Runic Awakening: Speculation

Dark Shepherd

While I agree with your logic, could Saga of the Beast be neutral? The saga part referring to the Wolves?

Since 'The Beast' series, anything stating the beast is pretty much dealing with the Orks. Even a few of the novels "the beast" is a term referring to Ork as a whole, much like "the hungering maw" refers to nids. SW are often wolfkin or wolves or wulfen terms. However it doesn't mean its not SW vs Ork. However if I went to a random 40m player and said "the beast" 99% of the time they will think of Orks.

Sure but you could say the exact same thing about “saga” if we’re trimming words and not everyone reads BL. If anything I would argue it’s more wolf than ork TBH.

I mean we literally have a trait called saga of the beast(slayer).

Edited by PeteySödes

If its a paperback release rather than a new release/omnibus edition than would dampen it

Pupdate

"This omnibus edition collects together for the first time the novels Ragnar Blackmane, Curse of the Wulfen, Legacy of Russ and The Hunt for Logan Grimnar as well as the novellas Blood on the Mountain and Arjac Rockfist, and a host of short stories."

I smell tie in.

Edited by Dark Shepherd

We may or may not get Primaris Ragnar but let's look at how well Blood Angel's did in PA3 just from rules.

I think it is safe to assume we will get Doctrines and a Super-Doctrine (whether they are the same as the codex ones remains to be seen but at least we should see a decent power-up). Access to new stratagems and wargear is always handy too. Combined with the points drops we seem to be getting in CA19 means Wolves look like being in a better place than we have been for pretty much all of 8th. Not necessarily top-tier competitive but at least we should no longer feel like we are fighting with one hand (paw?) tied behind our backs. :wink:

Primaris Ragnar would be cool, but upgrading the army as a whole to be more competitive has to be real prize here.

I'm not long in tooth, but I know GW. They will give us what they want to and ideally that means Primaris of one of our older models. Anything else will be wild speculation or educated guesses. I say we hunt the facts and see how Dark Angels turn out in the next book. Only then can we say for certain where our fate lies. That being said, I'm a hopeful young lad. I would love to see a big release, maybe even a return of Russ to bring balance to the Imperium as it lays fractured and broken assailed on all sides. However, I'm holding my expectations at a primaris character so the fall is not as hard as all the past ones have been. We will bide our time and when they least expect the Pack will be unleashed! For Russ and the Allfather! May we see glory in March Edited by The Saint Ragnar

Ragnar is I think the oldest in use model in all of GW. He has been the Great Wolf in Waiting for twenty plus years at this point. I fully expect and frankly hope he gets a Primaris upgrade to get a new model and better rules for him.

Yup. The only special characters older than Ragnar are the original Yarrick and Ghazkull and both were replaced sometime in 3rd edition IIRC. His contemporaries (Ulrik and Njal) have both also been redone. Time for a refresh if ever there was one.

Njal didn’t really get an upgrade just a variant. His old ass model is still available. With all the others getting a psyker why would they do the same for Njal? If the Dark Angel gets a new psyker I think a stronger case will be made for Njal. Don’t get me wrong, I would LOVE to see a Primaris Ragnar, but it’s the called psychic awakening, not Primaris awakening.

Just my thoughts.

The special characters are gestalt/powered by the psychic energy of multiple beings. Their special abilities, and the additional exarch powers for the Banshees (and others in the book) are a psychic manifestation.

So while they are not psykers in the sense of having psychic powers to use in the psychic phase, yes the model release related to the psychic awakening bit

What about the white scars? They didn't get a primaris psykers right?

Codex marines were represented in faith and fury, and that book got chaos sorcerer

Sorry I meant as their new primaris model. I guess that was pre the psychic awakening books. So I may be asking a moot question.

We may or may not get Primaris Ragnar but let's look at how well Blood Angel's did in PA3 just from rules.

I think it is safe to assume we will get Doctrines and a Super-Doctrine (whether they are the same as the codex ones remains to be seen but at least we should see a decent power-up). Access to new stratagems and wargear is always handy too. Combined with the points drops we seem to be getting in CA19 means Wolves look like being in a better place than we have been for pretty much all of 8th. Not necessarily top-tier competitive but at least we should no longer feel like we are fighting with one hand (paw?) tied behind our backs. :wink:

Primaris Ragnar would be cool, but upgrading the army as a whole to be more competitive has to be real prize here.

Completely agree we need the rule overhaul the most. Not too worried about what character we get, though I would love a priest model that builds either a rune or wolf priest.

Completely agree we need the rule overhaul the most. Not too worried about what character we get, though I would love a priest model that builds either a rune or wolf priest.

That would be bad ass.

...aside from Ulrik, there is no Wolf Priest model to buy at all...

No specific one, no. They want you to kitbash it from chaplain, rune priest, or use the primaris chaplain. Would be nice to get a dedicated wolf priest, but I feel there is many other things GW needs to focus on first.