between the magazine and the start of the barrel, let alone enough space to fit a second hand in a rifle grip.

More than anything else it looks like a stripped down instigator bolt carbine.

So, yeah. Blackout. I'm convinced now.

Edit: That said I did find a couple things about the model I'm not a fan of.

1) The fact that it looks a bit like a kitbash. It has Phobos legs and a Tacticus torso. You can tell by the armor plates on his upper body. One, he has 2 full scale shoulder pads, and two, his abdomen is an armor plate where it's soft armor on Phobos.

2) I don't like the Chapter symbol on his left shoulder pad at all. If you compare it to the one on his knee it comes across as a bad tattoo artist's interpretation of it in a "pirate tattoo" style. It's also a little cartoonish. I really hope it isn't a molded piece.

Edited by Claws and Effect

1) The fact that it looks a bit like a kitbash. It has Phobos legs and a Tacticus torso. You can tell by the armor plates on his upper body. One, he has 2 full scale shoulder pads, and two, his abdomen is an armor plate where it's soft armor on Phobos.

It's Omnis, which admittedly is very similiar to Tacticus. Everything about the armor is Omnis except the legs which you correctly identified as Phobos. That's pretty much where my initial confusion when looking at the model came from

Mostly since I had the realization that it's not a pistol. It has a foregrip on it, which a pistol does not have. If you look at the design for pretty much any Primaris bolt pistol there is very little between the magazine and the start of the barrel, let alone enough space to fit a second hand in a rifle grip.

More than anything else it looks like a stripped down instigator bolt carbine.

You're right, it looks like an instigator. Slightly shorter at the front end, with a pistol magazine and without optics.

Four finger grooves instead of the 2 1/2 of a heavy bolt pistol, but the grip ends immediately after the last finger groove, unlike the one from the Eliminator sergeant (which would have space for a 5th finger groove).

Being between a HBP and the instigator, it'll be interesting what it actually does.

I love him, especially his haircut. I'm prette amazed that Games Workshop really had the guts to give him that. I heavily tempted to start a Rave Guard Kill Team … :happy.:

Edited by Filius

I'm actually more convinced now that the gun Shrike is holding is Blackout.

Um, no. There are already primaris pistols with 4 grooves and front accessory dangler:

99120101180_PrimarisChaplain02.jpg

It's Omnis, which admittedly is very similiar to Tacticus. Everything about the armor is Omnis except the legs which you correctly identified as Phobos. That's pretty much where my initial confusion when looking at the model came from

It's only half-phobos though. Legs still have omnis-style jump jets.

He would look better in a Spider-Man stance, beaky helmet on the corner of a building, maybe sticking to the building (possible foot claw functionality?) Bracing with his lighting claws into the stone as well, looking forward/down at his prey.

I think the redemptor bolt pistol was made because people would just headswap an intecessor or lieutenant model and give them a spirit stick and call it done. Now you have to do that, and use an older style Bolter and cut it up a little.

Primaris bolt pistols should hit at 15", Primaris plasma pistols too.

Edited by Trevak Dal

Not to mention you can paint him as dark as you want when you get him yourself.

Who would have thought that?

Well clearly you seeing as you're using the light paint job as one of your points of contention and dislike? Won't go down this rabbit hole.

For me the biggest problem is that shoulder pad, it is a horrible version of the RG emblem.

Not entirely sold on the phobos legs as they make the model look top heavy, and I would have preferred the "talons" to have just been built into his boots. (Wish I was ablr to wotk photoshop to see what he would look like with Omnis legs tbh.)

I will more than likely buy this model, trim of some of the bling and put a helmet on him (I like helmets, lol).

It's only half-phobos though. Legs still have omnis-style jump jets.

This does not unmake or half make it Phobos.

Gravis armor can be flying or non flying. The presence of "fly balls" on the legs is irrelevant to the pattern of the armor, its just there wether the unit flies or not. 

The only Omnis unit we've seen prior to Shrike Is Surpressors, which are flying, and thus have "fly balls". The fly balls on regular Omnis legs are behind t he heels (just like Gravis incidentally). Shrikes fly balls are mounted higher up. He doesn't have omnis style lower legs at all, no Omnis style leg grav chute panes... his lower legs instead feature the very distinctive Phobos boots with the ridge thing above the foot etc. My point is yes, he has flying legs, but nothing about the legs say Omnis, though the rest of his armor does.

Edited by Reinhard