Primaris Shrike

He does NOT come with a transfer sheet.

He has the side-hip beakie helm, but you'll have to cut off some gear bits (ammo pouch, and decorative raven heads) in order to mount it.  If you choose to do another kind of head, it's an easy enough swap too, as it's just the standard marine head with a mounting peg at the bottom.

All hail to the first posting a Primaris shrike with his beaky helmet on.

Ask and you shall receive. Sorry for the bad photos. Mini photography (and a cracked lens) are not my strong suit:

gallery_95196_15095_43848.jpg

gallery_95196_15095_50048.jpg

Edit: you'll note I did not attach the "bling" hanging from his belt. That is intentional; I will paint that on sprue and put it on afterwards. I also have to do some mould line removal, but I wanted to be the first up with his helmet :-)

Edited by 9x19 Parabellum

Omg that looks AMAZING!!!

How difficult was it to extract the helmet? Did you salvage the rest of the kit it was attached too and did you have to do any modifications to mount the helmet?

Thanks Duz! Not difficult at all. Just used a standard (and brand new...that's the key) Xacto blade.  I was able to salvage the rest of the kit, yes.  His ammo pouches are attached to his waist around the back as normal (can't see it in the picture).

For mounting the helmet, I just used a little bit of sprue and shaved it down to resemble the "mounting peg" that you find on many of the primaris style heads (depending on kit). It was no problem at all.  Total conversion work was under 10 minutes.

I'm assuming that's the helmet from his belt? It seems like I was right and it's not that difficult to remove from the pouches and use normally?

Correct, Warriorhunter, it is the helmet from his belt.  As said above, very easy to separate it from the ammo-pouches and use normally.  Just use a very sharp xacto. I even have the dangling raven skull decorations and I'm going to mount them probably hanging from his jetpack somewhere (haven't decided yet).

Edited by 9x19 Parabellum

I echo the ease of removing the belt helm... just a little patience and a sharp xacto is no problem.  I built mine last night and am very happy with it (pictures coming in the painting challenge thread).  Some thoughts:

1.  Removing the helm leaves a hole in his back above his buttplate where the helm "plugs" in.  This can be greenstuffed over, but I chose to remove his chest grenades and placed them over this hole.  It looks AMAZING and is the perfect size.  

2.  If you remove the helm you'll need to put something in place to prop his now helmeted head in the proper location/angle.  Another spot where greenstuff would work, but I chose to instead use a piece of sprue... specifically the Round peglike structures that ring the outside.  This allowed me to shave it off and sculpt the peg till I got the angle JUST right.

3.  The wall that he rests on normally didn't work at all for me ... waaay too tall.  It can be cut in half with a jeweler's saw or tin snips with a minimum of effort, and has a nice natural bevel that serves as a good boundary and gives an option to perch him on the top half of the wall OR the bottom.  I went with the latter.  

4.  The double wing jetpack is VERY cool, but you don't have to assemble it as shown and have many ways to customize it's look based on how you put it together.  It has a LOT of very small pieces that have to fit into other small ones, so DONT overglue and be sure you bring your patience and steady hands.  

I actually built him 95% as is.

I swapped out his right pad for the Sgt pad from the upgrade sprue, and his left pad for one that has a scroll on it. Going to write his name on it with a micro pen.

I actually painted him really close to GWs paintjob as well.

I liked the model enough that I didn't really find a whole lot I wanted to change. Haven't put his boot claws on yet. I'm trying to decide if I want to flip them over or omit them entirely.

I liked the model enough that I didn't really find a whole lot I wanted to change. Haven't put his boot claws on yet. I'm trying to decide if I want to flip them over or omit them entirely.

I'm curious to see how they look if you flip them around. I haven't picked mine up yet, gotta get my redemptor and decal game going first.

No use starting a new thread over it but I just got my collectors edition codex and Shrike in the post. Shrike is amazing and on first glance as already said the helmet will be an easy cut and swap. Also got Feirros who'll become an RG techmarine for now.

The limited edition codex....the artwork on the inside of the cover is the White Scars heraldry shield rather than ours. Not massively outrageous but when you pay extra for these things you should be getting top of the line stuff let alone mess ups.

For those with a keener eye, in the normal marine codex, our army picture is captioned as Iron Hands as well. Editors were asleep when our turn came around. :whistling: